Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sincere11105

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
I was going to buy the Pro and Pencil today, but no Pencil in stock so left empty handed. eBay vampires are buying up all the pencils so they can create demand and push prices up. I won't play that game. Apple should have made a policy to only sell the Pencil to people who buy or can prove they own an iPad Pro.
Some for $400

Reactions: AttilaTheHun

sincere11105

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
I had an apple pencil ordered through Apple.com. I was looking and looking until my wife had told me that she had one for me already. Supposed to be a christmas gift. She didnt want me to end up buying one. I feel like I ruined it =/ . Luckily she doesnt know about the present I got her. I feel like I should give it to her early now.
Anyway heres my setup.
4478f26b9e8ffe7713e29e22fc898996.jpg

Reactions: JD2015 and mac666er

Hellenek

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2007
sincere1105, does the Magic keyboard work very well? Are you planning on getting a smart case?

sincere11105

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
Hellenek I like it so far. I have a case that I got from Amazon. Couldn't justify the price tag on the smart keyboard. But this setup works for me

derpmcturd

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2015
Just bought 2 for pickup from the Apple store in Chicago! Then told my sister about it and she wanted one too, so I went back online not even 2 minutes after ordering mine and it said there were no more available for pickup at that exact same store LMFAOOO

sincere11105

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
Just bought 2 for pickup from the Apple store in Chicago! Then told my sister about it and she wanted one too, so I went back online not even 2 minutes after ordering mine and it said there were no more available for pickup at that exact same store LMFAOOO
Nice. Congrats.

aafable

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2015
It's 99$ at the apple store. Does anyone know if this will work on other apple products? Like the ipad air 2 for example? Lol

its93rc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Texas
My Bestbuy had some yesterday and there's not much demand in my city for them so they should still have several. I will go later and verify since it's pretty close to my house. If they do have some, I'll pick some up and ship you guys some (just cover the shipping and add whatever your heart desires as an extra).

Scalpers are deplorable.

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
My Bestbuy had some yesterday and there's not much demand in my city for them so they should still have several. I will go later and verify since it's pretty close to my house. If they do have some, I'll pick some up and ship you guys some (just cover the shipping and add whatever your heart desires as an extra).

Scalpers are deplorable.
I'm be up for that! let me know if you can score one.

munishp

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2015
Cloud
Hope you guys manage to get one. I have had mine for several weeks now and really think it is brilliant.

Reactions: JD2015

sincere11105

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
Hope you guys manage to get one. I have had mine for several weeks now and really think it is brilliant.
ive had it for a few days. Its great. Im no artist but i use it for writing notes. Still trying to find a good note taking app for studies

iceman42

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
you can try an apple store if they don't have any in stock then you have to wait tell they get them back in stock

munishp

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2015
Cloud
ive had it for a few days. Its great. Im no artist but i use it for writing notes. Still trying to find a good note taking app for studies
I have found that paper FiftyThree and the apple notes app are the best for what I do. I even managed to draw some lines to help with writing and use as a template. Lol

munishp

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2015
Cloud
I have found that paper FiftyThree and the apple notes app are the best for what I do. I even managed to draw some lines to help with writing and use as a template. Lol
Paper fifty three have just updated and now have templates too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.