Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tryrtryrtryrt

Suspended
Sep 10, 2016
Hey guys, I've bought the Acer H77HU with the USB 3.1 port paired with a 2016 15" MBP. Why is it that when i connect my MBP with a Usb-C cable it only charges with 1-2 Watts? I takes literally more than 10-15 minutes for it to charge 1%. Any ides? (See picture below for power)
Considering acer.com says its operating power consumption is 34 W, it is clear it was not made with charging the laptop that outputs the picture in mind (60 W). Considering similar Dell display consumes 26 W I'd expect Acer not being able to provide more than 10 W.

I'm not sure about that though, you'd better contact support and ask them if the current behaviour is expected.

leo015

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2016
Oh, so this is normal i guess. I was worried that my monitor was defective or something. Will this harm the battery if it is charging so slow?

ja09

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2016
Got two LG 27UD68 on sale for $329/ea. My first time working on 4k screens, really like them so far. Not sure about this mbp though. Lot's of weird issues and very poor battery life for me. Seems like a $3500 beta machine.

20161215_141120-mod.jpg

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
More chance of Santa being real than the 5K being available this year.

I'm about a week away from just buying the 4K picking it up in store and then hopping that Apple make that 5K available within my returns period and still discounted.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
I just paid for the ultra fine 4k with pick up tomorrow (although I won't be able to pick it up until Saturday) as they seem to be all sold out.

Knowing my luck the 5K will be available tomorrow lol

Mxbzz

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
Got two LG 27UD68 on sale for $329/ea. My first time working on 4k screens, really like them so far. Not sure about this mbp though. Lot's of weird issues and very poor battery life for me. Seems like a $3500 beta machine.

View attachment 678191

After the latest update, my base 15" has trouble waking from sleep. Half the time, it forces me to manually power cycle the machine and I get an error upon startup saying the Touch Bar unexpectedly hung.

Definitely still feels like a beta machine with all these annoying hiccups. There's a lot to love about the new MBP but it's clear they should have spent a little more time working out the bugs.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
I picked up the 4K ultra fine today. I knew it would feel small and it does. (Also LG why is the box FOUR times the size of the monitor?!).

Things I like:

- Very good display. Great colour.
- nice that it has built in speakers and charges the MacBook.
- solid build and feels quality

Things I dislike

- It looks like a baby sized monitor
- I can't keep the display on if I close the MacBook or put the screen to sleep (if there is a setting for that please let me know).

Overall it's very nice but I see it as a close up monitor. Some extra space to maybe watch a video or spreadsheet to multitask.

What I actually wanted is a display big enough I can use it to watch stuff in bed.

I will change it for the 27" when available most definitely. Although I do wonder if a monitor with more inputs may be better (somewhere I can plug in a chromecast etc).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.