Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gary1986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
So, I got my work a MacBook about 10 months ago and forgot to get Square Trade. She had a near accident when a student almost knocked a drink on her MacBook. Any suggestions for a warranty that covers accidental damage?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If I'm understanding your post correctly. You cannot get an extended warranty/insurance after its damaged. Its too late.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
So, I got my work a MacBook about 10 months ago and forgot to get Square Trade. She had a near accident when a student almost knocked a drink on her MacBook. Any suggestions for a warranty that covers accidental damage?

Depends where you are these things are different in every country, but the quickest easiest cheapest option is usually to add it as a named item on your home insurance.

Gary1986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
If I'm understanding your post correctly. You cannot get an extended warranty/insurance after its damaged. Its too late.
It isn't damaged yet. She had a near miss yesterday, which prompted me to start searching for one.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Ah I'm in the UK, here it usually works out cheaper and easier to do as I suggested above. I'm afraid I don't know enough about US insurance to advise.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
You want insurance, not a warranty. They are not the same thing.

Check your homeowner's policy, some offer accidental damage for electronics. Else you can probably have it added in for a nominal fee.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.