who is sharing my internet connection? (via airport express)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vgoklani, Mar 4, 2007.

1. vgoklani macrumors regular

vgoklani

Hi,

I have an airport express, which I use as my main router in my secure (WEP2) network. Just out of curosity, how would I see who is logged on in my network (ie: using my airport express)? Is there a widget showing me who's logged on?

Thanks!

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

WEP isn't secure, WPA is so if you want security beyond just stopping people automatically connecting use WPA ;).

3. vgoklani thread starter macrumors regular

vgoklani

sorry - slight typo - that should be WPA2 not WEP! thanks though - but still, how would I see who's attached to my network?

4. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

Does the Airport Admin utility allow you to do it?

5. neyoung macrumors member

I don't have an Airport Express, but if it has a DHCP clients table you can see everyone that has connected withing DHCP lease time (typically 24 hours). Any computer has gotten a DHCP lease within the last few minutes is likely still on connected. If you want to know for sure, just clear the DHCP table and see which computers get a new lease. This is the only way I know of doing this and its all only relevant if you use DHCP.

6. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

I have an Extreme - is there no way of just seeing a simple list of computers connected to my network? Even some bought software?

7. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

If you are running an encrypted WPA2 network, the only people who have access would be the people you gave the "password" to.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

of course, just go into the airport utility, select manual setup, click on the advanced icon, logs and statistics button, then wireless clients.

9. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

I was meaning my 'Guest Network'.