Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vgoklani

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
Hi,

I have an airport express, which I use as my main router in my secure (WEP2) network. Just out of curosity, how would I see who is logged on in my network (ie: using my airport express)? Is there a widget showing me who's logged on?

Thanks!

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Hi,

I have an airport express, which I use as my main router in my secure (WEP2) network. Just out of curosity, how would I see who is logged on in my network (ie: using my airport express)? Is there a widget showing me who's logged on?

Thanks!

WEP isn't secure, WPA is so if you want security beyond just stopping people automatically connecting use WPA ;).

vgoklani

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
sorry - slight typo - that should be WPA2 not WEP! thanks though - but still, how would I see who's attached to my network?

neyoung

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2007
I don't have an Airport Express, but if it has a DHCP clients table you can see everyone that has connected withing DHCP lease time (typically 24 hours). Any computer has gotten a DHCP lease within the last few minutes is likely still on connected. If you want to know for sure, just clear the DHCP table and see which computers get a new lease. This is the only way I know of doing this and its all only relevant if you use DHCP.

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
I have an Extreme - is there no way of just seeing a simple list of computers connected to my network? Even some bought software?

jlblodgett

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
If you are running an encrypted WPA2 network, the only people who have access would be the people you gave the "password" to.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have an Extreme - is there no way of just seeing a simple list of computers connected to my network? Even some bought software?

of course, just go into the airport utility, select manual setup, click on the advanced icon, logs and statistics button, then wireless clients.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.