Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicmocc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
hey guys,

alright, I ive been doing a lot of reading and youtube movie watching on how to install a new theme on my iPhone 2.2.0. But I still dont have my answer.

Now the theme I want is iGlassSol...but it is no longer available on Cydia to download....so I downloaded it as a .zip file. I have extracted the contents of it and saved it on my desktop.

I am using Cyberduck to transfer the folder by SSH onto my iPhone. and yes I already downloaded OpenSSH and Automatic SSH from Cydia. So I have all of this working so far.

Now my problem comes here....where the hell do I put this folder???
I have been reading that I need to put it in /Library/Themes. So thats what I did...Then I went into Winterboard, clicked on the theme, restarted my iphone and NOTHING CHANGED.

and another thing I was reading was saying to place the folder in /private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes ....but I dont have the SummerBoard directory on my iphone...

If anyone knows how to help me, please do!!! lol
Thanks sooo much!

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
hey guys,

alright, I ive been doing a lot of reading and youtube movie watching on how to install a new theme on my iPhone 2.2.0. But I still dont have my answer.

Now the theme I want is iGlassSol...but it is no longer available on Cydia to download....so I downloaded it as a .zip file. I have extracted the contents of it and saved it on my desktop.

I am using Cyberduck to transfer the folder by SSH onto my iPhone. and yes I already downloaded OpenSSH and Automatic SSH from Cydia. So I have all of this working so far.

Now my problem comes here....where the hell do I put this folder???
I have been reading that I need to put it in /Library/Themes. So thats what I did...Then I went into Winterboard, clicked on the theme, restarted my iphone and NOTHING CHANGED.

and another thing I was reading was saying to place the folder in /private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes ....but I dont have the SummerBoard directory on my iphone...

If anyone knows how to help me, please do!!! lol
Thanks sooo much!

You put them in the wrong location. :) This helped me:
"WinterBoard themes should be installed at: /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx Where .xxxxxx will be a series of random letters and numbers. On three different installs, my folders were called Themes.rUGqw2, Themes.shiHte, and Themes.3Oxlbn. Note: You may see instructions telling you to place your themes in /Library/Themes. This is symlinked to /private/var/stash. " (http://www.hackthatphone.com/20/themes_with_winterboard_section2.html)

After you transfer the files, activate the theme in Winterboard. :)

nicmocc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
ok bad news...still not working...

so this is what I did.
I copied the iGlassSol folder into /private/var/stash/Themes.charR0 by SSH.
then I went into winterboard, I clicked on iGlassSol, then clicked the home button,waited for it to load, and nothing changed...
I tried restarting my iphone...still nothing...

why is it not working???

You put them in the wrong location. :) This helped me:
"WinterBoard themes should be installed at: /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx Where .xxxxxx will be a series of random letters and numbers. On three different installs, my folders were called Themes.rUGqw2, Themes.shiHte, and Themes.3Oxlbn. Note: You may see instructions telling you to place your themes in /Library/Themes. This is symlinked to /private/var/stash. " (http://www.hackthatphone.com/20/themes_with_winterboard_section2.html)

After you transfer the files, activate the theme in Winterboard. :)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
On my iphone, winterboard themes go in /Library/Themes/xxxx.theme, where "xxxx" is the name of the theme.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
also, I don't know if this might help by this is where I downloaded the theme from.

http://www.theskindrop.com/skins/iphoneipod-touch/jesse-cheema/iglasssol

Ahh, I see your problem. You downloaded an old Customize theme, not a Winterboard theme. You'll need to Google around for proper placement of the theme or convert the file locations in the zip file to work with Winterboard. I know Winterboard will work with Summerboard themes, but I'm not sure if Customize had its own format or followed Summerboard's format.

nicmocc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
I GOT IT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

so the problem was the actual file. I downloaded another one and it worked 1st shot!

Thanks everyone who helped out.
very appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.