Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C0ncreteBl0nde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2023
Rural America
Mrs pachyderm is out of town... lol soo... movie time...

MV5BNTMzNjE4NjE2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTc1NjE4NTM@._V1_.jpg
So which one did you like the most? The least?

Went on a Spade bender...
61+zsef6OdL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

61uQFawgzgL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

MV5BYjE2MjIwMmYtM2ZiMy00MzdmLTkyNTYtNmFiNjM5MDJhMGVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_.jpg

The Judge was the best of the lot :apple::apple::apple:.5

The Silencing :apple::apple:.5

Reactions: Huntn

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Rebel Moon: Part Two, also a Netflix movie.

Very similar to Part 1 but not as good. Even more blatant “appropriation” from Star Wars and Seven Samurai. And even though it is Science Fiction, the logic of many plot points seem forced and don’t make sense. And surprise surprise, the end sets up for yet another sequel.

Overall if you REALLY like Part 1 you would probably tolerate Part 2, otherwise skip it.
IMG_7091.jpeg

Last edited:

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

Very similar to Part 1 but not as good. Even move blatant “appropriation” from Star Wars and Seven Samurai. And even though it is Science Fiction the logic of many plot points seem forced and don’t make sense. And surprise surprise, the end sets up for yet another sequel.

Overall if you REALLY like Part 1 you would probably tolerate Part 2, otherwise skip it.
View attachment 2377254

Since I already saw part I, my OCD demands I finish it and see part II :D

• Haha
Reactions: VulchR and Queen6

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
Saw Dune 2. I was never a Dune fan, but it was done well. I guess there is going to be a Dune 3, per reports.

It wasn't too bad, but then Dune is a really hard story to tell visually. What put me off was the much-vaunted Zendaya who seemed to be doing a good job of acting the petulant teenager. It just got tiring after a while.

Reactions: th0masp

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
It wasn't too bad, but then Dune is a really hard story to tell visually. What put me off was the much-vaunted Zendaya who seemed to be doing a good job of acting the petulant teenager. It just got tiring after a while.

She's a good actress, but she seemed kind of whiny and mopey for a warrior.

Reactions: pachyderm

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
I rewatched The Big Sleep with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall because I’ve been watching Sugar and wanted to get refreshed. Wow. What a great movie. It feels like there is nothing extra. Every frame of film contributes to the story.

I rented it on Apple TV+. I don’t know where it came from but it was very nicely restored. A beautiful print. Listening with AirPods Max I was totally immersed in the movie.
One of my ALL TIME FAVORITES!

Sugar was good.

oldBCguy

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2021
Burnaby, BC, Canada
... we watched 'Moonstruck' yesterday .. our first repeat viewing of this 1987 romantic comedy in a good, long while. Cher, a very young Nicolas Cage, and such wonderful support from some older movie greats. And music from Puccini's La Boheme to tear at a few heart strings. Wow, it still worked for us, and was much-enjoyed once again.

unnamed-3.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
I finally got my hot little hands on Phil Tippetts 33 year long stop-motion project, the surrealist dystopian subterranean nightmare Mad God. I’m going to alligator clip my eyelids back to my forehead tonight clockwork orange style to make sure I don’t miss a single perfectly composed frame of this moving 3D painting.

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
I finally got my hot little hands on Phil Tippetts 33 year long stop-motion project, the surrealist dystopian subterranean nightmare Mad God. I’m going to alligator clip my eyelids back to my forehead tonight clockwork orange style to make sure I don’t miss a single perfectly composed frame of this moving 3D painting.

I'm in!

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
Watch the film (A Few Good Men). Sexism permeates the film, directed at Demi Moore's character. The details would be NSFW. It spoils the film for me now.

I know this is about films, but re-reading any Heinlein stories reveals how chauvinist he was.

OTOH, watched Jurassic World Dominion again the other night and was pleased at the lack of screaming females, and in the building up on a pole, how everybody got involved in deterring the large, nasty, bitey dinosaur who finally got its comeuppance.

Reactions: VulchR and Chuckeee

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Watched it in the theater. Personally, I found Afterlife much better. Frozen Empire has many, many faults that completely surprised me (in a bad way). Too many “main characters”, the side “ghost friend” story was just stupid, the end resolution doesn’t make sense, and the teenager that knows how to do everything for the sake of knowing everything is just an overused trope that if I see again I might go postal. On top of that, the original cast barely has any impact on the plot and movie.

They were clearly trying to set up for spinoffs (girl, lab, family, ghost world) to squeeze the IP, but considering how badly frozen empire bombed I am pretty sure that this is the last “Ghostbusters” for a while if not forever. What a pity.

Last edited:

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

Very similar to Part 1 but not as good. Even more blatant “appropriation” from Star Wars and Seven Samurai. And even though it is Science Fiction, the logic of many plot points seem forced and don’t make sense. And surprise surprise, the end sets up for yet another sequel.

View attachment 2377254

Since I already saw part I, my OCD demands I finish it and see part II :D

Lord... I want my time and energy back. I am the same, I watched part one... and well I cannot not see part two. This series is so bad it is laughable.

There are posts online about him wanting to making this a six part movie... Lordy!

Watched "The Iron Claw"... Wasn't bad, wasn't great. I feel for the family though. To have that much happen.

largeposter.jpg

Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.