Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
My three super-powers?

1. The ability to retrieve immediately and at will, any object I'm looking for in my bag.

2. A gentle force field that would enable me to glide effortlessly through the crowded Underground on my way home from work.

Now this is difficult... could be a form of housework telekinesis but I'll settle for:

3. An uncanny and infallible knack of finding shoes that fit perfectly and look great within seconds of going into a shoe shop.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
1) The ability to fly.
2) The ability to surf the net/watch tv/watch movies mentally, without being wired up.... you'd never be bored again... imagine meetings... :D
3) The ability to control time: Go back in time, slow down time, speed up time.

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
okay, so with Heroes now on... any new ideas?

Hiro totally has Zach Morris's power. That Hanna girl's power is awesome too, along with Micha's.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
1 super stretchy penis
2 ability to fall aseep anywhere
3 ability so i never have to pee

haha awesome

mine are (well wishes)

1) to become a prince
2) to become prince again after my wish of having jasmine fall in love with me failed

3)free my genie

but really in terms of powers

1)morph into anything
2) time travel and become a billionaire
3) control minds lol

erickkoch

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2003
Kalifornia
1. Ability to eat anything I want without gaining weight.

2. Ability to guess the age and weight of anybody just by looking at them.

3. Ability to understand women.

Worst - superpowers - ever!

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
1. Telekinesis.

2. The ability to be able to wear your underwear on top of tights and to still be taken seriously as a crime fighter.

3. Err...

:cool:

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
What a great idea for a thread :)

1) Teleport - Obviously anywhere in the universe would be good, although you'd need to know what the conditions are where you're going, hence #2
2) Omniscience about any one subject whilst concentrating - Know the consequences of own actions, what others are thinking, where bad things are happening, and conditions at teleport destination. Only when concentrating though. Everyone needs a night off.
3) Manipulate any matter within a certain range. Harden own body to invincibility level, break/destroy weapons/vehicles of adversaries, heal others, fix stuff just by concentrating on how to fix it then manipulating the atoms to a fixed state etc.

Those just about cover it I think.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
The ability to tell if an object is upright or level to within a gnat's whisker
The ability to do without sleep, food, clothes and footwear
The ability to find my way without ever asking for directions

Those are the superpowers I already have. I don't really need any more.

noaccess

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2005
1. Ability to eat anything I want without gaining weight.

2. Ability to guess the age and weight of anybody just by looking at them.

3. Ability to understand women.

Worst - superpowers - ever!

Worst? Nahhh, the first one's brilliant! I'd love that. :D

Aside from that, I'd go with telekinesis and being able to turn happy (the ultra-peaceful, relaxed type) , energetic, friendly anytime I want, no matter what.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Wouldn't we all like to start life over again but retain the knowledge we have now? We'd know all the right choices to make!

Hmm.... on second thought, it wouldn't work. We'd be labeled precocious, skip primary school, and go straight to college, so it wouldn't really be living our same lives over again. And it would be starting in 2007, not when we were born, so the world around us would be different.

And even if you stuck to your original life in the original years, as soon as you made one different decision based on your extra knowledge, that would change your path, so your other memories might not apply. And if you stepped on (or didn't step on) a butterfly, MacRumors might never exist!

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
And it would be starting in 2007, not when we were born, so the world around us would be different.
Yes, so the knowledge not to invest in a Betamax would be useless. As would knowing that Bridgett Jefferies (no, not her real name) from high school would have slept with me, since she'd be 55 by the time it would help me.

As for my superpowers:

1) True Multi-tasking. I'd like to be able to focus on work as well as post here.

2) Able to withstand both extreme heat and extreme cold without adverse physical problems.

3) Empath. You know, like the one in Star Trek where she can take other peoples' maladies and then "repairs" herself.

4nr-

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2006
Göteborg, Sweden
1. Freeze and unfreeze everything, including time. Except for myself that is.
2. Fly
3. To be able to say "no", I consider that a superpower

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
1) True Multi-tasking. I'd like to be able to focus on work as well as post here.

2) Able to withstand both extreme heat and extreme cold without adverse physical problems.

3) Empath. You know, like the one in Star Trek where she can take other peoples' maladies and then "repairs" herself.

These 3 are so me. Not quite to the super power level and not as much as they used to be but I can run separate tasks with each hand and focus on multiple tasks. Not perfectly but fairly well.

Hot and cold tolerance aren't what they used to be, but I still fly bacon with my bare fingers and pull single strands of spaghetti out of a pot. No more walking barefoot in the snow sadly.

As for the empath... Well not so much. Good at sensing where the problem is but not beyond that.

I miss being tough.

AliensAreFuzzy

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2004
Madison, WI
Mine would probably be:

1) Jedi power (with a light saber, of course)
2) Fly (Superman style, no worries about lack of Oxygen, G-forces, etc.)
3) Teleportation (kinda like a better version of Night Crawler's)

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
1. Shapeshifting ability
2. Ability to slow down time for everyone and everything else
3. Longer lifespan (500, 600 years? I dunno.)

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
1) I wish I had a giant penis that would get a powerful erection extremely fast and work like a demolition hammer.

2) I wish I had a giant penis that would maintain extraordinary hydraulic pressure for extended hours at a time and have these enormous bulging blood vessels.

3) I wish I had a giant penis that would ejaculate a full gallon of semen at a time.

Of course if I had a penis like that I would have to get the rest of my body in shape in order to handle the added physical stress. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.