Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by wdlove
Thank you MrMacman, it would not have happened without you being patient swith me along the process. Are uou talking about just removing the ABC? Is there an automac update, or to you just change daily? Which of these numbers do I use?

Score
177 (certificate)

User Rank

WU
4 (certificate)

since you say "abc points" use the "score"

at this point, 177..

there might be an automatic update, though it would probably be tricky to do... just do a daily or weekly update or something.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Just tried to get my points in my signature, but couldn't link it from the Stanford stats site. The points are listed as text. So you can't link to it unfortunately. If you can do it Mr. Macman, please let us know and give us an example!

jbeetz

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2004
Originally posted by Dreadnought
Just tried to get my points in my signature, but couldn't link it from the Stanford stats site. The points are listed as text. So you can't link to it unfortunately. If you can do it Mr. Macman, please let us know and give us an example!

This is a fairly popular "live" (automatically updated) source for putting your statistics into a signature line/webPage/whatHaveYou... includes all kinds of information and colors and stuff.

http://www.statgfx.com/

The plain version looks like this:

http://www.statgfx.com/statgfx/fold...mid=3446&trans=yes&template=fah_original&.jpg

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me to paste the image source link into this reply so you can see it directly -- I don't know if that has to do with my newbie-status-can't-post-pictures and all or not. So it may not work. But I've seen it used successfully in signatures on other boards so it can be done! (in theory :rolleyes: )

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Yeah sorry guys your gonna have to do it manually.

jbeetz -- There has been a thread on that image/sig creator...

But I too have been unable to get it to work... (check the thread in this forum).

As far as I know since we can't use images in our signatures anyway it serves no purpose.

wdlove -- I would just update your signature every week or so... I mean by the end of every week 2-4 work units of yours should be done, so.

Manuel is the way to go for now... :(

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Well today I have a WooHooo milestone. Project Rank # 62,187
Team Rank #389
Points 1,091
WU 31
+17

Thank you MrMacman! ;)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Dreadnought said:
Very Funny MrMacman. But that is not what I meant. The point shown to us by Stanford and folding.extremeoverclocking are text. If we could link to that, we always have our own points uptodate in our own signature! That would be cool!!

I agree, it would be very cool. Very confident that is anyone can figure out to make this work it will be MrMacman. The only way that it currently works would be to paste it in each post, that would be an annoyance. Occasionally though it looks great.

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
Dreadnought said:
Very Funny MrMacman. But that is not what I ment. The point shown to us by Stanford and folding.extremeoverclocking are text. If we could link to that, we always have our own points uptodate in our own signature! That would be cool!!

this bit of perl returns my points...
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

my $username = "shemp9999";

my $line = `curl -s [url]http://folding.stanford.edu/teamstats/team3446.html[/url] | grep $username`;

my @line = split("</TD><TD>",$line);

print $line[3];

i went as far as to create a CGI for it, but i dunno how to force that into a signature...

http://foxinfotainment.com/cgi-bin/pointer.cgi?shemp9999

(substitue your folding name for mine...)

http://foxinfotainment.com/cgi-bin/pointer.cgi?wdlove

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
wdlove said:
Your folding number of 87042 is really amazing. How long have you been folding? Will the above CGI still require the image option?

thanks. i started in early december 2003.

it does not create an image, only text. but i don't know how to get it inline on a signature...vb code does not seem to allow for "includes."

maybe someone else has an idea...

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
shemp9999 said:
thanks. i started in early december 2003.

it does not create an image, only text. but i don't know how to get it inline on a signature...vb code does not seem to allow for "includes."

maybe someone else has an idea...

Thanks o great one ;) (my hero)
I will play with it when I have some more time, maybe I figure it out one day...

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
shemp9999, how were you able to line up so many computers to do folding? That is really quit an amazing number.

Dreadnought, I look forward to your successful completion of the puzzle. It will be quit a boost to the folding team.

Then all we will need is the banner! :)

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
wdlove said:
shemp9999, how were you able to line up so many computers to do folding? That is really quit an amazing number.

i'm using a teeny percentage of available horsepower. i work at a place with a top ten renderfarm...:D

shemp9999

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
oaklandbum said:
Well either you're not very good at hiding it... or the facts that you live in the S.F. Bay Area and your site says you and 700 of your "friends" won the Oscar for best animated film are really good cover up for where you really are. :confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

ah foiled by the internet. :eek: go shrek :confused: i am going to have to kill you...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.