Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

So what's your story?

• Yes...I'm married....and loving every second of it!

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • No...I'm not married...but engaged or plan to...

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I just have a girlfriend...not really sure where it's going to lead?!

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • I'm single and looking...he he he ;)

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • I'm single...and I plan to stay that way!

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I'm starting to wonder...

I know a few of u guys....like jefhatfield & mischief...are married...

and others like AlphaTech are single...

and then there's the ones with girlfriends like krossfyter & myself...

so where do u Mac-heads fit in? :p

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
I'm engaged, getting married in december this year. Starting to feel a bit nervous, but looking forward to it :)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Married, just had our 5 monthiversary, got married on Dec. 1st, 2001. Loving it, and had a blast at the wedding, too!

Vilacr

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2002
I have dated my current girlfriend for about 2 years now. She has been pressuring me to propose but I don't feel comfortable with the idea of sharing my mac with her (he he he).

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
maybe I should give more info on myself?

I've only been dating my current girlfriend for about a year & a half...

since I met here though....I've felt that "connection" unlike anything I've felt with any previous girlfriends....even after nearly 3 years...

so I'm in the "not married....but plan to with the one I'm with" :p

we talk about it...but realize we need to do certain things in our lives before we take that step....so it's a matter of time I suppose...

stromie952

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm single and looking, but, hey, thats college.

Just trying to have some fun(and do some work on the side)
;)

Definitely looking, always looking....

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
happily married

married five years-together 8 years ( with 18 month old daughter) and its all good.

not to be confused with its all easy....marriage is a lot of work but man, having someone as the ultimate friend-it just gets better and better with time.
:)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Living with girlfriend. We've been together for 4 1/2 years and will worry about marriage once we finish college.

It's sort of an inevitability for us. We've talked about it, we know where we're going. We're just not in a hurry to get there.

Living in sin never seemed so right. ;)

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
had girlfriend for 2 years. 2 years in like 2 days actually.

i don't see things changing. so we'll see. she graduates this year, me next year. so maybe in a couple years. good times.

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2001
My girlfriend and I have been together for a year and four months. She and I are going to be seperated for the summer though, as we are going to be on completely different sides of the country for a spell.

-Pete

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
I'm about as married as i can be... we've been together a year and a half, and are very happy together -- eventually when we can afford it, we'll have an actual marriage ceremony...

:)
pnw

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
i was in grad school and working on a really cool model boat (very detailed) and then i got married

now the boat is only one day a week and school, well that is now at a snail's pace until i finish and get a "proper" teaching job teaching seniors at the college instead of teaching seniors at the elementary school

...and yes, i live in a retirement area and i am not too far from reaching AARP age myself...one has to be 50 and i will be 40 next year...but i will join since it has its cool perks...i guess we can count each other's grey hairs and talk about the appropriate-ness of george foeman's prosrate commercials

i will, for my health, get one of those tests next year...and i can't imagine that it will be considered a hot date or anything...i guess i will at least make sure the MD is a hot looking female;)

hey arn, don't censor this since you are a physician...he he

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by jefhatfield
i will, for my health, get one of those tests next year...and i can't imagine that it will be considered a hot date or anything...i guess i will at least make sure the MD is a hot looking female;)

oh man.... that is something that i am NOT looking forward to.... yikes

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
I live with my girlfriend, she is cool and of course she wants to married me. I though I was prepared for it but in Venezuela every single girl is hot and I want them all!!!! So, I think that bilogically I'm not that satify yet and I'm not getting married until my sexual needs are agree too.

But the reality is that I do not have money to do it. I do not even have a stable entry! One of my best friend (he is 25) just divorced because of that. Well, that is something very common in my country right now when we are un such economic depression.

Just to drop you some nomber I just found out. The cost of the public system is 700billion dollars, I mean, that is the money that the gouverment has to paid to public schools, hospitals, administrative offices, mayors, etc. We have today in the federal reserve 7billion dollars. That is the money just to pay people, not to even build roads or change a light bolt.

If we remove this president that is covering everuthing up by the way, the gouverment would have to fired 80% of the public personel at list.

I really would like to be in the US when that happend.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Never had a girlfriend…just waiting for the right one to come along.

In the meantime, I've got my Macs.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
...and everyone's soft side comes out... :)

Personally, I'm in the "All women are bitches and they can all get ******" category - or similar ;)

My last experience was enough to turn me off coupled life for ever. But I'm sure that feeling won't last forever... I imagine it will start to suck after a while!

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by Beej
My last experience was enough to turn me off coupled life for ever. But I'm sure that feeling won't last forever... I imagine it will start to suck after a while!

hey man...if are lucky it may start to suck...he he he :p

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
I've been with my current girlfriend for a little over 5 months, well officially. We started hooking up 9 months ago ;)

I dont know where its going, we'll be together for some of the summer, but I have these things called horomones.....

I'll try and be good, I just hope she does the same :confused:

Well, maybe I'll have a G5 to keep me company when she's not here

jelloshotsrule...man, I just looked at your post count...that sucka's tripled in the last month. You need to slow down or youre gonna end up like Eye...

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by teabgs
jelloshotsrule...man, I just looked at your post count...that sucka's tripled in the last month. You need to slow down or youre gonna end up like Eye...

well. i basically don't post for a few days, then some day i'll be not so busy and build it up. depending on what i have to say. the summer may be boring, living in suburban PA with my parents and not a job yet...

i don't have that many more posts than you though i didn't think.

i should be animating. as usual.

iH8Quark

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2002
Big Shoulders
Living with girlfriend of 3 years. Yes...I'm P-whooped.

But she goes out of town! ;) Well, she does, but unfortunately for my privates, I'm sitten and faithful. Just bought her a beauty of a ring, though. So stay tuned. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.