Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PeterKG

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
Every defective iPhone 5 I have received from first one ordered on launch day to all the replacements all came from factory F2. All produced in September.

Today they are sending me one from factory C3 produced in September, and reading through this thread shows that this factory must have pretty good QC. For once I have hope this nightmare will end. At least Applecare has been great to deal with.

I'm shocked that white box replacements are still shipping that were made in September. Maybe Apple knew then to get ready for returns.

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
Production week: 38 (September)

White, 32GB Verizon. Perfect, no dents, scratches, or screen issues. :)

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
And what exactly is the manufacturing week supposed to tell you?

There are some who think that certain manufacture weeks contained batches of inferior production devices. IDK. I never bothered to look mine up and I've had no problems whatsoever. Mine was delivered on Launch Day.

jehartley

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2012
Week 46.
Black

The outside of the phone is flawless. Unfortunately, while downloading some apps, the screen started to flicker violently and wouldn't stop. I did a reset, and that fixed the flickering, but now there is a thin permanent black like horizontally across the screen that won't go away no matter what I try. :-(

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
Week: 44 (November)
Factory: DN (China, Chengdu - Foxconn)

32GB White Version

QC not better for me. Scratches/dings on the bottom near the lightning port connection. :(

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Hearing mostly good things about Week 44's in this thread,

Current:
F2, week 40 -- everything works except taking photos and going back to home screen crashes the device. Has happened about 6-7 times now since having it. Tried restoring and setting up as new, same thing. One tiny scratch near the lock button on the chamfer, but I honestly never cared at all.

Replacement on the way:
DN, week 44.

Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

Last edited:

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
I don't understand the website it says

Factory: F2 Please tell us where this machine is manufactured. I'm guessing this is ZHENGZHOU China which is what UPS said

other than that where is the date?

Last edited:

duhyes

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
if im going to buy the iphone 5 this christmas(in stores) what week would it be? since its different from buying online.

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY
Ordered mine, I believe, at the end of September.

It was manufactured in week 40 (October)

Received it in the mail on October 17.

16 GB, Black

Factory: F1 (China, Zhengzhou - Foxconn)

It was perfect out of the box. Has a couple of very minor chips/scuffs from being in my pocket with my keys for about a week before I got my case.

Works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.