Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

FriednTested

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
I didn't see this mentioned but you get a preview of a pic on the lock screen when you receive a pic via iMessage...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 175

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011

Could you please check if QuickType still gives you suggestions if you disable Auto-Correction from Settings (Einstellungen) → General (Allgemein) → Keyboard (Tastatur) → Auto-Correction?

Last edited:

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
Still missing is the option which Google offers of setting a reminder based on travel time from your location at the time you need to leave - if I am setting up a meeting in the centre of town in a month's time, I don't necessarily know if I'll be at another meeting in town immediately before, or at my office, or working from home. The Google option helps in that case as it will monitor where you are and pop up at the appropriate time. Maybe it will follow.
The option is present in calendars. You can set travel time to a fixed duration or set it automatically determine from your location preceding the event.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 134

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
The option is present in calendars. You can set travel time to a fixed duration or set it automatically determine from your location preceding the event.

Note, if you are attempting to save to an Exchange Calendar, at least with my corporate setup, Calendar.app will alert you that "events with GeoLocation Data cannot be saved". (I can switch it to iCloud, and it saves fine)

FriednTested

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
that was in ios 7 too

Oh sorry then... I dunno how did I miss it...

Also one more thing... When you receive emails from a person with their contact details you get a bar above the email asking you whether you want to add them as a contact... I am sure that is new...

Frankh1982

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
I've noticed that now on the lock screen, if I go to Starbucks or lowes (both of Which I have apps for) a little icon appears in the bottom corner of the screen, if you drag it up it opens the coresponding app. I wonder if this is I beacon or just wifi?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 157

DocFandan

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2013
Can use phone app while in call

In previous versions of iOS you would have a green bar at the top while you are in a call, and whether you opened the "Phone" app icon or this bar, it would show the caller screen. In iOS 8, while you are in a call, the only way to get to the caller screen is by tapping the green bar at the top. Tapping the "Phone" app actually opens the app and allows you to browse recent calls, etc while you are on a call.

Attachments

• image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    212 KB · Views: 139

amdatlon1

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
The new iOS version 8, I discovered the phone lock function on time.
If you enter 8x consecutive incorrect password when odomikaní, locked up iPhone to 1 minute.
Consequently, if you enter the wrong password 1x, iPhone hangs for 5 minutes.
Do you know someone like this goes on?

euchanels

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012
Is the UI theme more transparent now than before? It seemed that way during the demos. Did anyone notice? Or is it the same??? Previously it was hard to notice it was transparent at all..

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I've noticed that now on the lock screen, if I go to Starbucks or lowes (both of Which I have apps for) a little icon appears in the bottom corner of the screen, if you drag it up it opens the coresponding app. I wonder if this is I beacon or just wifi?

It's an ongoing mystery.

euchanels

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012
Jobs wasn't against larger screens, he was against not being able to use the phone with one hand. I'm guessing the thickness of the new phones will not deviate from this standard - or at least the 4.7" version.

iThink he was also concerned with how easily the phone will fit into a jeans pocket. Esp when u get into the car, and then gotta try get a huge phone out of your pocket, i duno how Samdung users survive!

dallardice

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008

Is that dynamic? The text invites you to "Select a starting location to automatically determine travel time, or select a time below." If you click on "From" it invites you to set a location, including Current Location, but that's where I am now. If I select it, then it puts that travel time into the calendar. But that doesn't indicate that it considers my location on the day itself, although it may be a poor description of the option.

The challenge may be that iOS is looking to rigidly block out travel time, which it can't do reliably if it doesn't know where I will be beforehand. If I'm in the office, it will block out (say) 20 minutes travel time - it won't change that if it realises I'm just next door.

And in certain locations (like London, where I live), the absence of built-in transit time calculation is always going to be an issue where most of us get around by public transport.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
- Store/Delete Messages option: Messages >

I sent this as a feature request, nice, except I had the idea of only deleting messages when the thread reaches a certain number of messages.

So say you set it to delete the 1000th message. I don't really want messages from 30 days ago to delete on rarely active threads, threads which I might only talk to once a month, they'll just disappear?

----------

OP you're doing a good job at linking to them all but it's almost useless if they're not gonna leave a screenshot.

----------

I didn't see this mentioned but you get a preview of a pic on the lock screen when you receive a pic via iMessage...

This has been around for a while, only happens if you have the "message preview" thing turned on.

Since you appear to be on a 4S, what is the performance like?

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
Jobs wasn't against larger screens, he was against not being able to use the phone with one hand. I'm guessing the thickness of the new phones will not deviate from this standard - or at least the 4.7" version.

Exactly. 4.7 and 5.5 are not one handed for the majority of people thus he probably wouldn't have done it.

And how quick things change. When the iPhone 5 came out everyone here was saying 4" was the perfect size for one handed use and now 4.7 is. ;)

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
OK I am confused now but was "Manual Exposure" control part of the Camera app before ?!?

If I tap to focus, I get a small brightness star next to the focus box which I can slide up and down to control exposure :cool:

I'm so excited for this!

So I guess you tap and hold and start moving your finger up and down? Would be cool if you could move your finger left and right to adjust the focus as well but I'm not sure that's possible with the way the hardware works.

----------

You can re-arrange the toggles

Could this be...foreshadowing us being able to rearrange Control Centre in the future? :p

Can't believe we can't rearrange the Control Centre yet...

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Exactly. 4.7 and 5.5 are not one handed for the majority of people thus he probably wouldn't have done it.

And how quick things change. When the iPhone 5 came out everyone here was saying 4" was the perfect size for one handed use and now 4.7 is. ;)

No, not exactly. Thinner devices = more thumb reach. My girlfriend has tiny little koala paws for hands and she has no problems using her 5 with one hand. Given that the 6 is supposed to be even thinner, I'm confident at least the 4.7 will have the same ergonomics. I don't see it with the 5.5, but they'll probably put some sort of marketing spin on it.

Mtmspa

Suspended
May 13, 2013

I think 4" is still the perfect size cuz I can use it with one hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.