Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Got this by Case Mate: http://www.case-mate.com/The-new-iPad-Cases-iPad-3/Case-Mate-The-new-iPad-Textured-Tuxedo-Case.asp

Coupon code: CM10-AK20 to knock off 20%.

I like that it doesn't have any holsters or clasps of any kind. The iPad kind of just exists there. And it's the thinnest case I could find.

Here's a video review of the iPad 2 version, which is more or less the same: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heVqCXxeBZE The adhesive looks very secure and safe for the iPad.

Is it easy to remove the ipad from the case? Meaning, if that adhesive is strong enough to keep the iPad secure, how exactly are we supposed to remove it? Does it damage the black apple logo on the back?

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
That's the one I got, but the sleep/wake didn't work. I really liked the case, so I carefully cut through a few of the stitches and reversed the magnet. Then it only worked if I applied enough pressure to the cover to activate the sensor. Then I removed the magnet, enlarged the area where the magnet was and inserted a larger magnet from an old refrigerator magnet. I glued the felt back in place and used some white thread with the existing stitching holes to complete the finished look. Now it works like it should and looks like it did. This is a very nice case.

Mine works great! Maybe you should swap it out for another if you got it local. Got mine at Best Buy. Loving this case so far

MVPinFLA

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Boynton Beach, FL
Yoobao Ececutive Leather Case

I just got a Yoobao Executive leather case for my new iPad. It is made for the 2; but fits the new one perfectly. I really like this case.

Sterne

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2010
Maroo Kumara in hand and Portenzo 23 1/2 on order. I have both Dodo and Portenzo cases for my original iPad and the Portenzo is both better designed and better made.

cra1g0s

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2012
Maroo Kumara in hand and Portenzo 23 1/2 on order. I have both Dodo and Portenzo cases for my original iPad and the Portenzo is both better designed and better made.

How's the Maroo Kumara - is the finer leather worth the extra over the Moko?

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
How's the Maroo Kumara - is the finer leather worth the extra over the Moko?

I'm interested to know as well for later on down the road as I was really looking at the Kumara but got the Moko and the leather on the Moko is very nice so I'm curious on just how much nicer the Kumara is.

Lunchb0x8

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Quirindi, NSW, AU
znjv9y.jpg

For those wanting to see the Skinny 3

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
I just ordered the Incipio Smarth Feather in black...funny because I don't even own an iPad yet! I'll be buying that, in black, along with a black leather Apple Smart Cover on Saturday...so I'll be all good to go.

I really like a bit of the aluminium showing on the sides, and primarily wanted a way of being able to set the thing down on a surface and not risk scratching the back of the device. I think it's going to look great in all that black.

I'll may have any empty iPad case before I actually have an iPad!

Now I just have to find a suitable smallish messenger bag to safely put it inconspicuously into when I want to haul it around with me for the day.

Trj

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2010
I got it for 50% off plus an extra 20 because I'm an employee. Totally worth it. Plus it's my fav brand

Matches a wallet I "splurged" on, a wallet that still looks new after 4 years because of the quality....very jealous.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
Anyone ordered the Joy factory SmartSuit 3? I have ordered the black case, will be shipped soon:
CSA103%28a%29.jpg

http://www.thejoyfactory.com/product/csa103

It has a hard- shell rear, and apple-like front cover.

I will also have the Yoobae folio. I have had this case for all my ipads (1,2 &3), and use it a lot when I am travelling. It's well made, light, very slim profile, and inexpensive.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Anyone ordered the Joy factory SmartSuit 3? I have ordered the black case, will be shipped soon:

http://www.thejoyfactory.com/product/csa103

It has a hard- shell rear, and apple-like front cover.

I will also have the Yoobae folio. I have had this case for all my ipads (1,2 &3), and use it a lot when I am travelling. It's well made, light, very slim profile, and inexpensive.

This looks fantastic. I only wish they offered more colors.
When you receive it, can you put up impressions and pics, if possible?

TheSnugg1

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2012
The Snugg iPad3 case! It has the wake/sleep function and all the slots for your credit card! :D

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
This looks fantastic. I only wish they offered more colors.
When you receive it, can you put up impressions and pics, if possible?

Will do. I really like how the cover has the 4 fold sections, like the Apple case. This is great for stability when folded. Many 3rd party cases only have 3 folds, and can be quite unstable because of this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.