Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iphone 6 are you planning on getting?

• 4.7 gold

Votes: 44 7.6%
  • 4.7 silver

Votes: 67 11.6%
  • 4.7 space gray

Votes: 182 31.5%
  • 5.5 gold

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • 5.5 silver

Votes: 40 6.9%
  • 5.5 space gray

Votes: 100 17.3%
  • Still Undecided, waiting after release

Votes: 83 14.4%
  • Not buying

Votes: 30 5.2%

• Total voters

TRJMacNoob

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2014
Will wait to see the cost! Haven't upgraded for 2 years and on cheap O2 plan, can only imagine what the tariff will be for the 6! :eek:

dvoros

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
colors

Its too bad that a pure white was not available. I had this for one of my phones and I thought it looked sharp. My next choice would be gold as that is what I have now and I like it.:cool:

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Its too bad that a pure white was not available. I had this for one of my phones and I thought it looked sharp. My next choice would be gold as that is what I have now and I like it.:cool:

pure white was only released on the 4/4s era. 5/5s introduced the two tones. i guess we're sticking with the two tones for now

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
I was pretty set on silver, but now I'm thinking about gold. I have only had black/carbon iPhones thus far. I'm not totally sold on how light the antenna lines look against the gold, but who knows if those will even be there...

Last edited:

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I love the gold it's just I'm kinda tired if the white face... But I love the gold

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
5.5" space grey w/ highest possible storage for me.

I'm still not convinced there will be a 5.5" though. I won't be heartbroken if there isn't, that's a big ass phone and I already feel like I'll be embarrassed to be seen with it.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009

I'm still not convinced there will be a 5.5" though. I won't be heartbroken if there isn't, that's a big ass phone and I already feel like I'll be embarrassed to be seen with it.

I could handle the embarrassment. :D

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA

I will be heartbroken if the following happens:

Apple announces only the 4.7" phone
I buy said phone
A few months later Apple announces the 5.5" phone citing supply chain constraints as the reason it wasn;t announced initially

Ok, so I wouldn't be heartbroken, but if there IS a 5.5", even if it's launching later, I would like to know, so that I may just wait for it. If there isn't to be one, an 4.7" will do.

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
i have been chose black since iphone 3

blck is perfect for men

I still haven't figured out why "black is perfect for men" and why people still feel the need to post about it.

As for me I have the Gold 5s and will probably go with the gold or black/space grey 4.7 64gb...then again I always give white a second thought too.

It's going to be a long few weeks!

Last edited:

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
What size and color iPhone 6 are you getting?

I was pretty certain I wanted silver as I've always bought silver when it comes to iPhone but I'm not sure anymore. Space gray or silver now. I'll know for sure on Sept. 9.

HishamAkhtar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2011
The size is the main issue - I have a feeling the 4.7 will be underpowered significantly compared to the 5.5.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I have absolutely no idea - the size will come down to what features each one gets (and if there even is a 5.5" version!), and the colour will come down to what they actually look like in the press shots.

My phones have always been black but my iPad's white and I quite like it, so I may go silver or gold.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
I'm having a big dilemma... Space gray or gold?

This is me, except silver or gold. I guess I'll just wait and see what they look like on the new models. I know I love white so I fear I'll have buyer's regret getting the gold.

First world problems.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
Waiting to see how the 5.5" model turns out (and if it will be available here) - than I'll decide 4.7" or 5.5".

Probably space gray for me.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
I will be heartbroken if the following happens:

Apple announces only the 4.7" phone
I buy said phone
A few months later Apple announces the 5.5" phone citing supply chain constraints as the reason it wasn;t announced initially

Ok, so I wouldn't be heartbroken, but if there IS a 5.5", even if it's launching later, I would like to know, so that I may just wait for it. If there isn't to be one, an 4.7" will do.

Yeah, that's what I kind of worry about too. But I highly doubt Apple would release the 5.5" without some kind of big media spectacle - to have one for the 4.7" and then one later for the 5.5" seems a bit much. So IF it exists I think they'll at least announce both 9/9.

Apparently they're going to announce the iWatch and that won't even be available until early next year so I don't necessarily think they'd have an issue announcing the 5.5" before it's ready. Could all be part of the "Wish we could say more" tagline - "We have these in the pipeline and we can give you very limited information now but you'll have to wait for the rest."

Guess we'll see. :) The existence of the 5.5", or more specifically, whether or not Apple will produce one for consumers, seems to be the only big unknown left!

Henke

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
Hopefully 5.5 grey, if I need to wait a couple of months ,I'll do that for bigger screen, had a note 3 an it was perfect bar being on android, so this 5.5 if true is perfect for me.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
4.7" Gold when the 6s is released. Skipping the 6. I already have a great 5.5" phone on my second line so I don't need a second phone of the same size even if such a Unicorn was announced.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Yeah, that's what I kind of worry about too. But I highly doubt Apple would release the 5.5" without some kind of big media spectacle - to have one for the 4.7" and then one later for the 5.5" seems a bit much. So IF it exists I think they'll at least announce both 9/9.

Apparently they're going to announce the iWatch and that won't even be available until early next year so I don't necessarily think they'd have an issue announcing the 5.5" before it's ready. Could all be part of the "Wish we could say more" tagline - "We have these in the pipeline and we can give you very limited information now but you'll have to wait for the rest."

Guess we'll see. :) The existence of the 5.5", or more specifically, whether or not Apple will produce one for consumers, seems to be the only big unknown left!

The thing with the watch is that it is in another market. Watch sales will not cannibalize iPhone sales. If, however, they announce a 5.5" for later this year (or next) they run the risk of people holding off on the 4.7" launch for the 5.5".

I don't know if the risk is enough to make Apple care either way though. Just putting my thoughts out there. :)

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I voted 4.7" because I REALLY don't want a huge phone, but if the 5.5" comes with several features excluded from the 4.7" I'll reconsider.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.