Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
All i hear in the news is about Foxconn & apple

Im curious to know where all these android phones are made

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2008
Hmm... Well, I guess Samsung makes almost every aspect of their own phones in their own factories. Others would probably use a variety of suppliers around the far-east (and elsewhere, to a lesser degree).

If I'm not mistaken, Foxconn also makes stuff for other companies, but Apple is simply their largest customer by a long way.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
From my phones:

Galaxy Nexus:
Galaxy%20Nexus.jpg

Nexus S:
Nexus%20S.jpg

ZTE Blade:
zte%20blade.jpg

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
So are these company's in korea and Taiwan as bad as they say Foxconn is ?

kdarling

macrumors P6
The major phone manufacturing factories apparently are:

• Apple = China. Also Brazil for its own residents
  • HTC = Taiwan
  • Huawei = China
  • Motorola = China
  • Nokia = Finland, Germany, Emirates, Azerbaijan (?)
  • RIM = Mexico and some Canada
  • Samsung = Korea (for Korea and high end phone final assembly), China, VietNam
  • ZTE = China
Who are we missing?

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
Foxconn makes stuff for a lot of companies, not just Apple, such as Acer, Amazon, Cisco, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Microsoft, Motorola Mobility, Nintendo, Nokia, Samsung Electronics, Sony, Toshiba, Vizio and probably a few others.

It just happens to be that Apple has one of the most popular products and they are one of the most successful companies, so it seems that all these news reports appear one sided, Apple and Foxconn this and Apple and Foxconn that. And then all these people get up in arms and bent out of shape about working conditions and Apple needs to do something. I wish these news reporters would get their facts straight and mention other companies as well. But I guess if they did that they would probably find out that the laptop they are using to write the report was made at Foxconn and then they wouldn’t have anything to write about.

People need to do their research before bashing Apple and Foxconn. I am not an Apple fan boy, but I do enjoy their products. It works for me just like I am sure it works for many others.

Oh and I typed this on my Toshiba Satellite which is getting its DNS and DHCP from a Dell server which is sending all internet requests through our Cisco router, all made at Foxconn :)

Last edited:

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)

• HTC = Taiwan
  • Huawei = China
  • Motorola = China
  • ZTE = China
Who are we missing?
My Asus Transformer Prime has a tiny "Made in China" sticker on it and the wife's Sony Xperia S was also made in China.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS

Loved the Finnish made N and E series Nokias!! [ R.I.P S60 ] However, my N95-3 and N95-4 were Made in Korea and the build quality sucked [ loose slider, light leakage, and yellow/pinkish screen colors ]. The * Made in Finland * E73 [ that I still use internationally ] is a solid piece of construction!!! :D

But, I digress lol

My Sammy GS 2 [ Sprint ] is Made in Korea.

runtohell121

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2010
Samsung is mostly Korea for their high end phones.. Owned 2 Samsung phones (Samsung Galaxy S II and Samsung Focus S AT&T).

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO

• HTC = Taiwan
  • Huawei = China
  • Motorola = China
  • ZTE = China
Who are we missing?

LG phones?

kdarling

macrumors P6
LG phones?

Ah! Thanks. Good one.

LG is a Korean company, so I would bet some are made there, and in China. Some of their cheaper phones used to be made in Mexico, but that moved to Brazil a few years ago.

Updated info on Nokia:

Nokia makes smartphones in Finland, China and South Korea.

Nokia builds low-end phones in countries including Brazil, China, India, Hungary, Romania, Mexico, and recently, in Vietnam.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Updated info on Nokia:

Nokia makes smartphones in Finland, China and South Korea.

Nokia builds low-end phones in countries including Brazil, China, India, Hungary, Romania, Mexico, and recently, in Vietnam.

If you're going to "update" the Nokia information, don't use data from before its destruction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.