WORDPERFECT

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr_Brightside_@, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

is there any simple way to change wordperfect files into word?

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....I assume you are talking about doing this for free? There are a couple things you can try - download AbiWord (its a free word processing pgm) - it has an "open as Wordperfect" option and a save as Word option - it may do the trick if your document is not too complicated. You can also d/l an old Mac version of Wordperfect for free (I don't have the link handy but its been on the forums before so you could probably search and find it - you'll need Classic installed though as its an OS 9 era application.....oh yeah!

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Or, if possible, ask the sender to do the conversion. there's a save-in-Word-format option within wordperfect.

4. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

yeah i found the os9 version alrady and wouldnt have asked, but it wont convert the .wpd docs cuz they r from vers. 8 for pc.. nayway, ill try the other way, thanks

5. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

omg thank you so much duffman!!!!! i just dloaded abiword and it imported the wpd stuff fine!!!! i was going to have to cut and paste hundreds of files!!!