Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iphone 6 are you planning on getting?

• 4.7 gold

Votes: 44 7.6%
  • 4.7 silver

Votes: 67 11.6%
  • 4.7 space gray

Votes: 182 31.5%
  • 5.5 gold

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • 5.5 silver

Votes: 40 6.9%
  • 5.5 space gray

Votes: 100 17.3%
  • Still Undecided, waiting after release

Votes: 83 14.4%
  • Not buying

Votes: 30 5.2%

• Total voters

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Those pics don't look very appealing. However based on previous iPhones I would get the gold. I had the gold 5S and liked the look of that. I have a gold S5 now so must like the gold! I'm sure the real iPhone 6 will look nice.

As for size, I don't know yet. I've used galaxy notes in the past and like the bigger size. However at the moment I'm using the S5 and appreciate the smaller size.

It's between the note 4 and the iPhone 6 for me.

Capacity will be the biggest they offer so 64GB or hopefully even 128GB!

Last edited:

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
What size and color iPhone 6 are you getting?

All my iPhones have been Silver and I think it'll stay that way. I'm not sure about the size though, but I'm leaning more towards a 4.7" iPhone rather than a 5.5". I have small hands and I don't think the size will be comfortable for me to hold especially with one hand. And 32 GB like always.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I currently have a Space Grey 5s.

I will be getting a gold iPhone 6. Still undecided about size. 5.5 seems a little big for me but if it has exclusive features I may have to consider it.

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
I currently have a Space Grey 5s.

I will be getting a gold iPhone 6. Still undecided about size. 5.5 seems a little big for me but if it has exclusive features I may have to consider it.

I agree. I'm getting the 6, just still not sure about the size. If they announce them simultaneously, but release the 5.5" "later," then I may consider waiting, if it has premium features.

I think consumers would be livid if Apple announces/releases just the 4.7" in September, and then holds a special event a few months later and announces/releases the 5.5". Not sure if Apple would make that kind of a move, but who knows.

fatalle

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2011
I had a gold 5S in my hands a few days ago and found it very nice. Even for a guy, it surprised me.

Teddysjam

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2014
I'm getting the 4.7 undecided on color I have gold 5s now I have a luvvitt clear case on it wanted to show off the gold color. But cases are limited for showing that off so I'll probably just get the grey or something. After coming from Note 2 it took awhile to get use to the 4" screen but I'm very comfortable with it 5.5" just seems to much for me now. So I'll be satisfied with the 4.7" screen.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I agree. I'm getting the 6, just still not sure about the size. If they announce them simultaneously, but release the 5.5" "later," then I may consider waiting, if it has premium features.

I think consumers would be livid if Apple announces/releases just the 4.7" in September, and then holds a special event a few months later and announces/releases the 5.5". Not sure if Apple would make that kind of a move, but who knows.

I may wait but the additional features would have to be good. I had been set on the 4.7 but now I am just going to wait until the announcement to decide.

I agree about the announcement. It would really anger some users if they released the 4.7 and then announced the 5.5 soon after, and Apple knows that. I think they will announce them together (whether they release them together or separate) or leave the 5.5 out until next year. Then again I could be wrong.

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014

I may wait but the additional features would have to be good. I had been set on the 4.7 but now I am just going to wait until the announcement to decide.

I agree about the announcement. It would really anger some users if they released the 4.7 and then announced the 5.5 soon after, and Apple knows that. I think they will announce them together (whether they release them together or separate) or leave the 5.5 out until next year. Then again I could be wrong.

Yeah, like a better camera, larger battery, etc.

I've used 4.7" devices before, and they definitely feel good in the hand, while offering a good amount of screen real estate. However, for some reason, I really want to see what a 5.5" iPhone would be like. I guess I've got the mantra "bigger is better" brainwashed into me.

Absolutely. I'm hoping they release the 5.5" next year to make the decision easier on the consumer. If they offer the same features for different screen sizes, I feel like the consumer will have a harder time deciding between the two. There should be a differentiating factor(s) that separate the two. But I guess that didn't stop Apple from releasing the iPad Air and iPad mini with retina display.

It'd make sense for Apple to leave the larger screen size for the "s" model. But that's just my opinion on it all. Either way I'll be getting the 6!

Chrsanthny5

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2013
first, state what you have now and then select what iphone 6 are you getting (assuming these were the ones coming out) :cool:

----------

Me: 5s gold... cannot decide if i should get ip6 gold again. :cool:
the tops and bottoms make the phones look so ugly. They should just remove the gold/silver/grey strips

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012

the tops and bottoms make the phones look so ugly. They should just remove the gold/silver/grey strips

I'm pretty sure the *real* iPhone 6 won't look like that. The design is just not "Apple".

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I'm pretty sure the *real* iPhone 6 won't look like that. The design is just not "Apple".

if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it is a duck...

all the leaks have led to a strip.. it's the antenna band and the phone needs it for functionality. do I like it? probably not the best feature, but if it serves its purpose, id rather have an "ugly" strip rather than a nice looking phone with bad reception.

people complain too much these days anyways, you can never satisfy. jus sayin.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
all the leaks have led to a strip.. it's the antenna band and the phone needs it for functionality. do I like it? probably not the best feature, but if it serves its purpose, id rather have an "ugly" strip rather than a nice looking phone with bad reception.

I'm very certain the iPhone 6 won't have antenna bands like the one in your initial post.

This is a more realistic mockup ...

e44e9ca5619a23d0324fb1e0ae4b7916.jpg

Yanni

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
Athens
I m a huge iphone white/silver fan, but with 6 i ll stick up with matte black/gold. Somehow i dont like the silver one! :D

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I'm very certain the iPhone 6 won't have antenna bands like the one in your initial post.

This is a more realistic mockup ...

This is how I hope it looks. I don't like the look of the bands much. The glass sections are much more aesthetically pleasing in my opinion. Although it does kind of look like someone squished the 5s.

Either way, Apple:
acb.jpg

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
I want black..but a truly "black" iPhone. A truly black iPhone 6 would look sleeker and have that stealth fighter look that I love that the boring space gray doesn't offer. If Apple stays with the space gray I will be getting the white/silver combo. I want the 4.7"

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I currently have a 64 GB gold and am considering getting a silver 6, whatever the largest capacity may be, and probably whatever the largest size available is. I may wait for the 5.5 if it's not a massive delay, but I'm OK with the 4.7 if it is.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
Current: Gold 32gb 5s

Will buy: Black 32gb 6

I've always had black iPhones, because they're more businesslike, but I went from a black 5 to a gold 5s...and I kind of regret it. The black or even white look a lot better in hindsight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.