Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Revolution starring Billy Burke, Giancarlo Esposito, and Elizabeth Mitchell on Netflix.

772d36_85c97a6c3f570ae45b37f7c105f35a88.jpg_srz_p_850_310_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Possible spoiler alert:
It had a really good/strong start. However, when it was cancelled, the ending was horrible, as they didn't give the writers time to wrap up any of the story lines.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I'm about to sit through a 5 hour Chemo session, so I've queued up Season 1 of the TNT show, Murder in the First.

I'm an old Rent-head, so I've always like Taye Diggs. Hoping it's decent as it looks like Season 2 is starting in June.

Moyank, I hadn't spotted this post, as I haven't been back to this thread since I last posted, until today.

Very, very sorry to hear this, and hope things are going working out well for you and that this trying treatment is doing what it is supposed to do. Take good care of yourself.

The reason I dropped into this thread - was to mention an extremely good documentary I saw on the BBC last night.

Called 'BBC At War' it was an excellent documentary - the first of two parts - about the BBC during the Second World War.

Among other things, it looked at, not just how developing technology allowed for a different approach to war, and how war was reported (the print media were underwhelmed by this) but issues such as the need to report the truth (not juts as a moral issue, and to be seen as different from the polished propaganda machine of Dr Goebbels, but also as an issue of establishing credibility, and journalistic standards), versus the need to preserve morale at a time when the war was not going well, and indeed, the need to work out some sort of modus vivendi with the Government so that a state broadcaster is not simply seen as the propaganda arm of the Government.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Finished up Sense8 on Netflix and most likely will binge the new season of Orange is the New Black real soon now that it's out.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Can you elaborate? Do you think the new season is lacking in some way or are you tired of the concept/characters, etc.?
I just haven't bonded with the characters like I did in previous seasons. I will stick with it don't get me wrong.Hopefully I learn to love it again.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I just haven't bonded with the characters like I did in previous seasons. I will stick with it don't get me wrong.Hopefully I learn to love it again.
Gotcha, I think maintaining a bond with characters can be challenging now that shows can take such long breaks between seasons.

Violafab

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2014
We didn't like the first 5-6 episodes of OITNB season 3, but after that we were hooked again. The same happened in season 2. It's a love/hate tv series ;)

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
I finished all of Lost last week. That only took about a month to plow through. Confusing at times with all the time shifts and whatnot, but I really liked it.

Currently watching Friday Night Lights. It's pretty much Varsity Blues turned into a TV show. Very predictable, very cheesy, but it's kinda fun. One of the more attractive female casts I've seen in any TV show. :)

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
After much pushing from my daughter, I watched the entire first season of The Black List on Netflix. Now I'm going crazy because the 2nd season is unavailable. I can find the last 5 episodes on nbc.com and hulu, but not the rest of it.

Reactions: AZhappyjack

Gwendolini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
random
Some unknown series called "Oz", with wizards and ****.

It mostly has its ups, but some downs are in there too, but I am getting close to the end, and they still haven't resolved the main mystery - is McManus the first failed prisoner or not.

Well, sadly it is still in SD quality and probably will not get The Wire treatment anytime soon.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Netflix's Sense8... Really digging this show right now. The first few episodes I will admit, I was lost and was wondering the the hell am I watching. But half way through the season, yeah it is getting pretty good IMHO.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
Two shows:
Blue Bloods and Orange Is The New Black, season 3... both on Netflix.

Huge OITNB fan, but season 3 left me rather disappointed. Even viewing it as a cliffhanger, the season finale wasn't great for me at all.

Nonetheless, I'm currently binging on 30 Rock.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm only three episodes into the third season, but can't really get back into it :(

Agreed. It's "different" this season.

We didn't like the first 5-6 episodes of OITNB season 3, but after that we were hooked again. The same happened in season 2. It's a love/hate tv series ;)

Huge OITNB fan, but season 3 left me rather disappointed. Even viewing it as a cliffhanger, the season finale wasn't great for me at all.

I'm about 6 episodes into season 3 of Orange is the New Black and I'm enjoying it. Sure, it doesn't have that "shiny new" feeling that season 1 did, but the premise is still holding my interest as they continue to show the back stories of different characters to answer questions and develop them.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Stridemat, you ever watched an episode or two of Fortitude? What did you think?

I somewhat stopped after five or six but for no real reason, will check out the rest when more time at hand.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Stridemat, you ever watched an episode or two of Fortitude? What did you think?

I somewhat stopped after five or six but for no real reason, will check out the rest when more time at hand.

I'm in almost exactly the same boat as you. I watched this first few episodes when it was on TV but have never seen the remainder. The whole season is on my DVR so when I get a spare weekend I will probably watch the rest. People I know seemed to really enjoy it.

I'm about 6 episodes into season 3 of Orange is the New Black and I'm enjoying it. Sure, it doesn't have that "shiny new" feeling that season 1 did, but the premise is still holding my interest as they continue to show the back stories of different characters to answer questions and develop them.

I am now 6 episodes in as well and enjoying it again :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.