Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iEs

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Safari
I am an Apple 6S Plus owner. Waiting on my Jet Black 7 Plus in about a week or so.

Looking through all these threads on this forum you would think this new Apple phone is a total bust.

Let's hear some positive stories from phone owners that actually love their new phone. Please, help get our hopes up....

Tbh, everyone is going to have different feelings toward their new phones. Some have high expectations and so they should but we cannot let other people's judgment affect our decisions.

I preordered late and have a delivery date between 5-11th October. Reading some positive annexation comments, still wouldn't affect my decision on upgrading to the 7 plus!

I can't wait to get my hands on my new black 7 plus (256gb)

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Also went from a 6s -> 7 Plus. Absolutely love it. I have zero issues with yellow-gate or hiss-gate. My display is slightly warmer, but I have zero issues with that. Battery is okay, I was expecting more, but I am a heavy user so I still can't complain about 10+ solid hours of screen on time.

Jetcat3

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2015
I tried one out at a local AT&T store, and I loved it. I hated the taptic home button for about 30 seconds, then it became second nature. Super fast, awesome camera, and for some reason it felt better in my hand. Maybe I'm just imaging the build is a little tweaked as far as the glass and aluminum meet. Matte black is so gorgeous in person! Sick phone.

My wife got the 7 she loves it. I don't really get how you can improve the 6s/6s Plus without radically changing the design and screen technology but they seemed to have cranked it up a notch with the 7/7 Plus. Definitely not a must have upgrade for those on the 6s line but still in my opinion, the best overall smartphones money can buy.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
6S Plus to 7 Plus. Barely notice the difference. The 6S Plus is that fast.

In fact if I didn't payoff my 6S Plus I'd have stayed with it. Do like the Matte Black color but since I have a case I don't even utilize the best feature ha.

shox2k2

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Wichita, KS
I got just a 7 but I am jealous a little of the wife's 7+. We upgraded from the 6. I still think the 7+ would be too big for me but for just sitting around the house it'd be nice.

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
the iPhone 7 is a huge disappointment from what I've read and seen (especially with camera quality).. but nonetheless, I'm getting my Jet Black Plus tomm and will give it a test run for a week. If I'm not a fan, I'm going back to the Note 7 ...which is now explosion free! :D
How are you getting it tommorrow

alleggerita

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Singapore
I, for one, love the 7 Plus. It's a bit disappointing that the camera didn't steal the crown from Samsung but it's still fantastic. Design is also getting stale, Samsung is really pushing it hard in the design department. But then again, their phones may look nice but it's mostly just an evolution of the previous design so I don't understand why so many people are complaining that the iPhone has looked the same for 2 generations running (or 3 if you consider the 6s).

The speed bump is noticeable but as many have said we are really at our peak now and such processor gains are getting harder to detect now that apps launch in a split second. A few milliseconds saved are definitely not very noticeable but still welcomed nonetheless.

The ability to shoot in DNG is really very nice and I'm waiting for more camera apps to start supporting it. For now it's just Lightroom that allows me to shoot in DNG but it doesn't give me manual control which is maddening. Here's a shot in DNG and edited with Lr and Snapseed:

LzitUHH.jpg

I'm sure the red of a Ferrari will really give that P3 screen a workout. :D

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
There seem to be three main issues that I've heard so far. How much of an impediment they are, it's hard to tell exactly. How widespread exactly is also hard to determine, are they just a few cases fed to click bait media, or real wider issues?

#1. A camera lens that can be scratched, that doesn't seem to have a sapphire lens, although Apple states sapphire lens on the website.
#2. Hissing sound when the device is under load.
#3. Home button that takes getting used to.
(#4. Stock availability seems to have been constrained.)

EezyE

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
1. Phil Schiller confirmed in a tweet the camera and home button do have sapphire.

2. The 6s also had the same hiss. iMore and others have done stories on it.

3. I like the home button. It's also one less part that can fail.

4. I have no clue.

Reactions: Jetcat3

justdefend

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2015
The 7 is a minor update but I love all the improvements. Most noticeable is the screen which makes the old 6S Plus look washed out in contrast. The 7 has better black levels and saturation. Next is the Home button, which I loved at first press. The Level 3 Taptic pulse is enough to make it feel like a button, and there isn't a ring of dust that can seep through like the physical button. Finally, the speed is great and the A10 Fusion makes everything snappier.

c613m

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2011
Ottawa
I came from a 6 Plus and it's an awesome upgrade. Couldn't be happier.

Love the tactile feedback from the home button, camera is outstanding. It's noticeably faster than the 6 Plus and even faster than my iPad Pro 9.7".

I could go on, but I don't think I need to.

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
I always wonder why does everyone show the back of their iPhones in pics...are most people embarrassed of the front....the design is not that great anymore...even apples website pics are mostly the back

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I am an Apple 6S Plus owner. Waiting on my Jet Black 7 Plus in about a week or so.

Looking through all these threads on this forum you would think this new Apple phone is a total bust.

Let's hear some positive stories from phone owners that actually love their new phone. Please, help get our hopes up....

Wasn't it like this EVERY YEAR?

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Also went from a 6s -> 7 Plus. Absolutely love it. I have zero issues with yellow-gate or hiss-gate. My display is slightly warmer, but I have zero issues with that. Battery is okay, I was expecting more, but I am a heavy user so I still can't complain about 10+ solid hours of screen on time.

You found it worth it, then? I've been trying to figure out why I'm tempted to upgrade even though I only got my 6S a few months ago, and I've figure out that it's because I'm tempted by the better camera and the larger size of the 7 plus. I'm going to give it a good month or so due to stock availability and also because I have a trip coming up and then see whether or not I still want to upgrade, because I'd been thinking that I'd upgrade next fall instead.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR

Don't have the 7 Plus yet, but I love my 6s Plus and loved my 6 Plus so I have no doubt in my mind that I'll love the 7 Plus as well.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Got the 7 on release day, decided to get a Plus this morning when some were available at my local Apple Store.

The Plus is awesome, the 7 is a goner. Sorry Best Buy but my return is coming.

Reactions: Surf Monkey

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009

It's not a bust at all. Although I'm disappointed in many things like the humungous bezels I still really like it. I can't say I quite "love" it, but it's still an awesome phone to hold me over until the real revolution with the ip8. It just seems like Apple has been sinking a bit in features while Android has been rapidly rising, so I hope with the ip8 Apple establishes itself again. This year I still have that inner voice every once in a while telling me about what I'm missing out on. But nothing is perfect on either side.

Reactions: AppleRobert

Toby Ziegler

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2011
Gallifrey
I went from a 6S to a 7 plus and I'm pleased so far. I had a bit of buyers remorse last year after I didn't opt for the larger phone.

The camera, so far, is pretty solid. I've only taken a few pictures of the ducks outside my apartment, but the optical zoom is a nice touch. Swapping between lenses while zooming in video is noticeable, but there's an option to disable lens switching.

I've noticed the hissing noise from mine as well, but until there's an official explanation from Apple about it, I'm not too concerned.

All said, it's hardly a bust by any means.

P0stalTek

Suspended
Feb 25, 2011
Don't believe what many say here is happening to everyone. Many of us are very pleased with our iPhone 7's, my wife and I among them.

Naturally, human beings are more vocal in displeasure. I'm not saying their issues aren't valid either, but I am pleased with my upgrade from the 6 to the 7.

Tookums

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2016
I love Apple and I love IPhones. Kids have their video game and toys. This is our toy. I love upgrading every year and enjoying every iphone Apple makes. Had an iPhone since the iPhone 4, and have been hooked ever since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.