Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

green94

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
Me thinks some cable cutters aren’t saving as much money as they intended.
I pay $95 per month:

$35 for Youtube TV
$60 for Xfinity internet - 100MB

Saving at least $30+ dollars per month.
[doublepost=1520947258][/doublepost]
Maybe we are talking past each other - Were you saying you've never seen 30fps or never seen 60fps?
[doublepost=1520907343][/doublepost]
Everything for me has always been 60FPS

wolfshades

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2007
Toronto, Ontario Canada
There was a time I complained YouTube Red wasn't available in Canada. I had no idea it costs so much to begin with, never mind this outrageous price increase. Now YouTube can keep their Red. I'll be surprised if Canadians in general will ever flock to it, if it ever does make it here.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
They can raise it to $100/month and it won't make a difference to me. They don't offer it in my area.

It would be nice, though, if they offered an introductory price when they open up a new location.

rjtyork

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Damn, I’m living easy. $45/month for 100mbps at home with Cocks, $60/month for 2 phone lines with T-Mobile, comes with free Netflix and unlimited talk text web. I have an antenna, but I’ve literally been 100% Netflix for over 2 years now. Never seeing the news is an added bonus. It sucks to see how much some bills are.

sirozha

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2008
I would just say that the sports offering looks very similar to what PlaystationVue offers in their Core package at $45/mo. A bunch of channels come under the ESPN banner, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNNews,ESPNU,Big10Network, SECnetwork. And a bunch come under Fox, FS1, FS2, FSPlus. And then you have NBC, with NBCSN, and the Olympic Channel. And, then some standalone like NBAtv, but I don't see NFL channel, which PSVue has.

For me, the big difference is PSVue has 5 simultaneous streams, while YTTV only allows 3. If you watch 2 games at once, or have a family, being able to watch more than 3 streams simultaneously is crucial. Only PSVue, as far as I know allows that.

The DVR feature is longer for YTTV, 9 months instead of 1 month. That's very useful on PSVue, compared to SlingTV or DirectTV, etc.

But most importantly, I'd rather not give Google more info about me or my family. PSVue works great.
You watch two games at once? Multitasking!

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
Damn, I’m living easy. $45/month for 100mbps at home with Cocks, $60/month for 2 phone lines with T-Mobile, comes with free Netflix and unlimited talk text web. I have an antenna, but I’ve literally been 100% Netflix for over 2 years now. Never seeing the news is an added bonus. It sucks to see how much some bills are.

You're really living easy in that you don't need/want the cable sports channels.
That's the only reason I subscribe to anything (just YTTV).

For the longest time I was just using logins from family on the Apps, but the YTTV streaming experience has been so good and so performant that I decided to jump on the $35 plan and give it a run this year.

RobNYC

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2008
New York, NY
I dropped my cable package from Fios and got 50/50 internet for about $52 and change, that is including fees. That wasn't a bad deal as far as internet goes and there's no data caps. So I ended up going to DirecTV Now because they had 60 channels for only $35 and if you wanted to add on HBO it was only $5 a month.

Over all I'm saving about $40 a month doing this. I have issues with the usability of the DirecTV Now app but considering I can still basically watch all the stuff I wanted to watch it's been a good deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.