Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Ah, the inestimable David Bowie. A man who has managed to write astonishingly good music over a very long period of time; ageless, and often sublime. Lovely.

I can't stop humming, "Yes It Is" by the Beatles. Love that harmony

Now, that is a track you don't hear very often; indeed, The Beatles were one of the few groups of the time who frequently produced singles with surprisingly good B-Sides.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....

La Via Della Droga #2 - Goblin. (my all time favorite Goblin track.) I could listen to this for hours on end. I remember when I first watched the Heroin Busters and heard this track. I did not move past the credits sequence until about 45 minutes later.

and that segued into...

Fir Bolg Bow Down to Slough Feg by Hellbastard (23 years later I still love this song, but it is about Slaine and his enemies, so how could I not?)

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Ah, what a wonderful artist and outstanding album.

Great album. One everyone should listen to.

…….

Couldn't agree more…..

Around five years ago, in Tbilisi, Georgia, I had the great good fortune to be able to see and hear Marcus Miller - a gifted protégé of both Miles Davis and Herbie Hancock play live at the Jazz festival. A wonderful evening.

----------

Forgot to add that I absolutely love Philip Glass, and have most of his albums (on CD and my iPod classic, naturally). Great choice…..for an evening (I always think of Philip Glass as an evening, not a morning, composer, as in someone whose music you wish to listen to late of an evening…….) of gloomy yet epic contemplation, I cannot think of better musical company…...

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Ah, what a wonderful artist and outstanding album.

Couldn't agree more…..

Around five years ago, in Tbilisi, Georgia, I had the great good fortune to be able to see and hear Marcus Miller - a gifted protégé of both Miles Davis and Herbie Hancock play live at the Jazz festival. A wonderful evening.

It's an amazing album. I have the luxury to hear these on some Harbeth's and it makes listening to the album that much better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.