Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Was watching a developer session on Designing for iOS 7, and the icon for voice memos popped up on screen! Apologies for the low-res.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 2,873

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Good to have some confirmation, but I think we're all mostly assuming it just wasn't ready in time, and that it will be coming back.

Thanks for posting! (and breaking your NDA) :)

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Shame the icon is so ugly. They should put some colour in there or something...

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
Nice. I didn't really use it that often but it had it's moments in my use. It's funny how some people say the icons are too colorful and then not enough color in some.

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
On this place there's always one smart arse who smugly brings up NDA.

I took the smile to be sarcastic toward the OP.

Speaking as such a smart arse, why shouldn't we point out when people break their NDAs? It's breaking a promise a bad thing? I mean I do it myself, so I'm a hypocrit, but that doesn't make it right.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Given that every new feature is instantly leaked by multiple sources, I don't think it's such a big deal.

Even if my smiley face had been snarky, it wouldn't have been judging, it would have been a kudos for not giving a crap about the NDA, since they're pretty much useless for WWDC anyway.

I wouldn't go on CNN as a developer and talk about features, but posting on forums? Sure.

jutte64

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Fort Recovery , OH
Speaking as such a smart arse, why shouldn't we point out when people break their NDAs? It's breaking a promise a bad thing? I mean I do it myself, so I'm a hypocrit, but that doesn't make it right.

But it came from a video on a free app that anyone could download and use, how is that breaking a NDA?

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
But it came from a video on a free app that anyone could download and use, how is that breaking a NDA?

Yeah, I get that this wasn't an example of it, but in principle it's a valid thing to criticise people for when they do do it, isn't it?

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Interesting, that looks like a later version of the OS. You see how the dock is more transparent? That's one design issue they should fix in the next beta.

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC

Technically you can't watch the videos unless you aren't a developer though, AFAIK. It requires a sign-in. I'm a developer, so I can't tell what would happen if I wasn't, but yeah the NDA is worthless at this point. Bloggers are posting reviews of iOS 7 based on the beta they installed.

EDIT: You can't watch if you don't sign in with a developer account, I just tried. So yeah NDA would apply.

jutte64

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Fort Recovery , OH
Technically you can't watch the videos unless you are a developer though, AFAIK. It requires a sign-in. I'm a developer, so I can't tell what would happen if I wasn't, but yeah the NDA is worthless at this point. Bloggers are posting reviews of iOS 7 based on the beta they installed.

EDIT: You can't watch if you don't sign in with a developer account, I just tried. So yeah NDA would apply.

Fair enough.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Technically you can't watch the videos unless you aren't a developer though, AFAIK. It requires a sign-in. I'm a developer, so I can't tell what would happen if I wasn't, but yeah the NDA is worthless at this point. Bloggers are posting reviews of iOS 7 based on the beta they installed.

I have a free developer account, and can still watch the videos, so it's not really that much of a deal.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
that's very good news for a lot of folks.

What I find more interesting is the look of the dock. I much prefer it over the current implementation in Beta 1. Here's to hoping it will make its way into Beta 2.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
The release notes for this build stated that it was not included in this release (pretty much) confirming we'd still have it.

Given the recent leak on Apples site with the new icons I'd say this is a mock up. I could be wrong, however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.