Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TXAGS

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2011
College Station, TX
Excuse me but I can put the smart cover and roll it like a book front cover to the back if that makes sense?.

hope this can answer your question....

Attachments

• ???? 2011-11-12 1.21.46 AM.png
    ???? 2011-11-12 1.21.46 AM.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,410

rirawin

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2008
Nope not like that but the smart cover wrapped round a back say like a newspaper if that makes any sense?

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I have about 15 cases, all the way from a true carbon fiber DRO concepts covers to many bookcase portenzo type cases. I think my Zum/Poly/icarbons smart cover is about the best combo I own. I travel for a living and make about 10 flights/hotels a month.

1. the smartcover is the most thin, precision cover I own. fits perfectly and is handy in all situations. Both cover and zum fit precisely.
2. the Zum protects the back and locks cover on. Also very easy to take off without "wearing" edges so long term the fit suffers. I have this in a lot of other cases/covers - take them out every day, and the "nubs" or whatever holds it in, wear down. Not so with Zum.
3. the combo of the two lets the ipad slide in an out of my timbuk2/waterfield bags better than other bulky or sticky cases. This is huge when you are retrieving from under air seats.

I'm done buying until the ipad3. I need to garage sale my other cases...
85d18821.jpg

9523e51d.jpg

Last edited:

toonarmymad

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2011
I ordered three,one each for me,my wife and my son
They are a very good product,very functional
Thanks

dugbee

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Just got my iPad over the weekend, with a Smart Cover. ZUM should be here tomorrow. (thanks Amazon Prime!)

I'm wondering how folks carry their iPad to/from work. I take a backpack to work, but the iPad alone in there would have it flopping around. Wondering if there are any hard outer cases that would accommodate the iPad with the Smart Cover and ZUM? By that I mean something for transport only, in case there are books and such in my bag. I wouldn't take it from meeting to meeting.

Thanks for the info about the ZUM, OP & all!

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Just got my iPad over the weekend, with a Smart Cover. ZUM should be here tomorrow. (thanks Amazon Prime!)

I'm wondering how folks carry their iPad to/from work. I take a backpack to work, but the iPad alone in there would have it flopping around. Wondering if there are any hard outer cases that would accommodate the iPad with the Smart Cover and ZUM? By that I mean something for transport only, in case there are books and such in my bag. I wouldn't take it from meeting to meeting.

I got an inexpensive sleeve just for this scenario. It give it some cushion and I can put the whole ipad in it, smart cover, zum and all.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/slipcase-ipad.php

dugbee

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Thanks for the sleeve suggestions. Jplusc - do you happen to know which sleeve you have? The SF Bags do look nice, though I'd probably go for the Ultimate Sleevecase, since it closes - doesn't look like the Slip Case has a zipper or other closure. (while it will remain in my backpack most of the time, I suppose if I had to take it to a meeting outside of my building I'd want more protection.)

Ah well, decisions. At least this thread made the ZUM decision easy! Mine will be here today!

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Has anyone found these local? Their site says best buy is a retailer that carries them yet its not on their website.

sd13

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Has anyone noticed any yellowing effect on the frost colored ZUM case as found on similar translucent cases for the iphone? This looks like the perfect solution if its not susceptible to any yellowing which would be a dealbreaker for me.

LTMK

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
NY, NY
Has anyone noticed any yellowing effect on the frost colored ZUM case as found on similar translucent cases for the iphone? This looks like the perfect solution if its not susceptible to any yellowing which would be a dealbreaker for me.

I have used the Zum case for more than 2 months.. still like new. But I just got a new smart cover last week... getting dirty and very hard to clean

GoTexans

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2011
Looks like this is an option. I had my smart cover at the beginning and just worry about the accidental detachment issues. So it was in my storage for the last few months. I am using a targus cases, but it's way too bulky.

Ordered one and see if it's really that good

Synergie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Halifax, Canada
Everyone seems so gaga over the ZUM.... can someone point me to the iPhone one?? I have this slightly OCD thing where I want my cases to match between both devices. I passed on this case before for the iPad when I was looking, because I couldn't find the matching iPhone case for it.

Also does ZUM make one that is not translucent? I prefer solid neutral colours like white, metallic, etc. I don't really like the jelly-like look of the translucent plastic coloured ones (not saying they are jelly cases... just that they look like the jelly cases from photos / from a distance, except for maybe the white one)

And how much does the hinge stick out? I can barely fit my iPad2 in a COACH slip case I bought, with the current very thin profiled Moshi case I have along with the smart cover. Its a tight fit. Does the interlocking hinge stick out further on the side, than the smart cover alone?

Thanks

Synergie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Halifax, Canada
While it's translucent, my Incipio NGP in Mercury Gray:
http://www.myincipio.com/iPhone-4-4...4-4S-NGP-Matte-Semi-Rigid-Soft-Shell-Case.asp

...matches quite well with the ZUM, SmartCover, gray/black Wedge-E, and Belkin Zip sleeve. :)

I would estimate that the hinge cover adds about 1mm in thickness to the hinge itself.

I DOUBT I will trade my COACH sleeve for a Belkin ;) That's downgrading! Even 1mm extra would make it impossible to zip shut so that clenches it right there. It's a tight squeeze now on the zipper with just the smart cover sticking out on the side.

rjhellma

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2009
Owner of a Smart Cover + Zum combo for 2+months now. I have to say that I really like what it offers, but do have a complaint.

I find that when utilizing the Smart Cover for video viewing (on an airplane for example), the iPad can easily be pushed over without much effort.

Does anyone else have this same issue?

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Received mine on Thursday after ordering on Amazon. I am very happy. I was looking for a folio since I have been using mine at work now... but couldn't find one I liked. Since I already had the smart cover this sounded like the perfect solution. I couldn't be happier with it.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Owner of a Smart Cover + Zum combo for 2+months now. I have to say that I really like what it offers, but do have a complaint.

I find that when utilizing the Smart Cover for video viewing (on an airplane for example), the iPad can easily be pushed over without much effort.

Does anyone else have this same issue?

and it's much more stable without the zum?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.