Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
I wonder what the thin font mean.

It means Apple looked at Google and Microsoft, and decided the flat and simple approach was good ;)

Hopefully they will drop the gloss on OS X, it's getting very tired looking. Altho I dont want flat and bland as it'll be 100% unusable on cheap/old displays with poor contrast.

BlackZ

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2009
Soon we will see this on the http://www.apple.com/osx/ site

42296566.jpg

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
A long dead extinct species.... Could be fitting if you expect OS XI anytime soon.

I'm confused about your signature. What are you trying to say? I'm not making fun or anything, I'm genuinly intrigued. You do want more topics to be taboo on this forum? Or you're being sarcastic saying nothing should be taboo? What does this have to do with theft?

Edit: I suppose this might have been better in a PM....

Zachari

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
Washington, DC
My God, Apple is so unoriginal now. Not only does it stench of Microsoft, the X makes the picture look like it was meant to be crossed out.

You are basing Apples unoriginality on a couple of banners, that are minimal for a REASON (to not disclose information pre-keynote)? You know what's unoriginal, your comment.

Last edited:

parish

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2009
Wilts., UK
Farnsworth: I'm sorry, Fry, but astronomers renamed Uranus in 2620 to end that stupid joke once and for all...
Fry: Oh. What's it called now?
Farnsworth: Urectum.

That reminds me of this:

ship_name.jpg

And yes, it is a real ship, not a Photoshop, although it has since been renamed (but not to Titan Urectum :p )

bad03xtreme

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
Northern, VA
What's the difference? Honest question

A font is the entire family. Take Helvetica Nue for example. Helvetica Neue is the font where Helvetica Neue ultra light is the typeface.

Like when listening to music and you like a specific song on an album, you say great song, not great album.

seanjs

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Duh. It would be a good transition for 10.10 or XI to go full-bore into sea mammals.

Yes but if that were the case it would make more sense to make that the FIRST version of OS 11, not the LAST of OS X. Like I said, I think an extinct cat would be fitting for the last version of OS X.

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
My prediction for WWDC:

I will get absolutely NO work done!

Seriously my boss is away on business and I'm about to leave for vacation. Should I even bother coming into work on Monday :confused:

On topic: I really love this thin font trend (don't care who started it). They look so nice on screen :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.