Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
steve_hill4 said:
Yeah, it's crap, (I uploaded that one), but we decided in the other topic that we would upload anything, whatever quality or file type and let people who have better quality replace it if they want. That means go for uploading the real version of it, I for one would love to get hold of your copy.

Cool, that'll be the next one I upload! My version is Real Player, like I said, but I don't think Real Player for OS X is that bad at all. It sure did suck on Windows, though.

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
The uplaod for the full 1984 Macintosh introduction is complete. It has Steve's Keynote along with short interviews and features, speeches from other leading Apple figures and ends with a short Q&A session with Steve and John Sculley.

Apparently, it's hard to find this full version now, so spread it as far and wide as possible.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
amacgenius said:
Well I'll let Jack tell you, but this idea is really progressing ;).

Yepp.

I just need to buy AppleKeynotes.com

Haven't been able to do it yet, my card is emmmpppty after the iMac. :p

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
drumpat01 said:
FileFront as well so that whenever the torrents die we still have them at least up somewhere.

I gave up on FileFront. Tried downloading a couple overnight. Neither got to even 50% in an 8 hour timeframe. This on a pipe that on BT can download 2GB in about an hour. (With enough seeders though.)

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
Sorry people, sorry Larry.. I am working on it, just need to get some cash into my bank account (I have the cash, just need it in there to buy stuff on the internet).

Tomorrow I should be able to do it.

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
SiliconAddict said:
I gave up on FileFront. Tried downloading a couple overnight. Neither got to even 50% in an 8 hour timeframe. This on a pipe that on BT can download 2GB in about an hour. (With enough seeders though.)

Yeah, I've given up downloading anything from it, as well. It was worth a shot, but the download speeds are terrible.

The last time I tried uploading something, it didn't even register how long it was going to take or anything, so I just cancelled it.

Hopefully, we'll be able to get applekeynotes.com up and running! :cool:

typecase

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2005
Could somebody upload MWSF 2005? I'd like to be able to download the intro to the Mac Mini.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
Ordered AppleKeynotes.com and paid, just says registration in progress. :)

We'll be up and running soon. :)

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
Ok people, its up and running. :)

I am on a pc at the moment while I wait for my iMac to arrive, so I don't have any of my Keynotes here. I just uploaded a random Azureus .exe file I had on the desktop.. ignore the content, but tell me what speeds you get from the server.

AppleKeynotes.com :)

EDIT: Azureus file taken down, replacing with something else. Gimme a min. :)

Edity 2: New app up. Try for speed.

jacobj

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2003
Jersey
XIII said:
Ok people, its up and running. :)

I am on a pc at the moment while I wait for my iMac to arrive, so I don't have any of my Keynotes here. I just uploaded a random Azureus .exe file I had on the desktop.. ignore the content, but tell me what speeds you get from the server.

AppleKeynotes.com :)

EDIT: Azureus file taken down, replacing with something else. Gimme a min. :)

Edity 2: New app up. Try for speed.

I'm getting an average of 50k or there abouts..

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
Ok, I got about 90..

A lot better than FileFront I guess.

I am thinking of installing WordPress, and using that to manage the Keynotes.. write a little bit about each, and post a link. I can't think of any better way to do it..?

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
AppleKeynotes.com....wow..get the keynotes up...Filefront keeps cutting the downloads :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.