Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What's your carrier?

• Total voters

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
I'm with Orange in the UK. Good service, never had cause to complain apart from a few dodgy early 3G handsets. Decent call plans and not as pricey as a couple of the other UK providers. On the down-side though, they do lock the handsets down and re-brand them with the Orange logo, which is a little annoying... plus not all of the Sony Ericsson phones (my preferred brand) are available through Orange. I'm staying loyal to them for the time being though. I used to be on O2 years ago, back when it was actually called 'Cellnet' but used to pay a fortune for cross-network calls so I switched.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Verizon (US). I have never had a problem with them but I wish they would use GSM instead of CDMA.:rolleyes:

mikes63737

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
T-Mobile. They've got great coverage here. The best, actually, even though no one will admit it. I've had them all except for Verizon, but half of my friends have Verizon and I get a signal where they don't. Cingular and Sprint suck here.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
It's The Network!

(Verizon - and I love it!)

Where in Colorado do you live? I'm in south Denver and the coverage is 3 bars tops.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
Mines Student :)

I've never tried my phone up there, but service is awful in the mountains, especially Vail. My sisters' Sprint phones worked great. Maybe it's because the CEO of Sprint put a tower up there for his vacation home. :rolleyes:

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
I really hate cell phones. Though I do have one. I rarely use it. T-mobile. I get headaches after using a cell phone for more than five minutes so I get discouraged.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
apfhex said:
T-Mobile. The only GSM provider (of the two in the U.S. :rolleyes: ) that has a post-paid plan cheaper than $40/mo.

There are a lot of regional GSM carriers here, as well as MNVOs. There's Edge wireless that serves Nor Cal. (This just popped into my mind: do you like it when people say Nor and So Cal?)

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
iMacZealot said:
There are a lot of regional GSM carriers here, as well as MNVOs. There's Edge wireless that serves Nor Cal. (This just popped into my mind: do you like it when people say Nor and So Cal?)
I should have said the only major GSM provider. I wasn't counting MNVO's, they don't offer anything useful. Edge Wireless is a bit *too* far north. And anyway, T-Mobile is still the cheapest which is why I use them (plus, service has been good).

I don't care if people say Nor Cal or So Cal. I don't, though.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
apfhex said:
I should have said the only major GSM provider. I wasn't counting MNVO's, they don't offer anything useful. Edge Wireless is a bit *too* far north. And anyway, T-Mobile is still the cheapest which is why I use them (plus, service has been good).

I don't care if people say Nor Cal or So Cal. I don't, though.

Awesome! Hey, I was wondering, my sisters live in Lamorinda/Walnut Creek in the East Bay. Is T-Mobile any good there? I want to switch to them and I visit my sisters quite frequently.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Why on earth did you include only US and UK options in your poll? :confused: Yeah, because no mobile users live anywhere else in the world... :rolleyes:

If you're going to make a poll like this, at least put some effort into doing a bit of research into other providers throughout the world. I think there might be a couple people who use mobiles in Asia from what I've heard, just a couple... :p :cool:

As for me - SaskTel, Canada. :cool:

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Vodafone UK but I am about to change to either Orange or O2 depending on the best deal I can find will probably make the switch beginning of September...

Not that Vodafone has been bad its a great network, just better deals can be found elsewhere,

ShadOW

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
~Shard~ said:
Why on earth did you include only US and UK options in your poll? :confused: Yeah, because no mobile users live anywhere else in the world... :rolleyes:

If you're going to make a poll like this, at least put some effort into doing a bit of research into other providers throughout the world. I think there might be a couple people who use mobiles in Asia from what I've heard, just a couple... :p :cool:

As for me - SaskTel, Canada. :cool:

Pesky Canadians. They always act as if they're forgotten by the world. ;)

SaskTel sounds as if it's from Saskatchewan or merely Saskatoon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.