Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ovbacon

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
This weeks contest is Sports. Feel free to interpret this as you see fit.

As always, standard rules apply:
The photographs must be your own work.
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for about a week, starting now
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.
  • Contest ends February 25, noonish PST

_MG_8788.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hughmac

ovbacon

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
C0ncreteBl0nde: Love the photo which seems to be taken at the perfect moment....the only slight criticism I could give is that the post processing gives a little odd feel to the image but that doesn't take away from the perfect timing.

rx7dude: This photo perfectly shows the speed and intensity of the sport...

Chuckeee: Great shot where my only critique would be that she feels slightly out of focus.

_timo_redux_: Awesome photo and very vibrant.

akash.nu: Nice and crisp image the only criticism here would be that it feels like the couple on the sidewalk draw a lot of attention due to their central position.

Strider64: Great action shot.

oblomow: I really love the feel of the atmosphere in this photo... looking at it you just want to be there I would say a perfect photo if only the two central figures were in a more "action" position.

As always it is hard to choose winners because all are good but since I have to choose.

1st: C0ncreteBl0nde
2nd: _timo_redux_
3rd: oblomow

C0ncreteBl0nde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2023
Rural America
Oh wow...I didn't expect this. I'm not sure that I'm qualified to judge other people's photos. I need to come up with a topic? I've never done this before so please give me a bit to read/figure this out. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Reactions: ovbacon

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Oh wow...I didn't expect this. I'm not sure that I'm qualified to judge other people's photos. I need to come up with a topic? I've never done this before so please give me a bit to read/figure this out. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Congratulations! Great shot.

And you are definitely qualified to judge. ( and remember, everybody that participates in the weekly challenge wants to be judged)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: C0ncreteBl0nde

ovbacon

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
We are all as qualified as you are.... Feel free to ask anyone here if you need some help setting up the new challenge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.