Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
In a couple of years, it's full circle….. "subscribers" will be paying a total of like $200-$250 monthly costs for all their various social media "prime" and "plus" services and streaming services. These are the exact same people that were hypocritically claiming themselves to be proud (cable service) "cord cutters". :rolleyes:

Reactions: I7guy

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
You know you screwed up when your streaming customers are saying things like "May as well go back to Comcast at this price". Youtube TV's biggest win with customers was the price. Now, it's just another streaming service.

Seriously. I cut DirecTV satellite service and I signed up for DirecTV Now which was only $10/month after my discounts. Now they are up to $25/month after my discounts. It's getting ridiculous!

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Seriously. I cut DirecTV satellite service and I signed up for DirecTV Now which was only $10/month after my discounts. Now they are up to $25/month after my discounts. It's getting ridiculous!

$15 is ridiculous? Seriously? $15 extra for access to hundreds of content?

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
In a couple of years, it's full circle….. "subscribers" will be paying a total of like $200-$250 monthly costs for all their various social media "prime" and "plus" services and streaming services. These are the exact same people that were hypocritically claiming themselves to be proud (cable service) "cord cutters". :rolleyes:
For the reason you mentioned I would rather keep my cable subscription. I have access to almost every premium channel on my phone through an app. Lots of space for recording shows and easy to fast forward.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.