Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Have you tried to work using this combination? Have you experienced and issues and what might those be?

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
I have used Adobe CS6 - specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects, Indesign, and Photoshop. The only issue I have had is with Photoshop. I can do anything but print. If I go to print it just shuts down and there is no recovery.

I have just recently upgraded to Adobe CC and am having no issues at all. Photoshop CC prints just fine.

Just FYI - I did a clean install of Sierra then migrated my data and apps back from time machine.

Reactions: zoran

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
Yes, I have the whole suite but I don't think I have done anything with it since I upgraded. I have two computers that sit next to each other. The other one is a Windows 10 PC and I have then sharing drives. I tend to use the PC for the project that require illustrator and Indesign work which is all in the CS6 version. This is due to print issues.

The biggest problem I am having has to do with the drivers for the Canon copier we use at work. I had to update the drivers for Sierra and since then nothing from Indesign prints correctly and Photoshop crashes so it is easier to create print material on the PC.

I have put a ton of time into fixing issues that all came with Sierra. I even did a clean install of Sierra and that fixed nothing. But that is another topic.

When I get to work I will play with Illustrator and let you know what I find out.

Edit: I opened an old project in Illustrator CS6. Seems to be working fine. I did have to install Java 6 (Java for OS X 2015-001) first. But I messed with some text and a few elements then printed it to my Canon MG5200. I did not send it to our Canon Copier as it is currently running a big job.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
The reason im asking you these questions is because IlluCS6 has a bug on Yosemite and i wanted to know if im gonna be having it in Sierra also. Here in a thread ive opened you can see what im talking about.

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
I never had any issues in Yosemite or El Capitan with Illustrator. I had nothing like the problem you describe in the other thread. I can check tomorrow to be sure but I opened an Illustrator CS6 file and drilled down through the various folders and each column scrolled over ending with a brief preview. I don't remember anything being cut off and I would have noticed.

To be honest I had very little issues with Yosemite or El Capitan and any minor issues were fixed in updates. Now Sierra.... that has been an ongoing adventure.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I never had any issues in Yosemite or El Capitan with Illustrator. I had nothing like the problem you describe in the other thread. I can check tomorrow to be sure but I opened an Illustrator CS6 file and drilled down through the various folders and each column scrolled over ending with a brief preview. I don't remember anything being cut off and I would have noticed.

To be honest I had very little issues with Yosemite or El Capitan and any minor issues were fixed in updates. Now Sierra.... that has been an ongoing adventure.
Please, if possible do check the issue im describing with Illu CS6 in Yosemite. It would be great if you do not have it, id like to know about it and solve it on my Mac because its driving me crazy!

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
I went back and read your posts on the other thread. I included a screen shot of what I see when I go to open a file for illustrator CS6. There are no scroll bars but I honestly do not recall ever seeing them. I don't have anything running Yosemite or El Capitan so I can't go back to see if they were there before. I tend to just stretch the window to show what I want to see.

Attachments

• IllustratorOpenFileWindow.jpg
    IllustratorOpenFileWindow.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 138

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
In my case not even stretching the window can fix the problem. The preview image just isnt centered in the preview area, somehow its always cropped and only if the window is stretched significantly, only then can one see the preview! Anyhow thanks for trying!

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
Yeah, I don't know what to tell you. Unless you have used a large scaled display setting like for example: 1024 x 640. That would cause funny scaling issues.

I will say for reference sake I am using a Mac Pro with dual screens - a 24" and a 27" set at 1920 x 1080 for both.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Im on an iMac at 2560x1440px display, but it doesnt have to do with the display size cause ive changed settings and the same things occurs!!

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
No resolution is not an issue then. I am at a loss as to what the issue is. I had to move away from CS6 when I had a big project come in that was HD and CS6 would not import it saying it had a missing codex. I did a trial of CC and everything worked great so I had to bite the bullet.

I love CS6 mainly because it feels like a familiar stable friend. With CC they dropped more of the transitions and there is no Encore for burning DVDs which I do a lot so I have to use the CS6 version.

Also Media Encoder is slower in CC versus CS6 when encoding the same type of project. I find that really weird and annoying.

But when it comes to Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC, I like some of the new tweaks and thankfully they did not make big changes that cause me to have to figure out how to use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.