Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Hi, I have the attached font from the symbol for The Killers, and was wondering if anyone can narrow it down closer than Dax? (Dax's "E" isn't curved up like this one, and also its "E" does not connect with itself, like with Dax. thanks! jonathan

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 4,154
L

Lau

Mr_Brightside_@ said:
Hi, I have the attached font from the symbol for The Killers, and was wondering if anyone can narrow it down closer than Dax? (Dax's "E" isn't curved up like this one, and also its "E" does not connect with itself, like with Dax. thanks! jonathan

I thought Dax was more elongated than that, but I could well be wrong. One thing to bear in mind is that if you find a font that looks identical apart from the tilted 'e' and it not connecting, it's quite possible that they just altered that font in Illustrator or similar to have a tilted e that doesn't connect, especially if it's a one off bit of text or a logo as you say it is.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Lau said:
I thought Dax was more elongated than that, but I could well be wrong. One thing to bear in mind is that if you find a font that looks identical apart from the tilted 'e' and it not connecting, it's quite possible that they just altered that font in Illustrator or similar to have a tilted e that doesn't connect, especially if it's a one off bit of text or a logo as you say it is.
Well, I'm happy enough with Dax- I want to print a custom shirt- now, the problem is getting ahold of thei $40 font...
cheers

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Okay, here is the clone from Themeworld, run through Fontographer to rewrite the table that Font Book doesn't like. See how that works out.

Attachments

• Bauhaus.suit.zip
    29.4 KB · Views: 683

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
iMeowbot said:
Okay, here is the clone from Themeworld, run through Fontographer to rewrite the table that Font Book doesn't like. See how that works out.
Thank you very much! The attached is what I'm putting on a shirt... cheers

Attachments

• Picture 1.pdf
    5 KB · Views: 852
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.