Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EdwardGreene

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2009
Rocky Mount, NC
Does anyone miss the old YouTube icon? 🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻🙋🏻‍♂️

FcCApgeaIAA_lgR
Not really, no.

Aftermath747

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
I think you can save lots of money by downloading Adblocker. This one is really good. Skips all ads instantly.

Only works if you’re watching in a browser. About 99% of my YouTube watching is in the app, whether it’s iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV.

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
I really don't like paying for YouTube Premium. I feel like the price can be lowered. $4.99 per month maybe?
Yes.. $12 a month is way too much for a simple no-ads on a popular streaming platform. I dislike subscriptions as-is, but even $10 a month is a cuter way to say $120 a year. Plus, I think the price is nearer to $15 a month on iOS thanks to the Apple tax.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Yes.. $12 a month is way too much for a simple no-ads on a popular streaming platform. I dislike subscriptions as-is, but even $10 a month is a cuter way to say $120 a year. Plus, I think the price is nearer to $15 a month on iOS thanks to the Apple tax.
The worst part for us is we started the Family Trial for like two say before we got the price increase message. And it was a substantial amount; we were canceling as quickly as we could find how. It actually seemed reasonable before the increase.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
Does anyone have an adblocker that works with YouTube on mobile Safari?

uBlock origin doesn’t have iOS support.
Use Adguard or Adguard Pro app and enable in Safari Settings... You can also enable additional filters within Adguard app...

Or as last resort you can visit youtune.cc instead of the official YouTube website...

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Yes.. $12 a month is way too much for a
It depends, for me it’s the only service I don’t mind paying for. I listen to music and white noise for hours at a time. I watch podcasts or listen to it (the fact that you can listen to a video with your screen off is invaluable for me). Recipes. Books. Movie reviews. Lots of content that I - and my whole family - use everyday in multiple ways.

Reactions: pbdnr

klrobinson999

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
Honestly, YouTube Premium is the only streaming service I find value in day-after-day. YouTube creators put out so much quality content across such a wide array of subjects and interests. I find myself watching YouTube on my Apple TV more than Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+, Prime, and HBO Max combined.
I'm the same... YouTube is the app I watch most consistently. Well worth the $11.99

klrobinson999

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
“the ability to continue watching a video where you left off when switching devices”

Eh? What? That’s something it’s always done as it’s a standard YouTube account feature, I’ve done that many times between iPad, iPhone and LG TV app.
Yeah. This isn't new and was available to anyone. Are they putting this feature behind the paywall?

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
How long before Apple reject the next YouTube app update? System feature like SharePlay can’t be put behind the paywall on iOS. This was the issue with Picture and Picture and instead of making it a Premium feature on iOS, they had to turn it on for all users since it was a system feature when it came out of beta.
YouTube still only provides PnP for Premium subs here. The big apps always get away with their crap it seems.

I certainly hope Apple hammers them down in this case... SharePlay is simply too good to be locked away behind a paywall.

Reactions: dchronus

sharksftw

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2020
I don’t get it. So enhanced 1080p is better than 4k? What’s the point of offering 4k then?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.