Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Sure? We're eight so m.lock would be the fifth vote, no? Anyway, fingers crossed.

Sythas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Québec, Canada
I'm ok with 5 then, I could switch your vote but, even if everyone not voting for QoS switch to moyank, QoS is still lynch, that's why I said 4.

Sythas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Québec, Canada
After they found the body of Don’t Panic, a frenzy started.

Ravenvii ask for a sign of god after debating if either Moyank24 or Queen of spade is a monster. The fire outside burst, illuminating all the Citadelle.

It did not take 1 minutes, and already poor Captain Queen of spade was in the same fire, burning to death.

Sadly, she was a simple Captain.

It's now NIGHT 3. You have up to TODAY 9PM EDT to send your actions.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
ouch, we got burned by moyank. liar.

----------

that was really dumb of me. i knew one of the first votes on koodauw was a wolf. either moyank, or twietee.

why the heck did we go with qos.

raven looks wolfy now.

my picks, moyank and twietee and they infected raven or tomorrow.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Crikey.

A busy day followed by a busy night. I have been busy over the Bank Holiday (Public Holiday) with family stuff.

So, we have lost Koodauw, (senseless lynching), TechGod, chrmjenkins (opportunistically clever killing), Don't Panic (strategic murder), and Queen of Spades (clever misdirection) - five individuals with four powers, and not managed to snag one wolf yet.

We know Moyank is one - not sure whether she is the alpha or the kami, but thus far, she has played us for fools, and done superbly at that.

This, at least two - if not three wolves in the mix.

Of the powers used, the collapsed was used the first evening - and I concur, seeing that as a clever opportunity to take out chrmjenkins; DP was murdered the following night.

Now, it is time to start pooling what we know, what we suspect, what we can deduce, and what conclusions we can draw.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
ouch, we got burned by moyank. liar.

Awesome my ***! I said she's a devil in disguise, no idea why I didn't follow that logic, wasn't too convincing I guess.

----------

raven looks wolfy now.

Or You. Or Pluto. Or Tomorrow (does he still play?). Or scepticalscribe. Me too from your perspective.

One last thing, sythas. I don't want to nit pick and it surely didn't make a difference now. But majority lock really should only be announced if the majority did bold the given name. You're right that within a 50/50 tie the person who'd be the first is going to be lynched, but there can definitely be occasions where changing votes could be a thing (because of new infos and whatnot). In this case a majority lock did occur so no problem either way.

----------

I believe that the Collapser was used to kill Chrmjenkins (not to protect or frame anyone).

Going through the thread now with a little time at hand: why do you think this? Especially while voting for QoS in the very same post who still was only one vote behind raven and chrmjenkins at that time? Should have kept voting for you my friend! :D

Sythas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Québec, Canada
One last thing, sythas. I don't want to nit pick and it surely didn't make a difference now. But majority lock really should only be announced if the majority did bold the given name. You're right that within a 50/50 tie the person who'd be the first is going to be lynched, but there can definitely be occasions where changing votes could be a thing (because of new infos and whatnot). In this case a majority lock did occur so no problem either way.

Thank you for your input! First time GG, so any informations is helpful! I will change my post and include your vote to QoS so we'll get a hard majority lock instead of a soft one ;)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Awesome my ***! I said she's a devil in disguise, no idea why I didn't follow that logic, wasn't too convincing I guess.

----------

Or You. Or Pluto. Or Tomorrow (does he still play?). Or scepticalscribe. Me too from your perspective.

----------

Going through the thread now with a little time at hand: why do you think this? Especially while voting for QoS in the very same post who still was only one vote behind raven and chrmjenkins at that time? Should have kept voting for you my friend! :D

I can only imagine that the collapsed power was used to enable a situation (the timely lynching of chrmjenkins) or avert the development of something else. It was a well timed and played use of that power.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Thank you for your input! First time GG, so any informations is helpful! I will change my post and include your vote to QoS so we'll get a hard majority lock instead of a soft one ;)

Ya, don't mind. It's less because of this game - which ran it's course I fear! - but because I hope you're running another one sometimes again! ;)

You do great by the way! :)

Me, not so much..:D

---

scepticalscribe, the collapsing power was used to make sure chrmjenkins got lynched, but why..I couldn't say. Would be interesting to know why Pluto is so sure about this.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Ya, don't mind. It's less because of this game - which ran it's course I fear! - but because I hope you're running another one sometimes again! ;)

You do great by the way! :)

Me, not so much..:D

---

scepticalscribe, the collapsing power was used to make sure chrmjenkins got lynched, but why..I couldn't say. Would be interesting to know why Pluto is so sure about this.

Yes, I am quite sure about that; my only question is whether it was positively aimed (in order to make sure chrmjenkins was taken out) or used defensively (in order to make sure a head of steam does not build up elsewhere……)

However, - from a viewpoint of reluctant professional admiration - it was extremely well used; the timing and execution were exemplary. The mark of an experienced hand…...

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Sorry, I was away from a computer this weekend - it took me a while to go through everything that's happened since. And it looks like it was a LOT. :eek:

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Welp, it's Day 192. I think I'm lost. Trust me to get done in and then get lost crossing this River of Styx. I ate the three-headed dog a week ago, but not sure how much longer I can hold out.

I saw a buoy with an arrow that said "City of Pandemonium 1/2 Mile" but I don't feel like excitement right now so I headed on in the other direction. It is a silly place.

I found some driftwood and fashioned a rudimentary peddle paddle wheel to my Scotch-bottle raft so I can at least ease the callouses from my cold dead fingers. I've named my humble vessel the "Oh My God My Hair Is On Fire" in preparation for my Number One Post-mortem Bucket List item when I get to the other side. Governor Weatherby Swan (you know, from that 3rd Pirate show-movie-thing) passed by the other day, still mindlessly staring ahead and refusing to be distracted by my shouts and calls, mumbling on about being cut from the script too early.

Well, gotta go now. The dolphin steak I prepared yesterday will go bad if I don't grill it up for dinner today. Some lemon pepper, a few fava beans...

PS send more Scotch. I need the empty bottle... to, um, replenish the, uh, prow of my raft.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Welp, it's Day 192. I think I'm lost. Trust me to get done in and then get lost crossing this River of Styx. I ate the three-headed dog a week ago, but not sure how much longer I can hold out.

I saw a buoy with an arrow that said "City of Pandemonium 1/2 Mile" but I don't feel like excitement right now so I headed on in the other direction.

I found some driftwood and fashioned a rudimentary peddle paddle wheel to my Scotch-bottle raft so I can at least ease the callouses from my cold dead fingers. I've named my humble vessel the "Oh My God My Hair Is On Fire" in preparation for my Number One goal when I get to the other side. Governor Weatherby Swan (you know, from that 3rd Pirate show-movie-thing) passed by the other day, still mindlessly staring ahead and refusing to be distracted by my shouts and calls, mumbling on about being cut from the script too early.

Well, gotta go now. The dolphin steak I prepared yesterday will go bad if I don't grill it up for dinner today.

PS send more Scotch. I need the empty bottle... to, um, replenish the, uh, prow of my raft.

Scotch, yes sir.

Any particular preference re year, vintage, maturity, or even specific regions, or label, or does one's palate become less capable of discerning the difference of such a thing as time passes (even in the Underworld?)

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Scotch, yes sir.

Any particular preference re year, vintage, maturity, or even specific regions, or label, or does one's palate become less capable of discerning the difference of such a thing as time passes (even in the Underworld?)

I've heard the 18-year Highland Park bottles have great buoyancy. I'll just have to resign myself to emptying them as quickly as possibly. :D

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

I've heard the 18-year Highland Park bottles have great buoyancy. I'll just have to resign myself to emptying them as quickly as possibly. :D

I'll do my level best to try to send some your way then.

Anything else grab your fancy? Lagavulin? Lophraig? Macallan (aged)? Glenvitet? We'll see what we can do to alleviate your situation…..

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
ask if their is a wolf in moyank or qos?

ALMIGHTY SYTHAS, I INVOKE YOU FOR I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK YOU, O YOUR ALMIGHTINESS!

THE QUESTION IS... DOES THERE LURK A WEREWOLF AMONG THE PERSONS OF QUEEN OF SPADES OR MOYANK24?

BEHOLD!!!

Let me try, best I can, anyway, to fill DP's shoes and over-analyze this:

rick (showing fantastic intuition) suspects that either moyank or QoS (or both?) are WW's.

ravenvii (after revealing his oracle power) asks the question, and BEHOLD!!! one or both is indeed a WW.

Unfortunately, we lynched the wrong person, but be that as it may - it seems to me that both rick and ravenvii are innocents. I'm basing it off of this: if ravenvii were a WW, I don't think he would ask a public question that would out his teammate. And I don't think rick would want the question asked if he were a WW, because he would have known for sure that one of the two he's asking about would be outed.

Hope our guard is still around. :eek:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I'll play the devil's advocate and say: rick, ravenvii and mo24 are the baddies.

They need a major f'up to lose this one - so why not have a bit fun. They have an excellent cover now - rick suggests, ravenvii follows (nobody interfered, I was cool with the question though but so was Moyank). Rick and ravenvii make sure QoS gets the head start, three votes with Mo...Pluto and me being the dummies. :D Probably somebody suspects them, but it'd be next to impossible gathering enough votes.

Dunno. Could be. Rick certainly plays as if there's no tomorrow while still insert the random question here and there. *shrugs*

----------

I might add that the Oracle coming out day3 is way late. And I say this as someone who doesn't like the Oracle role at all since it creates an extremely small pool of players which get voted for almost from the get-go.

Not meant to criticize ravenvii, not at all. Just an observation. As a wolf I wouldn't want to reveal my oraclesque powers day one. That I'm quite sure of.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Damn you guys! Wish I would have gotten here before you locked at 6:30am :/. Ah well. Good luck living comrades.

Yes; damn, indeed, and just a little too fast for my taste, but perhaps, inevitable once the scent of the hunt got in their nostrils, and others were able to misdirect deliciously.

Unfortunately, they picked the wrong choice from the pair offered.

I am curious as to the powers of those already dead - and we have quite a collection of innocent corpses.

More to the point, where is friend Plutonius in all this?

Last edited:

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
I'll play the devil's advocate and say: rick, ravenvii and mo24 are the baddies.

They need a major f'up to lose this one - so why not have a bit fun. They have an excellent cover now - rick suggests, ravenvii follows (nobody interfered, I was cool with the question though but so was Moyank). Rick and ravenvii make sure QoS gets the head start, three votes with Mo...Pluto and me being the dummies. :D Probably somebody suspects them, but it'd be next to impossible gathering enough votes.

Dunno. Could be. Rick certainly plays as if there's no tomorrow while still insert the random question here and there. *shrugs*

----------

I might add that the Oracle coming out day3 is way late. And I say this as someone who doesn't like the Oracle role at all since it creates an extremely small pool of players which get voted for almost from the get-go.

Not meant to criticize ravenvii, not at all. Just an observation. As a wolf I wouldn't want to reveal my oraclesque powers day one. That I'm quite sure of.

very far fetched for me. let go of me and concentrate on the others right now, or we dont have a chance. i think raven is very wolfy now.

how about some insight SS?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
very far fetched for me. let go of me and concentrate on the others right now, or we dont have a chance. i think raven is very wolfy now.

how about some insight SS?

Of insight I can offer little by way of succour.

My initial starting point would be to take a look at those who voted for Koodauw; and I am kicking myself for being first up to vote for chrmjenkins - I never thought that the collapse would take place in such a timely way.

Third, take a look at those who benefitted from QoS's accumulating votes.

Obviously, Moyank. I also harbour some suspicions of ravenvii, - possibly infected, and I would like to take a closer look at Plutonius.

Nevertheless, for now, I don't actually think rick is a baddie, unless he has been infected.

Moreover, while I have not ben an advocate of specials and those with additional powers revealing themselves too early - not least because they would present an inviting target - now would be a good time to contemplate the directed and intelligent use of whatever powers we have left remaining to us.

Bear in mind that we shall - more than likely - suffer another fatality this coming night.

So, as of now, we have lost Koodauw, TechGod, chrmjenkins, Don't Panic, Queen of Spades, and have only managed to identify one disloyal officer, namely, Moyank.

If the kami power is in play, not to mention the infection, we have a problem. From tomorrow, our numbers won't really add up.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.