Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrSMC

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2011
Shameless ZUM branding above the Apple logo kills it for me...

The ZUM logo does not bother me at all. It is transparent and it doesnt like some cheap printing logo. used it for a few days... so far i am very happy!!

MrRon

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Miami, FL
Ordered zum from Amazon.. .and should get it early next week... my girlfriend is using the belkin back cover now... and the iPad 2 was detached from the smart cover. She was lucky and the iPad 2 fell on the carpet. So definitely we need something to prevent this from happening again!!!

MrRon

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Miami, FL
Wow.. the case arrived earlier than expected.... just arrived this morning....

put it on and it fits just like a real skin for the ipad 2... top quality product... will definitly buy from zum again ....

my girlfriend is so happy and she feels way more comfortable than the belkin case that she was using.... of course .... i got a big kiss from her too :D

dqfayi

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2011
I DO have some dark grey "metal dust" from where the hinge is rubbing together and wearing a bit, but that isnt with the iPad itself.being that the case is whitish-clear, I am surprised that dirty fingerprints have not shown up yet after a few weeks of use...
where can I buy this in London?

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
9ca4cb96.jpg

bac1b022.jpg

f03b935d.jpg

a813108f.jpg

Display Model: Do Not Remove From Store

Jasmynp

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
East Coast, USA
Got the Zum today in frost along with a black smart cover. Love it! Give thenipad protection without sacrificing form factor and weight. I should have done this all along.

guitarguy316

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
Are the edges covered or does the case only come up to the side? I like the look of this case but wondering about edge protection.

Jasmynp

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
East Coast, USA
Are the edges covered or does the case only come up to the side? I like the look of this case but wondering about edge protection.

The edges come up to but do not cover the bezel. The corners are covered right up to the bezel too. The Zum case couldn't come up higher or it would interfere with the smart cover's ability to lay flat.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
my ipad 2 fell a week ago.....so when it returns from repairs i want it covered in a good case. this sounds like a fun case because its tiny and locks the smart cover wich i also like....but what about drop protection? can it make my ipad 2 survive a crash of 1 meter on a road?
I dont care if that would damage the case. il simply buy another one. As long as the ipad 2 will survive. or will the 1mm profile of this case be to thin?

If its to tiny what can you then recommend me? i want or a blue or a transparant case also with the smart cover lock.

thanks!

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
my ipad 2 fell a week ago.....so when it returns from repairs i want it covered in a good case. this sounds like a fun case because its tiny and locks the smart cover wich i also like....but what about drop protection? can it make my ipad 2 survive a crash of 1 meter on a road?
I dont care if that would damage the case. il simply buy another one. As long as the ipad 2 will survive. or will the 1mm profile of this case be to thin?

If its to tiny what can you then recommend me? i want or a blue or a transparant case also with the smart cover lock.

thanks!

I can't see this holding up to well in the way of drop protection, it's more for the security of the smart cover. IMO I don't think it would protect the iPad too much from a 1m drop onto Ash-vault, but I am not going to test it for you! :)

Since it sounds like the drop protection is a big deal for you i'd recommend one of the Otterbox cases for your iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.