Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flowstates

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2023
From what I can gather, although filters bear much less importance than within Analog photography, having one on seems to be integral to the "weatherproofing" of the device.

Are there any specific brands to recommend ?

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
This one works well and allows you to use the Fuji lens cap. I also have a Glimmer Glass filter for this camera, which I like better (but is a soft filter that creates some halation, so not an all-purpose filter) but then I can't use the lens cap. So if you want just basic protection and a slim profile, I'd go for the NiSi.

Were you able to source a camera?

Flowstates

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2023
This one works well and allows you to use the Fuji lens cap. I also have a Glimmer Glass filter for this camera, which I like better (but is a soft filter that creates some halation, so not an all-purpose filter) but then I can't use the lens cap. So if you want just basic protection and a slim profile, I'd go for the NiSi.

Were you able to source a camera?

Thank you !

Yes, it is a neat device and the punch in crops (a function I ignored existed) are quite nice with the 40MP sensor. I find it defaulting to quite low shutter speeds at times, but this must be fiddled with I gather.

EDIT: All accessories seem to be out of stock the time being, I had to purchase a grip and a thumb rest ... the ergonomics on the camera are awful for my big hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: mollyc

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
Well when you get it all sorted, come back and share some photos!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.