Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
For me personally it's the moto x2 or whatever they end up calling it. The X is the best feeling phone I have used in a long time and have always been a motorola fan since the days of the razr flip phone and maybe even before. I'm interested to see what other features they'll bring to the table and how much the design will change.

I expect them to further add more options to motomaker and I doubt we'll see any signs of the Lenovo takeover until next year.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
None really. Though I am curious to see what an Android Lumia looks like and what Apple will be bringing to the table.

Not sure what I would be swapping my GS4 in for though.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
iPhone 6, with the next Moto flagship a far distant second.

We already know for the most part what we're getting with the next batch of Android flagships. If anything, I'm most interested to see what the next iteration of Android will bring, much more so than any specific piece of hardware.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
The Note 4 is going to be a must have phone for me. Just wish it was coming out sooner. I'm still fighting the urge of wanting the Note 3.

Not really looking towards the S5. But I'm interested in seeing what improvements are made towards the TW software.

I would like to see the iP6 have at least 5 inch display. Although that will not pull me back to iPhones.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
The Note 4 is going to be a must have phone for me. Just wish it was coming out sooner. I'm still fighting the urge of wanting the Note 3.

Not really looking towards the S5. But I'm interested in seeing what improvements are made towards the TW software.

I would like to see the iP6 have at least 5 inch display. Although that will not pull me back to iPhones.

You probably won't be seeing anything on the Note 4 until August or September. The Note 3 is still new enough that getting one would be a fairly safe bet.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
The Moto G 2 if it gets 1080P video recording and still maintains that price.

Apart from that none, because every single phone still has some sort of lag (occasional, inconsistent transitions and animations, etc), and it's starting to get really annoying.

I don't see any lag in my desktop OS...

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Note 4. Because with each additional day that goes by with my Note 2, I realize more and more that I'd be wasting my time with any screen smaller than 5.5".

Unless a new Nexus would come out with a screen at least that size of course, I'd be pretty much all over that.

I'm excited about the iPhone 6 too, but more just because I'm curious to see what they'll do with a larger screen. IF they go for it. I don't have high hopes that iOS will get any less locked down and limited anytime soon, so I probably won't be switching to iPhone regardless.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
For me personally it's the moto x2 or whatever they end up calling it. The X is the best feeling phone I have used in a long time and have always been a motorola fan since the days of the razr flip phone and maybe even before. I'm interested to see what other features they'll bring to the table and how much the design will change.

I expect them to further add more options to motomaker and I doubt we'll see any signs of the Lenovo takeover until next year.

Same here. Before Lenovo take over I want to see what the Moto X2 looks like. :D

Also looking forward to the Nexus 6 (possibly the last :( ), the Lumia 1520 mini and the iPhone 6 (hoping for a larger screen and new design!)

maxwelltech

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
Irvine, CA, USA
iPhone 6 because this is not an S upgrade, which means that we are supposed to be seeing a new design. I hope it will have a 4.7" Retina Display+.

HTC One 2 (or whatever it is called). The camera definitely needs to be improved. My HTC One's camera absolutely cannot compare to the iPhone 5S's camera. I hope it will at least be 8MP, couldn't care less about Ultrapixels.

Nexus 6. Hopefully with new version of Android (5.0?) along with better camera.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Note 4.

Although I really want to try and keep my note 3 from for a while as I've had 4 different phones in the past 6 months.

verpeiler

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2013
Munich, Germany
- New HTC One
- iPhone with larger display

And I'm curios if Samsung will stick to crappy build phones (S3,S4, not the Note) with the worst skin of all times.

flybub

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2011
Have a Galaxy s4 right now, but I'm really anxious to see what Apple does with the iPhone 6. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on an off contract Moto X but I'm glad I didn't since the following week Google sold Moto to Lenovo. I guess we'll see what happens.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Galaxy S5, iPhone 6, HTC One2, Nexus 6
My Nexus 5 has been my daily driver replacing my IP5s. Really impressed with the Nexus…but I loved the S4 so can't wait to see what is next with the Galaxy S5.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
iPhone 6

Nexus 6

6 vs 6

I probably won't get either when my update is due early next year. Just curious how both have evolve. I could still be content using one of the phones from the Class of 2013 like the G2 or Moto X.

The HTC One 2 or One+ doesn't interest me. More internal refinements from HTC. I can't expect them to reinvent the wheel every year. And their drop in marketshare and financial troubles worries me. Forecast is gloomy for them.

I'm hoping Samsung might actually surprise me this month but they haven't impressed me since the Note 1. Hoping for better materials used and a revamped TouchWiz. And refine more of the best features and show a little more restraint with the features and variations of the same phones.

I think the phone of the year might actually come from LG with the G3 if it is being dubbed an S5 killer. The G2 was one of the best phones of last year and LG might surprise us again. Plus they have more restraint unlike Sammy mass producing so many look-alike phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.