Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
dr-ebbetts-archive-series-beatles-at-the-hollywood-bowl-cd-24.gif

the reissue ... this isn't the actual cover... which is a shame. i love this record.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Is this a LP or a CD? My brother had this, oh, years ago (as a LP). I seem to remember that the sound quality wasn't brilliant, although the atmosphere was terrific.

The qualitywas/is bad. It is a little better now. You're correct, you like this one because of the atmosphere. I love this record.

This is a pic of the LP. The Cd, I'm assuming the new CD is going to look like this:

mqGz04WjNbXFtiFX2BPU_sA.jpg

Now release Let It Be on dvd/blu ray plz...

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
The qualitywas/is bad. It is a little better now. You're correct, you like this one because of the atmosphere. I love this record.

This is a pic of the LP. The Cd, I'm assuming the new CD is going to look like this:

mqGz04WjNbXFtiFX2BPU_sA.jpg

Now release Let It Be on dvd/blu ray plz...

Ah, yes, you have confirmed my recollections; if memory serves, precisely because of the poor quality of the sound, my brother ended up selling the album.

Reactions: pachyderm

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Listening to Propaganda - A Secret Wish which iTunes resurfaced last night. One of my favorite ZTT albums. Probably going to start me off on a ZTT binge.

Sigh. Frankie, let's go to Hollywood!

B

Reactions: mojolicious

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Holy smokes, Kraftwerk, Tool, then Animals as Leaders? I am totally down with your vibe, man. :D

Shout out to @cwosigns for Lucious :)
I discovered them by accident; I heard a song in a commercial or at the end of a TV show (Casual?). But their freshman album "Wildewoman" is phenomenal. The title track has a nice whimsical sound.

Reactions: notmach67

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Boatload of Bolt Thrower... utterly gutted that they broke up (they actually did a year ago today when their drummer passed away, but the announcement was made official on this annivesary). My favorite band for 27 years and I was close friends with them in the early 90s. At least the vocalist and original drummer are still making heavy sounds, but still...

My favorite song of theirs and all time favorite metal song too. Haven't stopped playing it since it leveled me in November 1989.

Last edited:
Reactions: notmach67
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.