Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Yeah. rats. I knew that we were not going to be only the second team to beat Chelsea at home under Mourinho. What are the rules about the UEFA cup places?? If Chelsea win overall, is it passed down to Wycombe??

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
Oh well... commiserations to Wycombe. Even Shevchenko scored. Twice. :(

Well, that's the £xmillion spent on him put to good use.

I don't know what would have been more shocking - Wycombe beating Chelsea, or Watford doing what I thought they would never do and winning another Premiership game :p

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Yeah. rats. I knew that we were not going to be only the second team to beat Chelsea at home under Mourinho. What are the rules about the UEFA cup places?? If Chelsea win overall, is it passed down to Wycombe??
I think it's only passed down to the losing finalists? Fret not though, if it's cup glory you're after next season there's always the Johnsons Paint Trophy. :)

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town

Yeah, we asked ourselves that questions many times in 97 when we got to the League Cup semi's and lost to Middlesborough.

I think it's near impossible I'm afraid.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Same thing happened in 01 with our run to the semis of the FA Cup. There we were unfortunate to lose to Liverpool as we played exceptionally and the got 2 lucky goals. Oh well, now we can concentrate on promotion though. Stop Stockport from overtaking us :D

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
®îçhå®?;3281978 said:
Oh well, now we can concentrate on promotion though. Stop Stockport from overtaking us :D
Have you met my friends Anthony and Stephen? :D

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
I knew that someone would bring that up :p If we miss out on promotion this season i think i might cry
The trouble this year is that the teams who came down from League 1 are all good sides with strong financial backing, so it looks like three of them will head straight back up again. Nice to see an "old" League 2 side like Lincoln in an automatic promotion spot though. Gives the rest of us hope. :)

I'm just glad that for once we're not down the other end of the table. Too many years of relegation struggles in our recent history.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
I'm just glad that for once we're not down the other end of the table. Too many years of relegation struggles in our recent history.

That is what we had in "Division 2" under Lawrie Sanchez. Now Martin O'Neil, he was a good manager and got us up into that spot

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
That is what we had in "Division 2" under Lawrie Sanchez. Now Martin O'Neil, he was a good manager and got us up into that spot
Sanchez wasn't that bad. I always thought it was when ITV failed to give you all the money they owed that things started going wrong. Just remember that we were suffering under Carlton Palmer at the time. That ought to put things into perspective :D

BTW, this should cheer you up a little. Take a look at the conflicting match reports from the County and Wycombe official sites. Makes you realise just how much spin goes into these things.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
BTW, this should cheer you up a little. Take a look at the conflicting match reports from the County and Wycombe official sites. Makes you realise just how much spin goes into these things.

Nice :D One i need to be a member for and Wycombe's, a server error. Now was the game really that bad that they can't baer to put up a match report??

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
®îçhå®?;3294792 said:
Nice :D One i need to be a member for and Wycombe's, a server error. Now was the game really that bad that they can't baer to put up a match report??
Register for free. It only costs money if you want to download the media clips, which you can't play anyway because they use Windows DRM.

I'm sure it's the server being overloaded by the legions of Wycombe fans logging on to see how their team got on. :)
Hmm. I think someone's just happy after Grimsby's result last night.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Got onto Wycombe's one. I didnt know that Betsy has left!! What a shame, he was a good player. Moved onwards and upwards

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
Well, from what I hear, it looks like Easter put in a performance of the type he did at County when he knew he was looking at a move away. Word has it there were 22 scouts at EP today. Whether they were all there for Easter I don't know.

Wycombe's recent league form is beginning to look a bit worrying now isn't it?

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Well, from what I hear, it looks like Easter put in a performance of the type he did at County when he knew he was looking at a move away. Word has it there were 22 scouts at EP today. Whether they were all there for Easter I don't know.

There was a rumour that a number of clubs sniffing round James Tunnicliffe, although obviously he didn't play today thanks to Rob Clare being fit again.

Ah, a comment from the Manchester Evening News seems to suggest Jason Taylor might not be with us long :(

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Word has it there were 22 scouts at EP today.

Allegedly, Blackburn Rovers were interested but i think that he will be moving on soon. And yes, Wycombe are looking quite bad recently. Just like last season; great start but tailed off towards the end

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
There was a rumour that a number of clubs sniffing round James Tunnicliffe, although obviously he didn't play today thanks to Rob Clare being fit again.

Ah, a comment from the Manchester Evening News seems to suggest Jason Taylor might not be with us long :(

Nah...Jim's quote seems to suggest he'll be around a while yet. Obviously, if a Prem/Championship club comes in with a huge offer, then the Trust just won't be able to turn it down.

He's signed up for two more years, and I feel pretty confident he'll be around to fulfill his contract.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.