Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woozor1

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2015
Uk
UAG monarch im using. Looks awesome.

Also have the speck presidio grip coming will do a photo side by side when both together.

AlpineDad

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
Canada
I have a couple of Spigen cases here waiting for my iPhone 7 plus to arrive on Monday. I am very forgetful when it comes to my phone and I drop my phones a lot so I am waiting for Lifeproof to release their new Fré. I have used Lifeproof cases on all my other iPhones and these things are bullet and waterproof and have saved my phones from many falls.

gissentml

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2010
I ended up getting the Stone Silicone Case after I finished reviewing the UAG cases that were sent to me. I enjoy it more than the leather cases that Apple makes. I usually end up with 2-3 cases for each iPhone that I rotate between. Depends on the situation. I've really never found one case I was comfortable with using the entire time. If you're interested, I did a review of the UAG cases. I'm also going to do one of the Silicone case. If anyone out there is interested in some other cases, let me know and I'll buy and review. I used to get just about every case brand sent to me for review but I took a break from YouTube.

gissentml

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2010
Are any of these cheap amazon cases good? I always get Speck and like those generally.

Most of them are. Speck cases have come along way. They're cushioning inside it what really makes them special. Aesthetically I just don't like them as much as others. Cheap amazon cases are good alternatives but I would only get one if I was looking for minimal protection and wanted to keep the look of the iPhone.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Anybody have the Evo Elite by Tech21 for the 7 Plus? Looking to grab one, but hate how Apple only has the Rose Gold in stock.

I have the Tech21 Evo Tactical, and for the first time in several years, I can say this case is terrible. The fit and finish and textures compared to last years is awful... Photos to follow.
[doublepost=1475465974][/doublepost]So here you go, photos of the Tech21 Evo Tactical case. I pre ordered this, as I was using the Classic Tactical for years on several different iPhones. This is the FIRST time I have been this disappointed. It feels rushed out, cheaper material, and it's clear they didn't have the 7Plus in hand when they made these. Pictures will show you, fit and finish is horrible, and what I expect when I by a $8 dollar case on Amazon, and not a $40 Tech21 case.
IMG_0335.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG
IMG_0332.JPG

Reactions: willmtaylor

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I have the Tech21 Evo Tactical, and for the first time in several years, I can say this case is terrible. The fit and finish and textures compared to last years is awful... Photos to follow.
[doublepost=1475465974][/doublepost]So here you go, photos of the Tech21 Evo Tactical case. I pre ordered this, as I was using the Classic Tactical for years on several different iPhones. This is the FIRST time I have been this disappointed. It feels rushed out, cheaper material, and it's clear they didn't have the 7Plus in hand when they made these. Pictures will show you, fit and finish is horrible, and what I expect when I by a $8 dollar case on Amazon, and not a $40 Tech21 case.
View attachment 662327 View attachment 662328 View attachment 662329 View attachment 662330

That's horrible. Unacceptable. I'd send it back.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
View attachment 662327 View attachment 662328 View attachment 662329 View attachment 662330
Good grief, that's awful. Was it purchased from Apple or through some shady "fulfilled by Amazon" outfit?

kingofkings11

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2016
Can anyone reccommend a case that has an indent on the back (inside) for the magnet part of a car mount? I know spigen has had this feature on some cases in the past but havent seen anything for the iPhone 7 Plus.

Im really into the UAG monarch case - for anyone who has that do you think I could stick a car mount magnet on the inside and not have any issues getting the phone in there?

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Can anyone reccommend a case that has an indent on the back (inside) for the magnet part of a car mount? I know spigen has had this feature on some cases in the past but havent seen anything for the iPhone 7 Plus.

Im really into the UAG monarch case - for anyone who has that do you think I could stick a car mount magnet on the inside and not have any issues getting the phone in there?

This (LINK) is the Spigen model that has it. Currently not available, but will be in just a few days.

There are some cases with a magnetic plate already built in like this Mophie case (LINK).

Reactions: kingofkings11

tallazzPilipino

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2015
got that nomadic lifestyle

the Spigen Thin Fit I ordered has it. I really like that case on my 7 that I just had to have it for my 7 Plus. I'm just waiting for it to be available from Spigen. also, if you order from eBay (Seller: Spigen), it's around half the price than what Spigen (fulfilled by Amazon) sells for on Amazon.

I also ordered a similar case to the Thin Fit that has a more fuller coverage especially around the camera. but I don't think it has the space for the magnetic plate.

kingofkings11

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2016
the Spigen Thin Fit I ordered has it. I really like that case on my 7 that I just had to have it for my 7 Plus. I'm just waiting for it to be available from Spigen. also, if you order from eBay (Seller: Spigen), it's around half the price than what Spigen (fulfilled by Amazon) sells for on Amazon.

I also ordered a similar case to the Thin Fit that has a more fuller coverage especially around the camera. but I don't think it has the space for the magnetic plate.

Thats my problem - it seems like the thin fit is the only one with this space but it doesnt provide full coverage...

philliez98

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
Southeastern PA
can you comment on the thickness of the Tech21 vs the Speck Presidio?

i too picked up the Tech21 because essentially that was available. i think it's bulky, but haven't had the same issue of scuffs yet with mine. i also am not a fan of the buttons. the only thing i can say about it is it does seem like it would protect them phone well if dropped and the material has a nice grippy feel.
[doublepost=1475100855][/doublepost]

so which is your favorite? can you comment on whether the Presidio Grip or Tech21 are the same thickness or is one thicker than the other? perhaps a photo of the next to each other lying on a table? thanks!

I like the tech21 as it shows off the matte black better. In terms of protection, specks fits well and as the name implies, has a nice grip. Here's a couple more pictures...

Also just applied a dbrand orange skin that looks awesome with the matte black.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 618
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 489
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 487
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 457
Reactions: jianrong

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Good grief, that's awful. Was it purchased from Apple or through some shady "fulfilled by Amazon" outfit?

I purchased it DIRECTLY from the official Tech21 website! It came from them. I have sent in a support claim with these photos. My guess, they made these by specs, and didn't have the phone in hand yet. I'm willing to bet in a couple of months, a perfect version will be available. By then, I'll have found something else, sadly.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I purchased it DIRECTLY from the official Tech21 website! It came from them. I have sent in a support claim with these photos. My guess, they made these by specs, and didn't have the phone in hand yet. I'm willing to bet in a couple of months, a perfect version will be available. By then, I'll have found something else, sadly.
Wow. Truly awful. I hope they get everything sorted for you.

Reactions: HickDead
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.