Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ljx718

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2008
znjv9y.jpg

For those wanting to see the Skinny 3

could you please take more shots?

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Waiting for Speck to release new iPad folio cases but am getting impatient! I'm using my Toblino Colorwave 2 from iPad 2 in interim. It's a bit tight and magnets do not work but it will do until Specks are ready...:(

Greenthorn

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2012
Targus is replacing defective Targus Versavu cases for free, and you get to keep your defective one. They said it will be about 6 weeks before they ship, but it will be a tested screen locking case. I called them and only had to send a scan/fax of my receipt.

This is from their website on the support page:

new iPad Cases:Targus is committed to keeping your new iPad protected. If you're having an issue with your case for the new iPad, please contact our customer service team and they will be happy to send you a tested replacement case or in some situations another model, if preferred. No need to return the case you have to us. For more information please call 1-877-482-7487 or email us at (visit website for actual link). We appreciate your business and will do whatever it takes to fix the issue.​

alexxn

macrumors regular
May 14, 2009
S. Fla
I just picked up a Belkin Cinema Leather Folio case and the sleep function works just fine, I brought my Ipad to the store to test before I actually bought it ;)

Love the fit and feel of this case....

clborden

macrumors regular
May 12, 2009
Derby, CT
Me too and I agree, they are the best! I ordered the Lake/Meadow case from their new Spring/Summer collection.

Nice...I ordered the Granite/Poppy one from the same collection. Do you know how long they usually take to ship their products? I was curious because I didn't get a shipping notification. Either way, their cases look awesome.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I'm done - got what I need for all my situations:

icarbon to cover back
Targus Slim for general business/job site use
Maroo Roto II for business travel
Poly smartcover and feather (or Zum) back for personal use...

all work the magnet fine and fit perfectly...

Last edited:

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Nice...I ordered the Granite/Poppy one from the same collection. Do you know how long they usually take to ship their products? I was curious because I didn't get a shipping notification. Either way, their cases look awesome.

They usually take 1-3 business days after the order is placed. I'm assuming you've added a monogram to your case? If so, it will take a few days longer to ship. I suggest contacting them via thenest@dodocase.com

Bisz

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
ON, Canada
Yesterday I ordered a dark brown leather back skin from ********** dot net and a green Smart Case from Waterfield. Really looking forward to this combo for the new iPad. On my original iPad I have a black leather back skin and for travel I use the Hard Candy non-bubble zip case.

manchali

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2012
Anyone know of a good, non-expensive sleeve that I could store iPad with Smart Cover and Incipio Smart Feather.

http://www.targus.com/uk/product_details.asp?sku=TSS178EU
Targusss A7 - I picked one up at TJMaxx for 9.99, also spotted at Marshall's.

I was able to put new iPad inserted into Targus Basic (Folio style) cover inside this case comfortably. iPad 2 in Speck Pixelskin HD also fits easily inside this sleeve. I like the thick padding.

b06tmm

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2009
South Louisiana
Targus is replacing defective Targus Versavu cases for free, and you get to keep your defective one. They said it will be about 6 weeks before they ship, but it will be a tested screen locking case. I called them and only had to send a scan/fax of my receipt.

This is from their website on the support page:

new iPad Cases:Targus is committed to keeping your new iPad protected. If you're having an issue with your case for the new iPad, please contact our customer service team and they will be happy to send you a tested replacement case or in some situations another model, if preferred. No need to return the case you have to us. For more information please call 1-877-482-7487 or email us at (visit website for actual link). We appreciate your business and will do whatever it takes to fix the issue.​

Thank you for this Greenthorn, I love the Versavue case and don't really mind pressing the sleep button manually when I close the thing. I just wish it would "snap" closed like the regular cover.

BTW - this is my first iPad.

Tim

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
Just got this yesterday in anticipation of getting the new IPad. It was only £3 shipped from Amazon and it's good quality. It's my first IPad so I'm not spending a ton on accessories until i know what i want for it!

g9EUN.jpg
KTl1O.jpg

For the price, that looks quite stunning. Simple and functional, just the way he liked it.;)

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I am thinking of getting either:

1) Chinao Wheat

2) Maroo case

3) Yoobao executive leather

The yoobao and chinao above are supposed to be new revised versions that aren't out yet. Anything to keep in mind about previous versions good or bad? I like the Maroo line designs but don't really dig the pointy corners and how it seems kind of bulky.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
I am thinking of getting either:

1) Chinao Wheat

2) Maroo case

3) Yoobao executive leather

The yoobao and chinao above are supposed to be new revised versions that aren't out yet. Anything to keep in mind about previous versions good or bad? I like the Maroo line designs but don't really dig the pointy corners and how it seems kind of bulky.

I had the Chinao wheat and the Yoobao folio case in red for my iPad 2. They lasted incredibly well over the past year. I will probably order one or the other for my new iPad, I just want to see some of the reviews for the new Yoobao colors first. I really like their slim form factor, and the protection they provide.

Last edited:

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I had the Chinao wheat and the Yoobao folio case in red for my iPad 2. They lasted incredibly well over the past year. I will probably order one or the other for my new iPad, I just want to see some of the reviews for the new Yoobao colors first. I really like their slim form factor, and the protection the provide.

Agreed the other question for me is go either with the islim or the yoobao executive:confused::eek:

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
Agreed the other question for me is go either with the islim or the yoobao executive:confused::eek:

It depends on your needs. I have to go for the Executive because of the extra protection it offers. I need that for travelling. I am always afraid of the ipad popping out in case of an accident, with the no-bezel design. I'll use that form factor when I am home. What I like about the Yoobao executive, is that it covers just enough of the iPad bezel, without hiding the whole thing, so my white iPad is still visible.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
It depends on your needs. I have to go for the Executive because of the extra protection it offers. I need that for travelling. I am always afraid of the ipad popping out in case of an accident, with the no-bezel design. I'll use that form factor when I am home. What I like about the Yoobao executive, is that it covers just enough of the iPad bezel, without hiding the whole thing, so my white iPad is still visible.

That's true have to agree -- so in comparison the yoobao exec vs chinao wheat what are the differences?

I'm seeing the chinao has a built in flush clip on the back, it seems a softer microfiber front face that the iPad slides into, and also has what looks like a thicker overall leather maybe that's why the higher price difference. I think it'll come down between these 2 for me the wheat looks so sweet would look especially good on my white iPad. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.