Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
I know nobody knows 100% for sure (at least nobody that's talking)...wonder how different the hardware of the iPhone 6s+ be from the hardware on the 6+?

The reason I ask, is because I've bought a black Apple leather case and ZAGG glass screen protector already in anticipation of getting an iPhone 6s+ when they're released...since both products were sold out quickly last year with the release of the 6+. Do you guys think the old cases/screen protectors will still fit given the different camera and FaceTime camera? I see a ton of iPhone 6/6+ cases being sold on other Apple-specific websites...and I'm worried I may have wasted money!

Mmmm...don't know why the mods moved this post here. I started a new thread but I didn't see one that was already in progress with almost the same heading. I'm thinking my thread should have been deleted...but maybe that's not possible. Oh well...

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
I don't mean to sound rude, but how are we supposed to know if the phone isn't even out, or hasn't even been announced?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The site is macrumors.com.

Rumor is a noun meaning "a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts."
Assuming there are particular rumors about it, rather than just speculation and guessing. And even then, whatever the site's name is, what do rumors and especially speculation/guessing help when it comes to questions of the type that are asked in this thread? Even if people say rumors or speculation/guessing implies one thing, it still means that it might be that, or it might not be that, effectively not really providing any useful answer to the actual questions.

ectospheno

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2005
Even if people say rumors or speculation/guessing implies one thing, it still means that it might be that, or it might not be that, effectively not really providing any useful answer to the actual questions.

Not sure how to respond to that other than "Welcome to the forums the week before an iphone release. Enjoy your stay."

Reactions: bronzi

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not sure how to respond to that other than "Welcome to the forums the week before an iphone release. Enjoy your stay."
Just because this isn't anything new doesn't mean that a rational response can't be provided.

Reactions: Will22

mous94410

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2015
hi ! I just bought a very good case in Dubai for iPhone 6 plus. I know that there is a rumor that says that the iPhone 6s plus will be a little bit thick than the 6s plus. That's why I want to know if my case will fit with the 6s plus. Anyone know it ?

Thank !

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
No one really knows yet. There's been some speculation that some cases with a little more "give" to them (like TPU or silicone) will probably still fit, but super-form-fitting ones like Element Cases may not work with the new model. I'm hoping most of them do because I'm a total case whore and have a million of them for my 6 Plus!

mous94410

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2015
No one really knows yet. There's been some speculation that some cases with a little more "give" to them (like TPU or silicone) will probably still fit, but super-form-fitting ones like Element Cases may not work with the new model. I'm hoping most of them do because I'm a total case whore and have a million of them for my 6 Plus!

Mine is a TPU Guess case, so you give me hope ! ^^

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
The rumours are that it's not only slightly thicker but also slightly wider and taller. This may mean that most if not all existing cases may not work.

jashworth03

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
I'm curious here. Do you think that all of the cases, covers, etc from the iPhone 6/6+ are going to work on the new model. I would hate to have to buy everything new all over again!!

Gr81MB

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
I guess that's better than a definite no!

Hard to tell at this point, wouldn't be surprised if they are the same leather cases they have been making and slapped a S on the packaging.

Last edited:

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Hard to tell at this point, wouldn't be surprised if they are the same leather cases they have been making and slapped a S on the packaging.

Speck and Otterbox are both offering new colors but saying the old versions will fit. I won't be the first to but a Candyshell on a 6s. They fit super tight on the 6 already.

I think hard plastic cases will have an issue with no stretch.

Reactions: gregd33

thematt

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2010
i preordered my regular 128GB iPhone 6S today and wanna look into having a case/screen protectors ordered and ready for the phone after work today. i know screen size wise they're the same but i wanted to make absolutely sure that the iPhone 6 cases will fit a 6S before i order one. there's more 6 options than 6S options out there right now.

thanks!

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Spigen has on their site cases designated specifically for the new IPhones. But I'm not completely sure the Spigen cases sold on Amazon for the S phones are the same as the ones on Spigen's site.

My husband got an email from Book South informing him his Book book wallet case would fit the new IPhone. It has a pretty rigid plastic case insert so I was surprised.

Marc101

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2015
Sydney
Looking at the specs on the apple site, the new phones are 100th of an inch thicker on each of the 3 axis's.

couldn't imagine it making too much of a difference, maybe a slightly snugger fit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.