Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
One last post and then I'll leave the thread for a good while. :D

Pluto hinted (#246) at knowing why the collapser acted the way he did without any further comment. Strange imo, because totally out of the blue.

Addendum: And I did ask Pluto specifically why he assumed that re collapser's motivation (#259) yet he chose to ignore that. Makes sense when you're the Seer, but then I question his latest posts. And I would have been a terrible infection candidate, I think that we all can agree on.

----------

There is the possibility of Moyank being the infected Seer of course, who shared that info with Pluto. Would be a good thing, because then she can't be the Kami as well. I'll spare me the time to think of all the swapping, morphing, leeching and whatnot powers which could be in play as well.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Ah, I'm not terribly surprised at my foul murder, as I have been expecting it for at least a day or two.

Well, I shall drink to the health of my fellow deceased, those who have already suffered at the hands of these foul miscreants.

Your virtual health, my friends, and thus, I raise my elegant 18th century crystal schooner full of aged port the colour of pale mahogany…..and salute you. Ave et vale.

Sythas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Québec, Canada
No one was quiet and reserved now. Accusations were flying….

On one side: Moyank24 and Ravenvii were accusing Captain Rick Snagwell of being a Monster.
And the other side: Tomorrow, Rick Snagwell, Twietee and Plutonius accused Captain Moyank23 of being a Monster.

Tomorrow said “Ok everyone! Let’s do this”

Rick Snagwell and Moyank24 were side by side, but both were grinning…. What an odd view.

Tomorrow said : “Moyank24, you’ll die for your crime!” then, he took a concealed musket, his precious Brown bass and point it to the face of Rick Snagwell. Just before firing the weapon he said :”oh, I bluffed!” grinning like a mad man…

At the same time, Plutonius jumped on the musket, modifying the course of the bullet directly in the face of Moyank24. She stubbled in the fireplace behind her, revealing her as a Monster as she died.

Tomorrow and Ravenvii were laughing….

Ravenvii then said, still laughing: “She’s nothing to us, a mere puppet, created by me... It’s been fun and all, but now you’ve used all your protection against us, we win anyway”

As they looked outside, 3 regiments stood in a pool of blood and corpses, looking more animals than human.

THE END, WOLF SIDE WIN!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
:D

Just handed in my resumée, got one helluva feedback..no way this is going to fly, Pluto! Way to ignore that one single question I'm asking you over and over again...how would you know why the collapser used his power with such certainty while nothing, nothing, hinted at what you suggedtef? Only if you'd be the seer, got seer info via pm or plain and stupid: you're a baddie.

If there really are three WWs (unlikely the infection wasn't activated but possibly blocked) there is one explanation which does work quite well too: you got way too cocky. But don't forget, villagers may or may not have lynching order or vote count manipulating powers, so even when playing 2v2 or 1v1 it's not impossible for us to still win this (if mo ain't no Kami)..

I won't calculate what hour I should have gone up so I could be on at the time you guys voted. I did vote as soon as i got up, made my coffee and read a little in the thread.

----------

God, all that for nothing. :D

Congrats, well played.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
No one was quiet and reserved now. Accusations were flying….

On one side: Moyank24 and Ravenvii were accusing Captain Rick Snagwell of being a Monster.
And the other side: Tomorrow, Rick Snagwell, Twietee and Plutonius accused Captain Moyank23 of being a Monster.

Tomorrow said “Ok everyone! Let’s do this”

Rick Snagwell and Moyank24 were side by side, but both were grinning…. What an odd view.

Tomorrow said : “Moyank24, you’ll die for your crime!” then, he took a concealed musket, his precious Brown bass and point it to the face of Rick Snagwell. Just before firing the weapon he said :”oh, I bluffed!” grinning like a mad man…

At the same time, Plutonius jumped on the musket, modifying the course of the bullet directly in the face of Moyank24. She stubbled in the fireplace behind her, revealing her as a Monster as she died.

Tomorrow and Ravenvii were laughing….

Ravenvii then said, still laughing: “She’s nothing to us, a mere puppet, created by me... It’s been fun and all, but now you’ve used all your protection against us, we win anyway”

As they looked outside, 3 regiments stood in a pool of blood and corpses, looking more animals than human.

THE END, WOLF SIDE WIN!

Very well run game, Sythas, and thank you for taking the responsibility of chairing, steering and running it.

Perhaps a post-script commentary - firstly, stating who had what roles - and secondly, giving the sequence of play as it occurred, would be interesting to see.

Superbly done, wolves, a great game, played superbly.

And a disaster, from the 'village', aka 'good officers'. Possibly people were out of practice, or else, (as I was) distracted and busy with personal commitments. Never mind. It was catastrophically dreadful, in that the 'good officers' -( or the 'village') - was/were never focussed, or coherent in their responses. And not particularly good at the basic business of thinking, never mind planning any sort of organised response.

That Moyank was not dealt with as soon as she had been identified as a wolf was inexcusable.

Anyway, great game wolves; warm congratulations on a game played with skill, and excellent tactical and strategic planning.

:D

Just handed in my resumée, got one helluva feedback..no way this is going to fly, Pluto! Way to ignore that one single question I'm asking you over and over again...how would you know why the collapser used his power with such certainty while nothing, nothing, hinted at what you suggedtef? Only if you'd be the seer, got seer info via pm or plain and stupid: you're a baddie.

If there really are three WWs (unlikely the infection wasn't activated but possibly blocked) there is one explanation which does work quite well too: you got way too cocky. But don't forget, villagers may or may not have lynching order or vote count manipulating powers, so even when playing 2v2 or 1v1 it's not impossible for us to still win this (if mo ain't no Kami)..

I won't calculate what hour I should have gone up so I could be on at the time you guys voted.

Alas, too late. Much too late, my friend.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
So Moyank wasn't the Kamikaze?

Is my math way off (likely) or what just happened?

A bit discouraging to see those who posted by far the least win this thing if you ask me but whatever. *shrugs*

Sythas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Québec, Canada
1. Scepticalscribe – Stretcher
2. Tomorrow – Kamikaze – Leech
3. Rick Snagwell – Swapper
4. Chrmjenkins – Bluff
5. Twietee – Collapser
6. Moyank24 – Undertaker
7. Plutonius – Soother
8. TechGod – Necromancer
9. Koodauw – Rioter
10. Don't Panic – Seer
11. Ravenvii – Alpha – oracle
12. Melrose – Guard
13. Queen of spades – Thug

---------------------------------------------------------

Melrose asked to be killed

Day 1:
Koodauw is lynched

Night 1:
Don’t Panic scan Plautonius
Moyank24 Scan Koodauw
Ravenvii Infect Moyank24
Wolfs kill Techgod
Tomorrow steal Chrmjenkins power

Day 2:
Twietee collapse deadline
Chrmjenkins is lynched

Night 2:
Don’t Panic scan Ravenvii
Moyank24 scan Chrmjenkins
Wolfs kill Don’t Panic

Day 3:
Ravenvii used is Oracle power
Rick Snagwell swapped Ravenvii and Don’t Panic powers
Queen of spades is lynched

Night 3:
Ravenvii scan Scepticalscribe
Moyank24 scan Queen of spades
Wolfs kill Scepticalscribe

Day 4:
Plutonius Block Moyank’s vote
Tomorrow Bluff is vote toward Rick Snagwell
Moyan24k is lynched

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Reading the final narrative, I suspect that Moyank was the infected wolf, and that the other two were ravenvii and Tomorrow.

But, in common with you, I would like to see a fuller account of what has transpired, one which would tell us who had what roles, along with a sequenced timetable of what happened each night - (and - perhaps - day)….

Edit: Wow. Thanks very much for that, Sythas, and once again, thanks for running what was an excellent game.

An image of swans comes to mind; all serene and elegant floating on top, masking the furious paddling which is taking place below the waves…..what an active world.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA

The game ends when the number of WW >= Number of villagers so technically the game was over after last night.

I used my soothing power today on Moyank which might have extended the game till tonight but for all intents and purposes it was all over.

I'm curious why Tomorrow didn't vote for Rick too ?

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir

A bit discouraging to see those who posted by far the least win this thing if you ask me but whatever. *shrugs*

No, Tomorrow was. I was the Alpha, and Moyank24 was the infected.

A great game, Sythas! Well done!

But if I can comment, I'd say this: the wolves are way too powerful this game. I mean, I was the oracle AND alpha? That shouldn't have been allowed.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Why >= though? Never had this before (see, no vet here). If it's equal it should/could be first come first serve, no? Especially now with all these powers so you never really know until it's over. But if that's the rule of the house, so to say, fine with me. Didn't know it.

----------

Agreed. Great game!

And sorry chrmjenkins....:D....I blame it on Koodauw though who should have voted me off and all this would have been an easy peasy win for the villagers.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away

Your math was way off, in part, due to superb play by the WW's. :p

By the tine the endgame had drawn near, everyone had pretty much figured out ravenvii and Moyank24 as werewolves (alpha and infected, respectively), but I had somehow flown almost completely under the radar.

I'm curious why Tomorrow didn't vote for Rick too ?

I actually DID vote for Rick. :cool: Let me explain:

By the time we ended up 3 wolves vs. 3 villagers, the game still wasn't over; that told us that either (1) the swapper was still in play, or (2) the reverber or the rioter were still in play, possibly doubling someone's vote.

I used the Bluff ability - which I conveniently stole from chrmjenkins - to make it appear that I voted for Moyank24, but I had actually cast my secret vote for Rick Snagwell. Two reasons why I did this - first, Moyank24 was already pretty much outed as a WW, so publicly voting for her takes heat off of me, and secondly, if it were to APPEAR that the vote was going to naturally go 4 to 2 against her, it would be less likely that someone else would use the reverber or rioter skill to double a vote against her.

What we hadn't counted on was the ability to save Rick Snagwell from the wolf kill, but fortunately it worked out for us anyway.

Well played, my fellow werewolves!

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
This was an....interesting game. :D

At the end there, I was wondering why I wasn't zapped by the Hunter the moment I was outed!

We have to play another one soon now that we have some of the rust off.

I also think it's hysterical that Rick suspects both me and QOS of being a WW in Every. Single. Game.

When I voted for Koodauw, I was a villager so there was no intent there! Sometimes a broken clock is wrong twice a day! ;)

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
well done sythas, and well played wolves.

although in honesty without the oracle/swapper blunder it would have very likely ended differently.

but it was entertaining to watch from the side, and very frustrating since i knew since night 2 that raven was one wolf and early on that moyank was one too. i did think that rick was the other wolf, though, so i was wrong there.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
1. Scepticalscribe – Stretcher
2. Tomorrow – Kamikaze – Leech
3. Rick Snagwell – Swapper
4. Chrmjenkins – Bluff
5. Twietee – Collapser
6. Moyank24 – Undertaker
7. Plutonius – Soother
8. TechGod – Necromancer
9. Koodauw – Rioter
10. Don't Panic – Seer
11. Ravenvii – Alpha – oracle
12. Melrose – Guard
13. Queen of spades – Thug

---------------------------------------------------------

Melrose asked to be killed

Day 1:
Koodauw is lynched

Night 1:
Don’t Panic scan Plautonius
Moyank24 Scan Koodauw
Ravenvii Infect Moyank24
Wolfs kill Techgod
Tomorrow steal Chrmjenkins power

Day 2:
Twietee collapse deadline
Chrmjenkins is lynched

Night 2:
Don’t Panic scan Ravenvii
Moyank24 scan Chrmjenkins
Wolfs kill Don’t Panic

Day 3:
Ravenvii used is Oracle power
Rick Snagwell swapped Ravenvii and Don’t Panic powers
Queen of spades is lynched

Night 3:
Ravenvii scan Scepticalscribe
Moyank24 scan Queen of spades
Wolfs kill Scepticalscribe

Day 4:
Plutonius Block Moyank’s vote
Tomorrow Bluff is vote toward Rick Snagwell
Moyan24k is lynched

Wow. This is like having a heart attack, the ambulance getting in a wreck on the way in, and finally the hospital just exploding when you arrive.

I was worried that wolves having extra roles would be bad with a lower player count, but those powers are just plain unlucky.

BTW, from the way my PM was written, I thought I had been blocked for the day, not leeched.

Wolves did a good job keeping everyone confused too. Hats off.

Last edited:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
i did think that rick was the other wolf, though, so i was wrong there.

I was quite sure of either him or Pluto being a WW. Changing with every post they wrote... :D

In hindsight, never trust an Oracle that late. If I weren't that desparate at that time I might have been more defensive..

How did you know about raven and Mo though?

----------

Wow. This is like having a heart attack, the ambulance getting in a wreck on the way in, and finally the hospital just exploding when you arrive.

lol

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
I was quite sure of him or Pluto being a WW. Changing with every post they wrote... :D

In hindsight, never trust an Oracle that late. If I weren't that desparate at that time I might have been more defensive..

How did you know about raven and Mo though?

----------

lol

i had scanned ravenvii, so i knew. He was my number one suspect after the collapsing event (although apparently for the wrong reasons: in fact, why did you collapse the dedline??). after sythas confirmed that raven was the wolf, when he asked the question and voted for QoS it was obvious Moyank was the other one.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
i had scanned ravenvii, so i knew. He was my number one suspect after the collapsing event (although apparently for the wrong reasons: in fact, why did you collapse the dedline??). after sythas confirmed that raven was the wolf, when he asked the question and voted for QoS it was obvious Moyank was the other one.

Also unlucky that QoS never had a chance to speak up.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Also unlucky that QoS never had a chance to speak up.

That was rather stupid. I blame myself for locking it, although I don't think we would have decided any other way. Sorry QoS.

(although apparently for the wrong reasons: in fact, why did you collapse the dedline??).

smh.gif

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004

I was worried that wolves having extra roles would be bad with a lower player count, but those powers are just plain unlucky.

Wolves did a good job keeping everyone confused too. Hats off.

yes and no.

first, they played well, so that counts a lot

second, we started without the guard (melrose) that is too much. the role is core for a reason and it should have been reassigned.

in addition, the confusion with the swap greatly helped the wolves. if the swap had been done correctly, raven would have been stranded without an official answer and therefore would have had a 'wholla lot of splainin to do', consider that i suppose i wasn't the only one who suspected him.

on top of that they did get a few more lucky breaks, with the necromancer gone on night one, me being the seer, the collapser inadvertently helping them and the swapper doing the same

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
on top of that they did get a few more lucky breaks, with the necromancer gone on night one, me being the seer, the collapser inadvertently helping them and the swapper doing the same

Yea, that was kinda breaking the back while trying to walk backwards through this game.

Just curious, why didn't you out yourself as the Seer Day2?

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012

Unlucky, bad calls, you name it.

The thing is with these extra powers the ability to PM becomes even more powerful. The stuff you can plan, coordinate and execute now - paired with a good bluff here and there - is hard to come by. I can't really recall how the other games of this type went - bit more balanced I guess, but tampering a bit with the roles after they got assigned (but not announced) could be beneficial - althouhg I guess some GG are strictly against this.

Or maybe a nightwatch could be reintroduced.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Fascinating.

A mixture of skill, good judgement calls, excellent timing, and a few lucky breaks, - which they took well - on the part of the wolves, and poor co-ordination planning and thought - along with a few poor decisions - by the village.

While the WWs were powerful, I have seen games where the power went the other way; it also depends on how assigned roles - and, which is sometimes even more important - when assigned roles are played and interpreted.

However, I agree with DP; once Melrose, with such an important core role, had withdrawn, his role most certainly should have been reassigned; it handicapped the village not to have it in play from the outset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.