Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

perlsyntax

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
Does anyone know where i can watch the WWDC 2015 online?Sorry i was not sure where to put this question:)

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Any Mac with Safari will be able to stream it and the event will be prominent on the Apple homepage. You might be able to watch from an iPhone or iPad also, and the Apple TV will have an Apple Events "channel" show up a couple days before the event (if it's not there).

perlsyntax

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
Any Mac with Safari will be able to stream it and the event will be prominent on the Apple homepage. You might be able to watch from an iPhone or iPad also, and the Apple TV will have an Apple Events "channel" show up a couple days before the event (if it's not there).

You mean the wwdc iPad app to.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
The WWDC app may be intended more for those going though it does say you can stream or download videos from previous events.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
Anytime from a week before to the morning of the event, if Apple is planning to stream the keynote (they are), they'll post a link on the homepage. If you have a Mac or an iOS device running any recent version of OS X or iOS, you'll be able to watch it there in Safari. Apple TV second generation and later will also show an "Apple Events" app with the WWDC 2015 artwork, which will allow you to stream the keynote live. As mentioned, you can also use the WWDC app on iOS devices to stream, if I remember correctly.

If you're on Windows or another OS and don't have any of the above devices, someone on the forums usually tracks down a URL the morning of the event which you can open in the VLC media player to stream it live almost as if you were on an Apple device. Keep your eyes peeled on the forum comments on front page posts before 10 AM Pacific June 8 if that's your situation. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.