Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDHXXX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
Is there anywhere were I can get the wallpaper of the mountains and the shooting things in the sky? It would look great on my 27"

genu1ne

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2007
iPad Wallpaper

Hi, can someone send me a link to the new wallpapers used on the iPad ?
Thanks in advance :cool:

Richard Cooper

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2010
New York City, NY
iPad Wallpaper

I have seen several sites with iPad formatted wallpaper (1024x1024) but when you crop them to 768 pixels either right to left of top to bottom of the image (person's head) gets cut off. Does anyone know of an easy way to correctly create wallpapers for the iPad so that they won't get ruined when the device is turned?

Please Advise

Richard Cooper

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2010
New York City, NY
But

What if you don't want a picture frame on your background? For that matter you could just make the picture 768x768 and create a black border of 128 pixels on each edge. The photoshop clone tool is tedious when doing this and for 128 pixels just doesn't look right. Any other suggestions?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
What if you don't want a picture frame on your background?
I didn't mean an actual picture frame. I meant the photographic concept of framing. The focus of the image should be the 768x768 section in the middle, with the remaining edges more superfluous. Nothing you want as the focus should be cropped out of that middle section. I think the real photographers around here might be able to explain it better, though.

Captain Spekkie

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2009
The Netherlands
I think what Dejo means was that u need more space around the subject.

Lets look at an example that i made with one of my family pictures.

portret1.jpg
portret2.jpg

Think this makes it a lot clearer. Although u would best make a picture that is square so it doesn't need to zoom and stretch.

Edit: A little to late but hey :)

Elzlaik

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
Use a different photo, one with at least 128 pixels of superfluous background on all sides so that the central object/person of interest isn't cropped on the sides or top and bottom depending on the iPad's orientation.

If you REALLY want to use the photo you are having troubles with, I can't see a solution that doesn't involve photoshopping a 128px ring of background all around the periphery of the existing photo to ensure no heads are removed when changing from portrait to landscape.

Richard Cooper

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2010
New York City, NY
How about an iPad wallpaper devlopement kit! I don't know what someone is going to do if they have a headshot of someone and they want to put it on the iPad. New photos can be compensated for when they are taken but existing stuff it going to be an issue. I wonder if people will use it more in Landscape or Portrait mode and if there will be the ability to lock the wallpaper so that it doesn't rotate and crop!!!

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
iPad wallpaper

Am I the only one who doesn't like the iPad wallpaper shown on the Apple site and promo images. I know it was commissioned by Apple and cost them some $$ supposedly, but I think it is somewhat lame..

I personally think they could have done better.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Am I the only one who doesn't like the iPad wallpaper shown on the Apple site and promo images. I know it was commissioned by Apple and cost them some $$ supposedly, but I think it is somewhat lame..

It is ok in my opinion. I'm not really thrilled with it, but I don't hate it either.

Elzlaik

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
I can't speak for anyone else, but I think it looks awesome: a striking balance between the immensity of the landscape and open space, it feels clean, fresh and, thanks to the meteor shower, dare I say it ... slightly magical.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008

...change it? :confused:

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I can't speak for anyone else, but I think it looks awesome: a striking balance between the immensity of the landscape and open space, it feels clean, fresh and, thanks to the meteor shower, dare I say it ... slightly magical.

I don't believe it is a meteor shower. It looks more like a long exposure taken at dusk with, perhaps, a neutral density filter. The streaks are curved, therefore the light from the stars recorded as the earth rotates.

It just reminds me how much wasted space is on the iPad homescreen.

+1

I hope they add the ability to have 6 icons across in portrait, like you can do in the dock on the iPad simulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.