Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nazmac21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
Digital World
Dodge Viper GTS-R
Ford GT
Jaguar XJ-220
Aston Martin Project Vantage
TVR Speed 12
Nissan R390 GT-1
Lotus GT1
Toyota GT-One

I am going to buy one of these cars someday and which one should I get. I am going to be using it as my main driving car.

zblaxberg

Jan 22, 2007
Dodge Viper GTS-R
Ford GT
Jaguar XJ-220
TVR Speed 12
Nissan R390 GT-1
Lotus GT1
Toyota GT-One

I am going to buy one of these cars someday and which one should I get. I am going to be using it as my main driving car.

Ford GT all the way...
p.s. share the wealth lol
where u getting this kind of money

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
Well where are you located at. I hear TVR's are illegal in the states because of there crash tests. The Ford GT is completely sold so you have to end up getting a used Ford GT. Do you really want a used 150 grand car?

Anyways this is to vague of a question. What will you be doing, where will you be driving, how much driving will you be diong, what is the terrain that you will be driving in like, what type of style do you enjoy more (for example I love rear wheel drive torque monsters, the Z06 would probably be my choice if I didn't have a wad but had quite a bit of mulah. Some people love the 3 lbs cars that have pretty big engines).

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
aston martin, as long as i get a drive in it :D

i love AMs. They and mustangs are the only fords i would be seen in.

For some reason I can see you sitting in the back seat of a Crown Victoria, likely on a reality-type television show.

Or whatever Ford the cops drive over there.

:p

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
This is my favourite car right here: :)

BUICK_LESABRE.jpg

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Dodge Viper GTS-R - Nice car. Not worth the money though
Ford GT - Pointless car that doesn't work
Jaguar XJ-220 - Horrible looking, terrible reliablilty
Aston Martin Project Vantage - Nice but the DBR9 is better
TVR Speed 12 - You can't buy one. There's only about 4 in the world
Nissan R390 GT-1 - Not very practical
Lotus GT1 - Not very practical
Toyota GT-One - Not very practical

EDIT: It looks like you chose your list after playing Gran Turismo...

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
Dodge Viper GTS-R - Nice car. Not worth the money though
Ford GT - Pointless car that doesn't work
Jaguar XJ-220 - Horrible looking, terrible reliablilty
Aston Martin Project Vantage - Nice but the DBR9 is better
TVR Speed 12 - You can't buy one. There's only about 4 in the world
Nissan R390 GT-1 - Not very practical
Lotus GT1 - Not very practical
Toyota GT-One - Not very practical

EDIT: It looks like you chosse your list after playing Gran Turismo...

Just what I was thinking; It has to be the Toyota GT-One you can clean up in that thing, closley followed by the Nissan.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
If you want to drive one of those cars fast, and as a daily driver.

Spending some money at Bondurant for driving courses should allow you to kill yourself safely.

Ooops, I mean reduce the chances of you killing yourself. :p

lexus

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2006
Depends Greatly On The Weather
There is no such thing as a Aston Martin Project Vantage it is just called a V8 Vantage. Also The DBR9 is a race car built by Prodrive for AM. I think you mean the DB9 or DBS.

BTW Production of the Ford GT was ended last year.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
There is no such thing as a Aston Martin Project Vantage it is just called a V8 Vantage. Also The DBR9 is a race car built by Prodrive for AM. I think you mean the DB9 or DBS.

Project Vantage turned into the Vanquish, not the V8 Vantage.
Anyone can buy a DBR9. Yes it's race prepped, but you can still go to Prodrive and order one.

lexus

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2006
Depends Greatly On The Weather
Anyone can buy a DBR9. Yes it's race prepped, but you can still go to Prodrive and order one.

I just said their is no such thing as a Project Vantage. I am not sure where the OP is getting his list from. Also the Vanquish was recently discontinued. I never said you cannot buy a DBR9, just that it is race car, which I think is not road legal. Like the F430 Challenge.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
There is such a thing as the Project Vantage. There's just one of them.:)

It's a pointless argument anyway. The likelyhood of the OP being able to afford any of the cars listed is pretty remote.

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Do the planet a favour and take public transport instead of massaging your ego.

Hahahaha, you what? I forgot that buses run on fresh air, and that of course cars run on the tears of squirrels.

Aston. :D

Edit:

Not fully true, you can't buy the DBR9, it's the DBRS9 you can buy. :) Close, but not the full fat version. Saying that, im sure you can buy the DBR9, but you know what im getting at. But The DBRS9 is actually road legal, whereas the DBR9 is not.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Dodge Viper GTS-R
Ford GT
Jaguar XJ-220
TVR Speed 12
Nissan R390 GT-1
Lotus GT1
Toyota GT-One

YAWN

Wasteland?

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Hahahaha, you what? I forgot that buses run on fresh air, and that of course cars run on the tears of squirrels.

Aston. :D

Edit:

Not fully true, you can't buy the DBR9, it's the DBRS9 you can buy. :) Close, but not the full fat version. Saying that, im sure you can buy the DBR9, but you know what im getting at. But The DBRS9 is actually road legal, whereas the DBR9 is not.

I wasn't saying the DBR9 was road legal. But you can buy a DBR9 and use it on a track.
The Viper GTS-R isn't road legal either, while we're at it.

You could buy all of AM

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.