Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
I don't know how you folks can avoid drops using no case. I really like the cool bare feel of the metal, but just way to slippery for me. I'd surely drop it. The apple leather slim case works to give me a grip. I think a bare assed phone would be great tho. Rock on!

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I don't know how you folks can avoid drops using no case. I really like the cool bare feel of the metal, but just way to slippery for me. I'd surely drop it. The apple leather slim case works to give me a grip. I think a bare assed phone would be great tho. Rock on!

It's not slippery, in my opinion. But it's totally unprotected, and I'm not going to take risks with a 850€ device.
A drop could happen, and a dent would affect the resale value.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore

The 5s at least didn't feel slippery at all. It's compact enough that I can maintain a steady grip on it and use it comfortably with one hand. Though it sports a ton of nicks and scratches on the chamfered edge.

I plan on keeping the 5s around as a spare phone / camera when I upgrade to the 6s anyways, so the loss in resale value doesn't really annoy me. :p

Ev0d3vil

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
using your iPhone naked.

Hi guys, who here uses their phone naked? Not literally but phone without a case. I like using my 5 naked as I felt it looks and feels more sleek that way but I get those ugly aluminium scuffs ugh.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I've used my iPhones naked sine my 3GS.

I have tried cases, particularly when I get a new device, but they never last more than a couple of days. They are mostly awful.

I haven't seen a case that looks, or feels as nice as a naked iPhone.

tgmn

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2013
Arizona
6 Plus naked checking in. I bought a silicone case but believe it or not the iPhone with silicone case is much more slip prone than it is naked so naked I will be. :cool:

spacemnspiff

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
MD
Wow. Why didn't you just leave it in the box? Then you wouldn't have to worry at all.

Are you suggesting that people who opt for any protection or casing should leave the phones in the box? Any usage is protecting the phone, be it carrying in your hand or pockets, the difference is the degree of protection. Extending your analogy, you should suggest people drag their phones on the ground instead of carrying it in their pockets.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Hello buddy.

I'm just wondering if you're using a case with your 6/6+ after all?

I have a 6, with a black Apple silicone case but I really don't like it.

Everything is just monotone (Space Grey handset) and I'm thinking of going case free.

The only thing is, the 6 is so slippery!

Never. :apple:

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
I've had mine for about a week now and have not had a case or screen protector on. But you better believe I'm scared to death of something happening to it. I take very good care of my stuff and have rarely dropped my phones and even still I dread the day.

I love the look and feel out this phone more than any other that I've owned so I want to stay case free but man.... I'm looking at Amazon daily to see what's out there just for peace of mind.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Been using my iPhone without a case since the 3G.

This is the first iphone I use a case for.

First time i ever majorly dropped an iPhone - it's simply wayy too slippery

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Who's rocking their 6/6+ naked?

Been using my 6 Plus naked all week. Just using the Sena pouch when on the move. I have to say I do not find the 6 Plus slippy in the hand at all. Not one bit.

saberz

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2012
I did for about a month and switched to a Seidio Holster and Surface case. The phone while beautiful was hard to grip and nearly dropped it twice. May switch on and off though since I have a nice Atelier Pall sleeve for it.

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
Using the apple silicone product red on mine and its fantastic. Doesnt add much to the thickness of the phone and best of all it looks great!. I also have a defender for when the tough gets going

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Only when I'm home around carpet. Once outside, the case goes back on. Heck I'm scared of going in my kitchen and bathroom without a case since those areas don't have carpet.

CrimsonKnight

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Denver, CO
Who's rocking their 6/6+ naked?

I would love to go naked with my 6 plus, but I'm on the sprint iPhone for life lease plan, so I'm worried how much "wear and tear" is acceptable when I return the device. Plus no apple care.

I'm using a spigen tough armor. iPhone silicone is a lint, dirt and dust magnet. Drives me crazy.

teemu01

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2014
Anyone here use a sleeve? I've been using a black leather sleeve with my iPhone 5 for 2.5 years now. I like my iPhone naked when using it, but I want to protect it while carrying it in my pocket / bag.

I've ordered a 6 Plus and thinking of using it with a sleeve too. My only concern is, is using it going to be too clumsy compared to using a sleeve with a smaller nimble iPhone 5.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 13.36.39.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 13.36.39.png
    676 KB · Views: 116

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Anyone here use a sleeve? I've been using a black leather sleeve with my iPhone 5 for 2.5 years now. I like my iPhone naked when using it, but I want to protect it while carrying it in my pocket / bag.

I've ordered a 6 Plus and thinking of using it with a sleeve too. My only concern is, is using it going to be too clumsy compared to using a sleeve with a smaller nimble iPhone 5.

Me. I've been using the Sena pouch for a few weeks now with my 6Plus. No problems. Bought in from Apple.

teemu01

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2014
Me. I've been using the Sena pouch for a few weeks now with my 6Plus. No problems. Bought in from Apple.

Thanks for the answer. Glad to hear you've had no problems using the sleeve with iPhone 6 plus. I'll just stick with sleeve too.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I really... really... really want to use my iPhone 6+ nekkid. I've been a huge fan if nekkid phones (Droid 1, HTC Thunderbolt, 4s, 5, Note 3). I've dropped my iPhone 5 and got it replaced with AppleCare+ for $50 few years ago, other than that, I've been pretty careful. I see now that it is $70 for an AppleCare+ incident.

I originally got a Luvvitt clear case but I could see every speck of dust under that cover - drove me nuts. So now I have a Diztronic black case --- I like it but I really would prefer to use the phone by itself. When I peel back the sides I see a huge layer of dust. Drives me crazy.

I play Ingress a lot so I'm walking around with my phone out in front of me. I just don't know how that would do nekkid. :(

Those senna pouches are kinda expensive too. As someone who uses their phone a lot - they don't seem like something I could do. I have a friend who uses one with his 4s but he rarely uses his phone. Seems to work for him.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Try vacuuming all around the house to prevent dust in your cases. My house is dusty and there's zero dust in the phone case maybe because I vacuum from time to time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.