Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
A Hulu.com app--because I believe 90% of the people complaining about the "no Flash" stand are mainly worried about Hulu, and an app would mean 90% less complainers on Macrumors. Then Farmville, to take care of 8 of the remaining 10%.

Don't forget that Hulu means nothing outside the US. It isn't that much of a big deal overall.

In answer to the original question. I would like Settlers to be on a bigger screen, as well as the Guardian App, Classics, Underworlds, Blimp, Civilisation (as well as fix all the other problems it has),

alansmallen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
Don't forget that Hulu means nothing outside the US. It isn't that much of a big deal overall.

In answer to the original question. I would like Settlers to be on a bigger screen, as well as the Guardian App, Classics, Underworlds, Blimp, Civilisation (as well as fix all the other problems it has),

But if you look at the amount of US sales of apple products over the total amount, I think it's probably majority.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
For me, the first App I will load onto my iPad will be:

Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor

Since discovering it late last year, I have found it to be a wonderful use of the touchscreen technology and the most enchanting game I've played in years. I can't wait to spin some webs on the iPad's gigantic touchscreen!

SpiderBryceApple.jpg

Sketh

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
I would like Settlers to be on a bigger screen

I'm right there with you.

Otherwise I'm pretty excited to hear that they're bringing Majesty to the iPad.

Super Monkey Ball
GTA Chinatown Wars
Photoshop
Digsby
Torchlight
AudioSurf
Braid

MikeyTree

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2007
And synth pads, drum pads, guitar effects processors...the list goes on and on. I'm looking forward to all this.
That would be awesome. If I could plug my m-audio fast track into an ipad, and use it to record my guitar with effects, I'd by that program in an instant.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
A Comic book reader (comicreader.mobi or comiczeal)
YES! I can't wait for a comic reader on the iPad. ComicReader.mobi is the best iPhone/iPod comic app, but only for the auto-zoom feature, which wouldn't be needed on the iPad. ComicZeal has a better interface, imo. I would really like to see some sort of good online eComic store... I wonder if iBooks will get comics?

If Dropbox can work their magic again and create a version of the (already brilliant and very useful) iPhone app for iPad which takes advantage of the 'file system' on it then that would be incredibly useful....access literally all your files wherever.....but be able to edit docs, spreadsheets and presentations as well (using iWork...or whatever really if they can access the files).

DropBox is a must, I agree, if it can work with the shared folder area...

TextMate, for when I want to do some coding. :D

I was saying this the other day. TextMate with an integrated FTP client would be really handy for web development work (I figure that the usefulness of non-web based coding would be lower it is unlikely you could compile and test other code on the iPad.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
there isnt a ipad version but i would like to see torchlight 2 on the ipad. it would be really fun.

Davydd

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
Minnesota
This was an old thread revived. After a year most requests seemed to have been granted.

My one request is a version of Google's Sketchup 3D.

EazyWeazy3

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
I want the old school Oregon Trail on the iPad.

Not the one they have for the iPhone, the REAL Oregon Trail that everyone played back in elementary school.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.