Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Karlitr0s

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2014
Meh, playing an fps with Apple's keyboard and magic mouse is nearly impossible for me.

I prefer my ps3 for things like that.
Okay, i admit, i'm not really a gamer...

That's fair enough - I'm primarily a console gamer too - Just every now and again a FPS turns up on Steam for £3, and it's difficult to say no. :)

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
Haha probably not, but when Tim Cook is gonna present it during a Keynote he will make the old mine look like ****. They always do, hate those comparisons! ;-)

Only way a new Mini rates a keynote is if it's being introduced at the same time as other new models.

ABCDEF-Hex

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2013
NC
Based on recent events (Mac Pro)

The Mini will be available to order on 2/27 with shipping in March.

Who'm I kidding? Just a wild guess.

Mal67

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2006
West Oz
There is no likely release date sadly, there are no rumors, no parts leaks, nothing. It's all just speculation until the mini is actually released.

While they maybe some significant redesign of the mini going on or some tying-in of it with some mythical plans that Apple may have regarding TV etc that seem to have been going on forever in all likelihood this may be it for the mini. I don't mind though being proven wrong.

SpinalTap

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2003
Bournville, UK
IIRC, Mac Mini upgrades silently follow iMac upgrades.

Instinctively, I believe the next round of updates relies on the appearance of the Intel Broadwell processor.

From what I have read elsewhere this may not happen until mid 2014.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
and I think this just made my decision...can't wait till June/July...then maybe pushed to Sept Oct....

Karlitr0s

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2014
The Amazon price for the i5 has now dropped to £425 - Down gradually by a tenner in the last week or so.

apfelmann

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2007
no mac minis in stock (and no shipping date) at amazon.com and amazon.de

tuesday is coming!!!

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2014
no mac minis in stock (and no shipping date) at amazon.com and amazon.de

tuesday is coming!!!

this a very good sign, :rolleyes:

because german amazon don't have a huge demand on minis so it's pretty surprising me that they are out of stock completey!

the mini were out of stock in amazon.com a couple of times last month.

25th of February, please be the day :eek:

Zic

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2006
The East of England
I'd have thought it unlikely that Apple would make any product announcements next week as they'd be competing with news coming out of Mobile World Congress. Indeed, looking back at the dates for this event over the past five years, there is a distinct lack of new Apple products released during such occasions. I certainly wouldn't mind being proven wrong, though.

MindsEye

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
Still find it a little odd they elected not to refresh the mini with their other product lines. If its going to be Haswell based then my guess it will be refreshed by WWDC latest possibly alongside the ATV or iWatch.

Anytime after that and i can only see them jumping straight to Broadwell.

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey

Micky Do

macrumors 68020
Aug 31, 2012
a South Pacific island
Last edited:

apfelmann

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2007
on 24th of September the new iMac arrived. Apple did not take down the online store in advance.
same procedure today for the mini?

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
Interestingly, the Mini ranks higher on the list than any iMac.

Oh and I almost forgot….. it is Tuesday. How many will be disappointed (again) when the day is done?

It's a hoot to observe, but I don't give a hoot.

From apples viewpoint the quad 2012 has no real competition.

quiet = yes
Small = yes
powerful cpu = yes
lots of storage = yes

matz8916

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2013
I work at Staples here in Canada, and I just checked for all the models we carry in both French and English and we have 0 in stock in every store and no store has any on order... I had even asked my boss what that means, and he told me that it usually means the new stuff is coming soon. I don't doubt it, we haven't received mac minis for a while now.

ChpTrk

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2003
I work at Staples here in Canada, and I just checked for all the models we carry in both French and English and we have 0 in stock in every store and no store has any on order... I had even asked my boss what that means, and he told me that it usually means the new stuff is coming soon. I don't doubt it, we haven't received mac minis for a while now.

Best, most positive information I have read yet. Now if we could hear from a Best Buy or Apple Store insider....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.