Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Bars, pubs or Cocktails lounges. Establishments where one can enjoy a drink. Either empty or full of people.
Cheers šŸ»

As always, standard rules apply:
The photographs must be your own work.
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for about a week, starting now
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread herewith the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.
  • Contest ends February 16, 2024, say 9 pm PST
Have fun! And donā€™t drink & drive.

Reactions: Hughmac

Strider64

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
Just about 1Ā½ days left. Was this topic too restrictive?
I am starting to think the same thing. Maybe people don't like taking pictures of place where they eat or drink? I know one thing I am withdrawing if there isn't more entries as I basically was showing one of my Favorite places in Michigan. Maybe extending it little bit?

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
I'll add one...

This is Pont 13. It's a old ferry that was saved from being scrapped and now has a permanent berth in the harbor of Amsterdam (Westelijke Houthaven) that functions as bar/restaurant where you can also rent boats

_MG_2775.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Chuckeee

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
this subject appears to have presented a bit of a challenge, but in the end, I feel weā€™ve had several meaningful and interesting submissions.

@Strider64 image shows a neighborhood watering hole from the prospective as if youā€™re sitting at the table with a friend. A photo that provides a nice casual feel. Although the bright windows in the background tend to overwhelm the image, and thereā€™s a feeling of being slightly off-balance.

@ovbacon provides a nice perspective shot looking down a bar. Seeing the bartender midway down, the image helps provide a story of an establishment that is setting up and getting ready to open for the day. Good lighting and prospective

@_timo_redux_ image shows the exterior of an interesting looking pub. Nice use of color and very even exposure. Provides good documentation of a very photogenic location.

@oblomow image of a man standing at a bar trying to decide what he wants. The depth of focus in this images emphasizes the back of the man while holding the background of the bar slightly out of focus.

@mtbdudex image of a night out While waiting for a band at a club. Subject of the image is a bit crowded, but thatā€™s actually a good thing since adds to the flavor of the image. Mightā€™ve been the lighting, but the color balance seems to be a little bit off, tending towards the red.

3rd Place @mtbdudex
2nd Place @_timo_redux_
1st Place @ovbacon

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
Thank you @Chuckeee... In all honesty, I had kinda forgot to look at the new contest and so came to it pretty late. But I'm glad that in the end there were at least 5 images.

Reactions: mtbdudex

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Going thru images I had onhand this one I was going to use, itā€™s a yakitori place that serves drinks, from one of my many Japan travels.
bcdd04ce4cc55024c650ce2dd92e1c9c.jpg

Iā€™ve done my fair share of drinking in various bars, just not many pictures taken.

Reactions: Chuckeee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.