Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Post a pic? I have yet to see one without it. I am still waiting for Apple to resolve it but I doubt they will.
I probably won't post a pic but I am 100% honest. It's not there and if it is it's so faint I don't see it. This is my 4th 6s+ by the way.

Bhs1975

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2012
I probably won't post a pic but I am 100% honest. It's not there and if it is it's so faint I don't see it. This is my 4th 6s+ by the way.

I wasn't questioning your honesty. I just wanted to see if it shows up. I've been through 6 myself and one screen. I don't want to try anymore unless I think they got it fixed.

Reactions: BrightCanon

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
I wasn't questioning your honesty. I just wanted to see if it shows up. I've been through 6 myself and one screen. I don't want to try anymore unless I think they got it fixed.
I didn't take it that way. No worries. I'm just am being lazy. The one I bought yesterday had it pretty bad. I think it's still a luck of the draw situation.

KiraYamato

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2015
Yep - I'm waiting for phone #4 to arrive from Apple. Here's the screen quality of my existing phone.
pics taken under these conditions do seem to exxaggerate these problems. I thought I had a perfect screen, even in the dark playing with different brightness settings it was great. When I took some pictures though, it does highlight some of these brighter and dimmer spots.
They are inherent to the technology though so the only thing you can hope for is for the issue to exist to a lesser degree.

Reactions: DADDYDC650

Farsider

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2014
London, UK
pics taken under these conditions do seem to exxaggerate these problems. I thought I had a perfect screen, even in the dark playing with different brightness settings it was great. When I took some pictures though, it does highlight some of these brighter and dimmer spots.
They are inherent to the technology though so the only thing you can hope for is for the issue to exist to a lesser degree.

Unfortunately my phone is as bad as the photo. 2 dark bands at the top and one at the bottom that are visible when scrolling text on a webpage.....even the Settings menu. The centre of the screen is brighter than the rest.

I've not seen these dark bands on the other 13 phones I've seen.

KiraYamato

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2015
Unfortunately my phone is as bad as the photo. 2 dark bands at the top and one at the bottom that are visible when scrolling text on a webpage.....even the Settings menu. The centre of the screen is brighter than the rest.

I've not seen these dark bands on the other 13 phones I've seen.

They are there, but yours are more prominent.

Farsider

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2014
London, UK
Some are on 4 and 5! I think it is funny. Their lives must be consumed by the return process.

It must be like a hobby!:p

Before you edited your post about people not having a job, to the contrary. I work a 12 hour day. I work hard for my money I refuse to except glaring fault with such an expensive phone.

Look at the photo of my screen. I doubt you'd accept that.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Before you edited your post about people not having a job, to the contrary. I work a 12 hour day. I work hard for my money I refuse to except glaring fault with such an expensive phone.

Look at the photo of my screen. I doubt you'd accept that.

Then please enjoy returning over and over and over. I would go back and find your photo of your screen but it does not matter as you are the one who has to stare at it.

Reactions: ABC5S

Bezares

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
México
Caved in and got a 6S Plus again. This one is much better than the first one I had, although blemish point is still there faintly. I can only see it when I look for it, otherwise I don't pay attention to it. Gonna wait a couple of months and then go to genius bar if the blemish point starts to annoy me again. Otherwise, it's a keeper. Super fast, no lag. Screen is super uniform as well.

Week -43- October
Factory: F2 (China, Zhengzhou - Foxconn)

How can I know those production data?

Bezares

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
México
Caved in and got a 6S Plus again. This one is much better than the first one I had, although blemish point is still there faintly. I can only see it when I look for it, otherwise I don't pay attention to it. Gonna wait a couple of months and then go to genius bar if the blemish point starts to annoy me again. Otherwise, it's a keeper. Super fast, no lag. Screen is super uniform as well.

Week -43- October
Factory: F2 (China, Zhengzhou - Foxconn)

How can I know those production data?

jtwlbz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2014
I am going to return my 6s plus and wait for iphone 7 to see if they made if better. This is a pure design flaw for premium phone. That 3d touch ruined the display.

Farsider

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2014
London, UK
How long before you receive the replacement? The trouble is you will be waiting after you receive it for 2 months before you know the end result again!

The replacement arrived today. It's a Week 37 (my phone was a Week 36). Much better screen, with a more even backlight. It does have the blemish and there is a bright spot in the centre of the screen. Both of these are only visible when scrolling text up and down and following it with your eyes so no big deal. You're never going to get a perfect screen with LCD technology.

The good news is there are no dark horizontal shadows, no dark edges or corners, no uneven colour tint across the screen, no yellow stains anywhere and no weird wavy lines at the top of the screen.

I'm one happy girl and I'm glad I swapped it out. Hopefully it'll stay that way as it beds in.

KiraYamato

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2015
The replacement arrived today. It's a Week 37 (my phone was a Week 36). Much better screen, with a more even backlight. It does have the blemish and there is a bright spot in the centre of the screen. Both of these are only visible when scrolling text up and down and following it with your eyes so no big deal. You're never going to get a perfect screen with LCD technology.

The good news is there are no dark horizontal shadows, no dark edges or corners, no uneven colour tint across the screen, no yellow stains anywhere and no weird wavy lines at the top of the screen.

I'm one happy girl and I'm glad I swapped it out. Hopefully it'll stay that way as it beds in.
Upper and lower half still darker right? Pictures?

jtwlbz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2014

Check if headphone jack is loose

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.