Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B777Forevar

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2011
Chicago, IL
All in my pocket.
e434701335e7966ef851698e6e3362d1.png

Oyobiia

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2008
wallet.png

That's practically my bag for most the day. Unless it's a day off, then it's minus the cuffs and baton.

MaciSlip

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
California
The essentials to carry in L.A.

I carry the essentials for the L.A. scene.
1. Wallet with cards and cash, & usually 50 to 75 cents change.
2. Keys
3. iPhone with solar charger, MySun
4. iPad with the iSlip screen cleaner attached.
5. Glasses, because I must read.
6. Hat
7. Oakley sunglasses, local company.
8. Swiss Army Knife, Victorinox.

I'm set for the days adventures in the City.:cool:

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
This.
First pic in my pockets.
Second in my trunk, and third under my front seat. For self defense and if I get the urge to go plinking at the river. :D

Attachments

• CIMG0903.JPG
    CIMG0903.JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 177
  • photo_795.jpg
    photo_795.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 121
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 5,759

Rockatteer

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008

Cosmo M3

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
1.) Car Keys
2.) BlackBerry Bold 9700
3.) Wallet
4.) Benchmade/HK "Ally" Knife*
5.) HK USP .40 Compact LEM in Comp-Tac MTAC Holster*

*Off work/Weekend Wear

Pathfinder3

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2010
Okinawa, JP
This is what I carry everyday in my uniform:

Cell in my lower right leg pocket
nexus-s-345x600.jpg

Knife in my front left pocket
9051sbk.jpg

Wallet and pen in my front right pocket
opplanet-bhi-id-credit-card-holder-black.png

montblanc_149.jpg

a watch on my right wrist
prg_80yt_1v-big1.jpg

and a tourniquet in my right sleeve pocket (mandatory)
30-0001_a.jpg

Pathfinder3

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2010
Okinawa, JP
I carry the pain of the world.

And I carry it on my shoulders

LOL, by chance you don't wait around for the Police Commissioner to shine a bright light in the sky and have to don a cape and cowl?

or

enter professional boxing matches against fellows like Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang, and Ivan Drago?

or

play for the Chicago Bulls contributing 40+ points every game?

bdodds1985

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2011
Tartarus
everyday military pack

5.11 rush 24. just sold my OD Green rush 72 for this one (does not include attachments) my tactical backpack holds everything. more detailed pics to come soon.:cool:

miamijim

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2010
No, you have to be licensed, and some people (minors, convicted felons, etc.) aren't able to become licensed.

THis is from one of the above posts and it just struck me that although a civic minded person has to have a license to carry a gun and convicted felons are not allowed to carry a gun, how will this stop them doing so, they are by your own admission convicted felons, what is stopping a criminal from being a criminal and carrying a gun which is unlicensed. In fact I am willing to bet that 90% of all criminal acts involving guns are with unlicensed firearms, in that sense the gun laws in your country are not worth the paper they are written on.

Plus the people who carry knives... Why?

Do you feel the need to have protection?

Is your city or town that unsafe?

If so do you feel that society as a whole has let you down by failing to curtail the actions of the criminals in your area?

Or do you feel big carrying a weapon yourself?

Carrying a knife in the UK, will get you a suspended sentence at the very least if you are stopped and searched and are found to be carrying it.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
Carrying a knife in the UK, will get you a suspended sentence at the very least if you are stopped and searched and are found to be carrying it.

Not strictly true: you may carry a knife with a blade length of 3.0" or less so long as it is capable of folding, or a longer knife if you have "reasonable cause" (e.g. you need it for your job).

SuperJudge

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2008
The Triangle, NC

If so do you feel that society as a whole has let you down by failing to curtail the actions of the criminals in your area?

If I'm using my pocket-knife for protection, then something has gone horribly, horribly wrong. Knife fighting is nasty stuff and I'd rather be in a gun fight than a knife fight. In a gun fight, there's a pretty good chance I won't get shot. In a knife fight, you will get cut up and I don't like seeing my own blood that much. :p

I carry a pocket-knife because it's a useful tool that I find I have need for several times a day, at least. It's also part of the culture in my part of the US. A good Southern boy (or girl, for that matter) always has a pocket knife and a clean handkerchief. You know, stuff you can use.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
If I'm using my pocket-knife for protection, then something has gone horribly, horribly wrong. Knife fighting is nasty stuff and I'd rather be in a gun fight than a knife fight. In a gun fight, there's a pretty good chance I won't get shot. In a knife fight, you will get cut up and I don't like seeing my own blood that much. :p

I carry a pocket-knife because it's a useful tool that I find I have need for several times a day, at least. It's also part of the culture in my part of the US. A good Southern boy (or girl, for that matter) always has a pocket knife and a clean handkerchief. You know, stuff you can use.
I live in the Pacific Northwest now. At my wedding someone needed to open something and said "does anyone have a knife?" and every man there pulled one out. It's American West culture.

I have a lock-back in my truck in case I ever have to cut the seatbelt.

Dale

bdodds1985

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2011
Tartarus
No, you have to be licensed, and some people (minors, convicted felons, etc.) aren't able to become licensed.

THis is from one of the above posts and it just struck me that although a civic minded person has to have a license to carry a gun and convicted felons are not allowed to carry a gun, how will this stop them doing so, they are by your own admission convicted felons, what is stopping a criminal from being a criminal and carrying a gun which is unlicensed. In fact I am willing to bet that 90% of all criminal acts involving guns are with unlicensed firearms, in that sense the gun laws in your country are not worth the paper they are written on.

is this "post what you have in your bag" or a political debate on how much no one cares that you dont support the NRA? start another thread

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.