Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Unheard artists...

Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

per your request... nothing most would have heard of though. i'm guessing;.

Wow! I haven't heard of practically anybody in your list. I've pretty much heard the same ones as buffsldr.

Do most of those bands fall into any particular genre?

I swear, you can spend most of your time and a lot of your money collecting and listening to music and still have only scratched the surface of whats out there.

Matthew

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Re: Unheard artists...

Originally posted by Taft

Wow! I haven't heard of practically anybody in your list. I've pretty much heard the same ones as buffsldr.

Do most of those bands fall into any particular genre?

Matthew

a lot of it falls into the punk/hardcore category... or indie rock.

sense field is actually on jay leno tonight (they are in the process of hitting it somehwat big....) and i'd recommend checking them out. they used to be kinda punk/hardcore and are getting more melodic and thus softer and more mainstream. but they're amazing.

the rest of the stuff is a lot of european rock i guess.. i bet if there's anyone from ireland or UK in general they've heard of power of dreams, ghost of an american airman... beautiful south is fairly famous there i think as well..

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Not going to list everything, but I only have 630MB of space left on it (with over 700 songs). I only have music stored on it, since I have external firewire drives when I need to store/move data around. I do have several cd's by Metallica as well as some Static X, Poe, Enya to name just a few. There are also some tunes I downloaded (a few) because I couldn't find a cd that has them. Otherwise I have about 50 cd's of music on it so far. That is pretty much my entire collection, minus two cd's that I just didn't want to put onto it. Not too bad for the 5GB version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.